Where are all my friends? Come on in and lets get comfy by the fire!

Hippie Bowman
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 80 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

18 hours ago, Lipahlove said:

oh hello there *smiles* what a nice fire you guys got here, mind if i, a stranger, join you?

Welcome to the Cozy Fire Lipahlove!  Good morning all!  Happy Sunday!  The breakfast club pulls up to Djina's place today at 8 AM!  Watch my feed @ https://my.secondlife.com/hippie.bowman for the location!  Hope to see you Friends!  

Peace!

breakfast.jpg

• Like 1

Hello Peoples!  I'm babysitting for a friend for a couple of hours on this lovely Sunday!  Either that, or I have a 3' tall RL stalker.........

ME babysitting should be good for either humor or a lawsuit........can you sue small children?

giphy.gif

Edited by AmandaKeen
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

There you are! You and Rhonda have been MIA for days!!! Coincidence??? (yeah probably)

If she awakes to find she's got a newly painted guest bedroom there may be some small possibility that we're the same person... with a weird case of selective amnesia.

And I can tell you right now that, as the one who actually painted a bedroom, I'm remembering the wrong parts of my life.

• Like 2

I have a best friend in RL.  Let's call him Dave.  I have known Dave sense we have worked together in the early 80's at Paradyne, a now defunct telecommunications company.  It has been and still is a fun ride with Dave.  We have done a lot of things together.  We both got cave certified and explored some of the most pristine cave systems in both the US and Mexico.  Dave also owns an ultra-light.  I have not rode with him yet.  I told him he must have 200 successful landings before I will even think about getting in the backseat of his aircraft!  We are both avid Flying RC Wing Nuts.  Fixed wing.  Helicopters.  Small micro drones.  And now RC Boats.  When we buy something we always buy 2 of them (Except for my Phantom 3 Advanced drone.  Way too expensive to buy two of them.)  After all what fun is it to play all by yourself.  

In December I bought 2 Pro boat react 17" brushed boat. Here is a video of that boat in the pond near me.

Well the other day I got a text from Dave saying the boats at arrived.  I texted back "boats?"  Yes he said boats.  He had ordered  2 Pro boat recoil 17" brush-less boat!  Wow.  I was excited as can be.  the difference in efficiency between a brushed motor and a brush-less motor is tremendous as you will see in the next video.  Watch how fast the Recoil 17" goes.  It almost goes faster than my drone!   We are at the same pond as before.   Dave is driving the boat in this one, and I am manning the Phantom 3 Drone.  Watch as full grown adults play!!  

So you see it is good to have friends.  I cherish my RL and SL friends big time!

Peace!

Edited by Hippie Bowman
addition
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Hippie Bowman said:

So you see it is good to have friends.  I cherish my RL and SL friends big time!

Friends with toys are the best kind of friends!

I'm amazed Dave was able to keep that little boat in the pond. I'd have it in a tree in no time, and I'd have the drone in the water.

I think it would be interesting to see the boat from straight overhead, with the entire pond in view.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Friends with toys are the best kind of friends!

I'm amazed Dave was able to keep that little boat in the pond. I'd have it in a tree in no time, and I'd have the drone in the water.

I think it would be interesting to see the boat from straight overhead, with the entire pond in view.

Yeah Maddy!  The Brush-less motor pushes the boat to the limits.  The granularity of the steering is very sensitive.  Very little movement or the boat flips and sometimes submarines!  HAHAH!  Both boats are the same size.  I had to be careful to stay high enough to stay out of the boats roaster tail.  HAHAH!  Yes an Arial view of the boat would be fun.  You could judge how fast it is going easy that way.  Just need to know how long the pond is!  /me hugs you!

Peace!

Edited by Hippie Bowman

7 minutes ago, Hippie Bowman said:

Yeah Maddy!  The Brush-less motor pushes the boat to the limits.  Both boats are the same size.  I had to be careful to stay high enough to stay out of the boats roaster tail.  HAHAH!  Yes an arial view of the boat would be fun.  You could judge how fast it is going easy that way.  Just need to know how long the pond is!  /me hugs you!

Peace!

I've been trying to fly cinematic paths with my drone. It's hard work. I'll  have to explore some of the path following functions, so I can concentrate on steering the camera. If I had a friend like Dave, I'd invest in an Inspire drone or something even more sophisticated, were two or more people are needed to operate everything. Within a few years, I think the technology will advance to the point where the drone can handle some of the cinematic work itself. DJI's new baby drone has object recognition, and can keep subjects in-frame during a flight.

This is only gonna get more fun.

As for brushless motors, just imagine what'll happen if someone figures out room-temperature superconductivity.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I've been trying to fly cinematic paths with my drone. It's hard work. I'll  have to explore some of the path following functions, so I can concentrate on steering the camera. If I had a friend like Dave, I'd invest in an Inspire drone or something even more sophisticated, were two or more people are needed to operate everything. Within a few years, I think the technology will advance to the point where the drone can handle some of the cinematic work itself. DJI's new baby drone has object recognition, and can keep subjects in-frame during a flight.

This is only gonna get more fun.

As for brushless motors, just imagine what'll happen if someone figures out room-temperature superconductivity.

I have not tried to set waypoints yet. I want to try orbiting around something too. Now room temperature superconductivity would  be the cats meow! Imagine an almost frictionless motor. It may be you could do this now with current technology. But the drone would have to weigh way too much just to lift the liquid nitrogen for cooling. We can dream however!

Peace!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 80 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.