Bring back the noob look, it was beautiful!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3581 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Avatars might look more realistic these days and everyone seems to love mesh...but i miss the old days and the old look - it was more fun!

Here are some great looking avis in a sandbox...I guess these days snobs would call them 'noobs' but I think they look fantastic:

picv2.png

Here are two stylish guys - keep it simple! Puts most of those fashion blog posts to shame! They look like fun too. 

Snapshot_001.png

But below is the BEST AV that has EVER been on SL...what a shame you can't get it on SL anymore!!

duck.png

We need a fashion revival, get back to basics!

"i dont know what the difference between these and mesh is"

Less lag and less other issues with the old ones, mainly. And I still don´t get what´s so superphenomicalfantastic about these mesh avi doll looks at all. Besides the terrible functionality hassle they cause.

Second Life has become such a chore for me since the introduction of mesh, and when you've got OCD too, it can just become one big nightmare.

Saverbulbs and compressed deodorants in real life make me feel the same way.

I wanna leave this "saving load" phase and go back to fun times.

Poison Trang wrote:

Avatars might look more realistic these days and everyone seems to love mesh...but i miss the old days and the old look - it was more fun!

Here are some great looking avis in a sandbox...I guess these days snobs would call them 'noobs' but I think they look fantastic:

picv2.png

Here are two stylish guys - keep it simple! Puts most of those fashion blog posts to shame! They look like fun too. 

Snapshot_001.png

But below is the BEST AV that has EVER been on SL...what a shame you can't get it on SL anymore!!

duck.png

We need a fashion revival, get back to basics!

There really is a big fashionista community. Those who are part of it may not self-identify as fashionistas but all the same they're part of it. Take pouty-mouth skins. Suddenly one popular skin maker (apparently) made pouty-mouth skins, and then many more rushed to follow. For a while, damn near every skin you looked at had lips two sizes too large, pouting. You'd think people would say, "Well ok but it's not for me; i don't really want that look." But NO. Everyone rushed to get them because, IT'S NEW! IT'S CURRENT!

Same for Phat Azzes. Same for Lolas and Tangos. I mean, why would you want to make your avatar look even more cartoonish than Jessica Rabbit? BECAUSE IT'S NEW! IT'S CURRENT!

As long as there are people who believe that getting the latest and greatest is an absolute requirement to be even remotely considered relevant in SL (and there are a whole lot of them) that opinion will continue.  For me, I figure if I look okay to me than i look okay. I may meddle with new things now and then, but just for fun, not because I have to be up to date.  I have a friend who does not visit SL often but when she does is still clearly wearing an avatar put together way back when, maybe 2004 or 2005. Bothers her not at all and me the same. We can talk.

If an individual truly doesn't care what other people think, what the fashionistas say shouldn't matter, right?.  Wear what makes you happy.  If a person loves the feel of his/her flexi hair blowing in the non-existent breeze, then by all means  continue to do you.. 

Poison your post made me laugh  (in agreement)  :)

I was having a similar conversation the other week with a friend I've recently introduced to SL.  I've been in and out of SL for years but hadn't been in much the past couple of years till recently and we both really noticed the way some of the skins (or should I say shapes?) look now , especially when viewing some of the SL shots over at the SL Flickr group, and some of the product images inworld.   Many of the women's faces have a really vacuous, poutty-mouthed, somewhat depressed look compared to older skins and shapes...On the one hand some of those images are really beautifully done, but makes me wonder why women want to look so....vacant and poutty (lol unless they are all men playing them).

But having said that, that is the beauty of SL....be who you want to be...I just find it  a little sad that many women have tried so hard for so long to be accepted as more than an empty-headed, poutty-mouthed objects...and that look in SL doesn't really help that cause...

[ducks for cover as I'm sure I'll get some upset responses to this.... :)  ]

YES !!!  i agree with you 100 % ,the old look was awsome !!! hey you should start a group and call it the no mesh club or old school noobs  lol something like that i am sure many of us will join ,count me in !!!

laprianavatar1.jpgtumblr_n7nb6k3msw1tt9lrzo1_250.jpgSnapshot_005 (4).jpg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3581 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.