Has everything been done on SL?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3643 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Even though it may seem that everything has been done, that's far from the case or the content creators wouldn't be working still..  Thousands of new things are created everyday.  New sims are being built and older sims being changed or remodeled too.  That is a great thing about SL, no matter how long you have been a resident, there is always something new to see.

From certain points of view, SL covers a lot of ground. But, If you compare SL to real life you can find things that haven't been done and since SL is also a world where imagination can come to life...the possibilities are endless.

if take your question lieral then yes. i done everything q; (:

well clicked it on or sat on it anyways. at least once. if was a bit weird then i usual sit on it again just to make sure is actual really weird and not just me (:

irihapeti wrote:

if was a bit weird then i usual sit on it again just to make sure is actual really weird and not just me (:

I think there's some law of self observation that applies here, insuring that you can't actually know whether it's the thing, or you, that's weird.

It requires others telling you for the truth to be revealed.

;-).

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

irihapeti wrote:

if was a bit weird then i usual sit on it again just to make sure is actual really weird and not just me (:

I think there's some law of self observation that applies here, insuring that you can't actually know whether it's the thing, or you, that's weird.

;-).

Self Aweirdness?

bebejee wrote:

Its amazing I cant think of anything this place lacks, can you think of anything new to add here?

Your current inability to think of anything this place lacks says nothing about this place.

Just as a mental check, imagine people looking back on SL 50 years from now.

Does that answer your question?

Get to work!

;-).

Perrie Juran wrote:

irihapeti wrote:

;-).

Self Aweirdness?

Perfect!

You can be the first to escape this bubble. None yet has ever flown high enough to pop through the 'skin' that limits us, and observed the world of Second Life from outside (or at least none have done so and returned). We know the stars are there, we can see them in the sky each night. But try as we might, we have yet to reach them.

The Scholars say the absolute height limit is a bit over 2 billion meters: 2,147,483,647, to be exact (those who are mathematically inclined will no doubt find this number fascinating, based on this Wikipedia reference).

I say to Linden Lab, "Who dares to tell us of limits? Did you think we were but pawns in your game? Think again! We are strong! We are mighty! (manages to not say 'hear us roar') We don't gotta show you no stinkin' limits!"

PUNCH it, Chewie!

edited after reviewing data on Ep. IV. Memory can be such an unreliable thing.

Dillon Levenque wrote:

You can be the first to escape this bubble. None yet has ever flown high enough to pop through the 'skin' that limits us, and observed the world of Second Life from outside (or at least none have done so and returned). We know the stars are there, we can see them in the sky each night. But try as we might, we have yet to reach them.

The 
 say the absolute height limit is a bit over 2 billion meters: 2,147,483,647, to be exact (those who are mathematically inclined will no doubt find this number fascinating, based on
Wikipedia reference).

I say to Linden Lab, "Who dares to tell us of limits? Did you think we were but pawns in your game? Think again! We are strong! We are mighty! (
manages to not say 'hear us roar'
) We don't gotta show you no stinkin' limits!"

PUNCH it, Chewie!

Okay! And the name's Maddy!

I taped an M&M down on the up arrow key years ago...

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of SL,

And danced the skies on laughter-silvered flight feather;

Sunward I've climbed and joined the tumbling mirth of artificial clouds -

and done a hundred things You have not dreamed of - (See, bebejee!)

wheeled and soared and swung high in the sunlit silence.

Hovering there I've chased the shouting wind along

and flung my ugly avatar through footless (damned invisiprims) halls of air.

Up, up the long delirious burning blue

I've topped the wind-swept heights with an M&M on the up arrow,

where never lark, or even freenis, flew;

and, while with silent, absent mind I've trod

the high untrespassed sanctity of space,

put out my hand and touched the face of Philip Rosedale.

;-)

Perrie Juran wrote:

irihapeti wrote:

;-).

Self Aweirdness?

jejejejjeje (:

i like that. imma self aweird lol

jejejejjejjeje (:

Yeah, I knew about that (but had forgotten so tried it anyway). I reversed course and did a Fly Up. I had to tape something down over the PageUp key rather than the up arrow, but possibly that's a Mac thing—Maddy uses a Mac. Didn't help; I still stalled at 5105 (or 4095 above my place). I decided to start from that altitude and shift to the Up arrow (fly forwarad) to see if somehow that would make me gain elevation (it didn't). What it did do was show me I have a distant neighbor who has found a way to extend her NO FLY zone above 5,000 meters, since when I next looked at the screen I was reading her "We don't allow that sort of thing around here" message as I was tumbling to the ground.

if want to see whats up there then use this

default{    touch_start(integer total_number)    {        llSetForce(< 0, 0, 999999999>, FALSE);    }}

will end up like this. this at 100,000 and still going

Snapshot_002.JPG

edit

if change 999999999999 to X or Y then will be the fastest trip you ever made across the grid. if dont crash first (:

buildings avatars orbs pftt!!! will go straight thru them. i think LL capped setforce so it takes about 2-3 secs now to cross a sim. havent done that for ages. but is still pretty fast

Bebjee, what you need is a nonstandard size avie. Suddenly nothing fits, and when you go clothes "shopping" there is really no selection. Second Life basically has maybe 5% creative people and a population density of Wyoming, not to disparage Wyoming. Basically if you want it, 90% of the time it is not there. If I want a dress with a red eared slider on it (I own one in real life)...I have to make it. If I want a sweater with a picture of Baby Moshe, lone survivor of the Mumbai terrorism attack on a Chabad House, I had to make it. There are very few modern, non-attacking bee hives in Second Life. I have one of the designs. There were no mason bees in Second Life before I created a nesting facility for them. You get the idea.

Check out the art displays. Bryn Oh, in particular. He has a series of interactive art projects he's done over the years that tell a story. Currently, it's The Singularity of Kumiko. If you go, do be sure to follow the directions he has at the landing point for your windlight settings to enjoy the full immersion. Come Halloween, check out the Sn@tch interactive Halloween "haunted house." Look at the destinations guide for other ideas.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3643 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.