The VaNiTy ThReAd

Wilhiam Hydraconis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 601 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have tried so hard to modify the LAQ bedset... because it is so popular. I have searched high and low for a "lie under blanket" bed, but that's almost impossible to find.

Mesh wasn't easy to mod, but I found out I can select and texture parts of a mesh design. I textured the wood with transparent texture. Then I can still click where the headboard is and get up options to change pillows and sheets. The cover was heavy shaded when the wood is invisible and that does not look good. I textured the cover with some of my textures. The bedstands from LAQ got a turquisegreen bedtable moved over and stretched so the lamp and stuff looks like it belongs to the new table. Then I textured the parts that looked strange with transparent. Finally I linked both beadtables, and since they are mesh both, the LI is still one. I bilt a new headstand and base for the bed of free mesh pallets. I linked them too, so 6 pallets has a LI of 3. 

Free pallets to grab: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Pallets-DBy/4292403

EDIT_001.jpg

Well, it's taken my almost 4 yrs to figure out how to sit in a tree! (rezz a cube, sit on it, click edit then move the cube with you on it to anywhere you want to sit and don't forget to make it transparent) This just expanded my picture taking possibilities! I feel like a dunce... took me this long to figure it out..doh! Here's Nim sitting in a tree..lovie it ...::matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:

smiling_001.jpg

Nimue Mistwalker wrote:

Well, it's taken my almost 4 yrs to figure out how to sit in a tree! (rezz a cube, sit on it, click edit then move the cube with you on it to anywhere you want to sit and don't forget to make it transparent) This just expanded my picture taking possibilities! I feel like a dunce... took me this long to figure it out..doh! Here's Nim sitting in a tree..lovie it ...::matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:

smiling_001.jpg

Very nice picture!

Peace!

--||-

Marianne Little wrote:

I have tried so hard to modify the LAQ bedset... because it is so popular. I have searched high and low for a "lie under blanket" bed, but that's almost impossible to find.

Mesh wasn't easy to mod, but I found out I can select and texture parts of a mesh design. I textured the wood with transparent texture. Then I can still click where the headboard is and get up options to change pillows and sheets. The cover was heavy shaded when the wood is invisible and that does not look good. I textured the cover with some of my textures. The bedstands from LAQ got a turquisegreen bedtable moved over and stretched so the lamp and stuff looks like it belongs to the new table. Then I textured the parts that looked strange with transparent. Finally I linked both beadtables, and since they are mesh both, the LI is still one. I bilt a new headstand and base for the bed of free mesh pallets. I linked them too, so 6 pallets has a LI of 3. 

Free pallets to grab: 

EDIT_001.jpg

Wow Marianne, that's an impressive work! Thank you for sharing with us. How I wish I could be such a good technie as you are! :smileyhappy:

What a pretty picture Nim! And, thanks for the tip, I might sit on trees more often now. :smileywink: I'm loving your look here, freckles and glasses look so cute on you! :smileyhappy:

Meanwhile, I got a little tired of wearing blue eyes for more than 6 years. Sometimes a change doesn't hurt, does it? :smileyhappy:

eyes[5].jpg

My avatar finally decided to pay a visit to the famous  Photoshop Vanity Beauty Parlour.  :matte-motes-big-grin:

When she entered the parlour, this was how she looked:

After many hours in the parlour she finally got out.  Wow!  :smileysurprised:  Amazing! :smileyhappy:
The parlour beauticians had indeed used all their finest, latest methods in beautifiyng this lady.
Highly recommended!  :matte-motes-smile: :matte-motes-wink-tongue:

(Hmm.. I wonder, did they use some plastic surgery too?) :smileyindifferent:

Coby Foden wrote:

My avatar finally decided to pay a visit to the famous 
Photoshop Vanity Beauty Parlour
.  :matte-motes-big-grin:

When she entered the parlour, this was how she looked:

After many hours in the parlour she finally got out.  Wow!  :smileysurprised:  Amazing! :smileyhappy:

The parlour beauticians had indeed used all their finest, latest methods in beautifiyng this lady.

Highly recommended!  :matte-motes-smile: :matte-motes-wink-tongue:

(Hmm.. I wonder, did they use some plastic surgery too?)
:smileyindifferent:

Wow, very nice Coby! :heart:

Just checked my Photoshop filters: there is no "plastic surgery" but there is a "plastic wrap" one!!! :D

Marianne Little wrote:

You all look stunning!

But Val, wasn't it a house thread somewhere? I can take a pic of me in my garden of course, but idk... 

Not that I can remember Marianne, we do need a home & decor thread! You start it, it will be a blast! :smileyhappy:

Happy belated birthday Raven! 

lol Nimu, you look so mischievous here, secret little smile while sitting in a tree, I wonder what you're doing up there :matte-motes-little-laugh:

Cool outfit Saraya (yes, totally intended pun :D

Lovely Val, I don't remember if I've said how pretty that hair is on you. You look like one of the great classic movie starlets (no idea which one, I couldn't name any of them lol)

Marianne, wow! I knew the clock looked very very similar, but decided there was no way that was LAQ. I'm with Val, wishing I had your tech skills :smileysurprised:

I can't add much to the home thread if it's made, since I've downsized to a teeny little spot just bit enough to have a home lol. 

Another pic of me I can't take credit for, done by my friend Regan :matte-motes-bashful-cute-2: (the same friend who pointed out to me that my favorite necklace since noobdom was not the simple pretty cross I thought, but a symbol of the medal for horrors against my ancestors D: Needless to say, I've had to trash it :smileysad:)

me!.png

I bought the Snow Rabbit hybrid head at the Skin Fair. Yes, yes, I know it is young. But it is a-d-o-r-a-b-l-e! The lashes are almost worth the price alone...

A few small things I would change, we will see if the creator comes with an update. I thought the shadow under the chin was a bit too dark, and the face color a bit fresher and stronger than the body. But that could be because the mesh head has a much higher quality than the poor sl body. I hope the creator brings up some other skins. Add-ons like freckles and a bit other stuff like dimples, other eyebrows, wrinkles (!) would make it easier to make it a bit different from the crowd. For now, I supported the creator by buying it, hoping that more will follow.

hybrid_005.jpghybrid_003.jpg

valerie Inshan wrote:

You are right, a sub forum is missing here. Maybe art and photography for now? Would be worth a PM to the community manager.... or even Rodvik! 

You started a thread titled Do You Garden? almost two years ago. It's in the Creation Forum under Art, Music, and Photography. Home/garden decor topics don't quite fit there, but they don't fit in the other subcategories either. I'd vote for a new subcategory under Creation.

You have done a fantastic work here Marianne! For sure, you won't be mistaken for a child avi! :smileyhappy: I tried to go to the Skin Fair, but it was so laggy I never got the chance to find this amazing face... So many shops and almost all grayed out, lol, I gave up! 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 601 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.