Fast Food Resaurants?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3504 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Benson Gravois wrote:

Come on guys, Like role playing I mean, and a social place to meet someone.

That works in RL but not in SL.

You can be instantly everywhere and talk to everyone and nobody needs food. So all that kind of places are maybe used 1-2 times when they are new and thats it.

The only fun in places like that are to build them. Once they are there. Delete and make something new. :D

Benson Gravois wrote:

Anyone know of any good fast food joints on the grid? Or Tim Hortons?

Seeing as any RL fast food joints name would be illegal to use in SL... How would one go about making a popular one? And why would anyone want to RP working there? Trust me, I lost 4 years of my RL at one.. It is something i would never wish on anyone. They really do need better pay.

Benson Gravois wrote:

My experiences in dining out in Second Life...

Everything is too big! :matte-motes-frown:

Snapshot_006.jpg

There is no service, or the service is very slow.

Casa De Aromas_1.jpg

... and the food is totally tastless when it finally arrives. :matte-motes-frown:

:matte-motes-yawn: :smileywink:

Benson Gravois wrote:

OUtside of already established RP sims, I haven't seen any populated by more than one person at a time. Sometimes, at entertainment sims, like amusement parks and small towns, you may find some restaurants with more than one person in them. Generally though, people don't really use them much. Sorry.

You can search inword, but you're likely to find what I have found, a lot of empty places, lol. So check RP sims, if you want people to hang with or meet :)

On Sunday at 2:12 PDT the Reality Check Café was empty.

On the other side of the road there was some activity going on. There's an Avatar Fitness Club. Some newbies were checking and trying out the equipment there. :smileyhappy:
Some treadmills are paying 1 L$ per 20 minutes of exercise. :smileyvery-happy: :smileytongue:

mikka Luik wrote:

And loved Tims when it was Canadian.

There's such a weird "nostalgia" for this ersatz "Canadian" donut chain. Granted, when it was still small, it was Canadian enough, but only up until the mid-1990s when it merged with Wendy's and became a Delaware corporation, which it remained (through various shufflings of title) until 2009. So, only for the past five years has the current Timmy's chain been "Canadian" in any real, legal sense.

Qie Niangao wrote:

mikka Luik wrote:

And loved Tims when it was Canadian.

There's such a weird "nostalgia" for this ersatz "Canadian" donut chain. Granted, when it was still small, it was Canadian enough, but only up until the mid-1990s when it merged with Wendy's and became a Delaware corporation, which it remained (through various shufflings of title) until 2009. So, only for the past five years has the current Timmy's chain been "Canadian" in any real, legal sense.

I was surprised when I learned that Per capita, Canadians consume the most doughnuts, and Canada has the most doughnut stores per capita.

I thought for sure we would take the cake on that here.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3504 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.