Hippie Bowman

Where are all my friends? Come on in and lets get comfy by the fire!

15 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

My grandma came from there too and purses were pocketbooks and wallets were billfolds and her unsweet sun tea was "moonshine."

Still never forgave her for yelling at my mom that I was the devil's daughter and had the devil inside me because I "acted up" one day when I was little. Mom said later that she and my dad's mom had never gotten along.

Yep, I have a billfold in my pocketbook. And if you don't have at least a li'l devil inside you, we're never going to get along...

5940309900454_LilDevil.thumb.jpg.2517342f2b77a7950752dba57dfb23a7.jpg

Throughout my life, my Dad always referred to me as his little something-or-other.

Little Girl
Little Princess
Little Lady
Little Monster
Little Devil
Little Pain In The Ass

You get the idea. Mom still refers to me as her Li'l Devil and I sign her birthday cards "Your Li'l Monster".

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Josephine Carissa said:

Greetings Everyone,

Happy Tuesday, hope you all have a good day : )

Kind Regards,

Josephine

A flowers.JPG

Back at ya Jo!

Peace!

Good morning everyone! Happy peak of the week! 2 more days at the salt mine then 9 glorious days off! I can hardly stand the anticipation! Enjoy this video about borrowed time.

Peace! 

• Like 2

It is my Friday, hoping the storm that is due tonight not as bad as last night's. There is so much damage around town :(

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Clover Jinx said:

It is my Friday, hoping the storm that is due tonight not as bad as last night's. There is so much damage around town :(

Be safe Clover!

Peace!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

Thank you, Hippie! So far so good, but the third storm this week is supposed to hit about 5-5:30p central time.

Tornadoes?

Peace!

Luckily no, just a lot of wind, rain and hail. Tons of property damage but so far I haven't heard of anyone who was injured.

That was a rough storm.  This is part the one that came through the window. The rest of it splintered when it hit the floor. If you follow the curve around you can see the size when it was one big ball.

Hail1.JPG.257b766dc4718767a713e93fcbe9b6fc.JPG

The only other real damage was my car ...

Hail2.JPG.540b2a2206f73568ea37fe0d0ff07557.JPG

Plus a few dings and dents.  We also lost a few smaller limbs in the trees.  We don't know how bad the roof is yet but my hubby is going to try and talk the insurance adjuster into adding a new grill to the quote if the roof needs fixed. HA!  Good luck.

All in all we were on the lighter side of the storm.  Some places pounded pretty hard.  I didn't get a lot of hail but what we had was BIG!

• Like 2

I found myself in the middle of a golf ball sized hail storm when I was a kid. I was riding our tractor through a neighbor's field, watching the clouds roll in.

It hurt... a lot. I had to cower under the engine to avoid being pummeled. Your storm was much worse, I'm glad you two weren't out in the middle of it.

Have a Happy and Safe Thursday, Kids!!!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

That was a rough storm.  This is part the one that came through the window. The rest of it splintered when it hit the floor. If you follow the curve around you can see the size when it was one big ball.

Hail1.JPG.257b766dc4718767a713e93fcbe9b6fc.JPG

The only other real damage was my car ...

Hail2.JPG.540b2a2206f73568ea37fe0d0ff07557.JPG

Plus a few dings and dents.  We also lost a few smaller limbs in the trees.  We don't know how bad the roof is yet but my hubby is going to try and talk the insurance adjuster into adding a new grill to the quote if the roof needs fixed. HA!  Good luck.

All in all we were on the lighter side of the storm.  Some places pounded pretty hard.  I didn't get a lot of hail but what we had was BIG!

Wow Rhonda! The hail is so big! I hope everything is okay!

Peace!

Good morning all. Happy Friday!  I found this video of monkeys grieving over a spy monkey that they think had died. The ability of animals to have emotions and empathy is incredible!

Peace!

6 hours ago, Hippie Bowman said:

The ability of animals to have emotions and empathy is incredible!

And the inability of some humans to have emotions and empathy is saddening. 

Nature will do what she will do.

On the bright side, we're on the eve of two days we can devote entirely to preparations for Monday. Now that's incredible!

Happy Friday, Kids!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clover Jinx said:

I was not a chicken...

6_18.17breakfastchicken.thumb.jpg.26c2a6631cfffc91c81229dac7a60116.jpg

... I joined Hippie and company for breakfast.

6_18.17breakfast2.thumb.jpg.e74346b9e213c4cd4aa9220bf56ab46d.jpg

Was good to see you there Clover!

Peace!

• Like 2