do you garden?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4588 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Your region looks very peaceful, though someone trying to get a boat to the dock might disagree.

I wondered what was tragic about Taliesin, so I looked it up as you suggested. I've read a lot about Frank Lloyd Wright and never before run across what happened at his home. I admit I'm more interested in his architecture than his personal life, but it seems like something that would've come up.

Did you spend time at the FL Wright Museum in SL?

I went to the FL Wright museum yesterday but I was on such a lousy computer at work, it couldnt rez properly. I will have to check it our next weekend.

Meanwhile, I have finished my forest-themed garden by adding a pond and cascades. You can't see them, but there are plenty of birds singing all day in there! :smileyhappy: Almost everything comes from Heart, except for the cascades which were designed by a friend long time ago.

villa.jpg

pond.jpg

• Like 1

Very nice pictures! I especially like the first one.

The FL Wright Museum is gone, as of the beginning of the year, I think. The group that ran it had an agreement with the Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation that allowed them to make reproductions of Wright's work in SL. When the agreement expired the Foundation refused to renew it and the museum had to close. The region is still there and landmarks to the Wright museum still work, but the region has a new name and is run by Virtual Museums Incorporated. It's interesting, but not FL Wright. :matte-motes-frown:

I'll go back in time a bit. Here's part of my land in summer 2010:

and again, but playing with water settings

Spring/summer 2010 was an attempt at a fantasy look:

And fall 2010 was the beginning of the shift to the current look (with a total rebuild for winter in between):

• Like 3

Thank you. I'm glad you liked my work.

I've enjoyed all the pictures, but the inspiration I have from this topic is to design a house. I've tended to build very large skybox structures rather than houses. I think the last small house-like structure I did was a few years ago. It was meant to be an office space on Nonprofit Commons, but we ended up making it into an art gallery. 

Crooked House 1.jpg

Obviously it wasn't meant to be serious at all.

Crooked House 2.jpg

The background may seem a bit strange. I rezzed it in this:

Crooked House on station main deck.jpg

I see beta Viewer 2.8.1 has some problems with the sky at 3000 meters.

This was a fun topic, valerie. Thanks for starting it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi wildcat,

I was at your sim yesterday and it is so beautiful. I always enjoy visiting sims where I can just go and relax. It is very peaceful. I also visited the Cigar Yachts sim because I really liked the yacht you had rezzed. I'm thinking about purchasing that Aqua cigarette speedboat for the 1/4 sim I plan on purchasing sometime. Would appreciate any advice you have on landscaping. I'm currently on a 4096sqm beach sim and in my opinion and it doesn't look very appealing compared to the pictures on this thread. Very talented residents.

Have a nice day,

Frank :)

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4588 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.