Where are all my friends? Come on in and lets get comfy by the fire!

Hippie Bowman

2 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

Morning everyone! There is a upside to 10-hour work days.

13XKOIl.png

Downside, too. For the bulk of my career, I had 10+ hour work days... seven days a week.

Enjoy your weekend, Clover.

Happy Friday, Kids!!!

You've got three days to prepare to celebrate Monday, don't waste them.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Downside, too. For the bulk of my career, I had 10+ hour work days... seven days a week.

Enjoy your weekend, Clover.

Happy Friday, Kids!!!

You've got three days to prepare to celebrate Monday, don't waste them.

Oh yeah been there too in retail. This is only for a few weeks during the summer so it's not too bad.

Saturday, Sunday, Monday? what difference does it make? I haven't had a day off since May 28th and wont get another one until? Well according to the schedule at the moment that would be June 17, but hey there is time for them to change that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Talligurl said:

Saturday, Sunday, Monday? what difference does it make? I haven't had a day off since May 28th and wont get another one until? Well according to the schedule at the moment that would be June 17, but hey there is time for them to change that.

Sorry to hear the Talligurl.  Everyone needs some down time.  I hope you get some soon.

Peace!

downtime.jpg

Edited by Hippie Bowman
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, twilk14 said:

Good morning everyone! 

I hope all of you have a lovely Tuesday! :) I'm inworld and need someone to chat with all of the time. If you guys wish to chat with me, search and IM me - Twilk14

Good morning Twilk!

Peace!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hippie Bowman said:

Love that video Maddy! Good morning all! Happy Tuesday! Enjoy this funny "Cats don't like things" video! Have a great day!

My childhood cat, Alex, didn't like a lot of things, including my toes at 4AM. He'd sneak up under the covers at the foot of my bed and try to eat me alive!

Although I do like Root Beer Rag, Billy Joel plays it a little too fast in that video. He's slowed down some as he mellows with age. Here's something that's easier to savor while lounging on a davenport on a summer afternoon...

Where I come from, sofas are sometimes called davenports.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

My grandma came from there too and purses were pocketbooks and wallets were billfolds and her unsweet sun tea was "moonshine."

Still never forgave her for yelling at my mom that I was the devil's daughter and had the devil inside me because I "acted up" one day when I was little. Mom said later that she and my dad's mom had never gotten along.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

For me, 'sofa' was the term for the thing in the stuffy formal living room, whereas the comfy family room had a 'couch'.

Though actually, I guess there was only one room - the living room - early in my childhood. The 'family' room came about in my late teen years.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1