The Mesh Project Mesh Head- HELP!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2539 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I know about the manual and it reads that mesh head skins are sold separately but it doesn't tell you where or how to buy one. I assumed that I bought one when I bought the "Dash Style" face for $1000.  But I guess not. So, where does one buy a skin for the mesh head???? When at "The Shops" they don't tell you either and no immediate online help to be had. 

These people make buying experiences a nightmare it appears. They could make it so much more simpler. It's as if they went out of their way to make it difficult.

I ran across all these complaint posts about TMP only AFTER I purchased. If I had before buying then I would had went with another company.

Edited by Rhett Soulstar

1 hour ago, Rhett Soulstar said:

I know about the manual and it reads that mesh head skins are sold separately but it doesn't tell you where or how to buy one. I assumed that I bought one when I bought the "Dash Style" face for $1000.  But I guess not. So, where does one buy a skin for the mesh head???? When at "The Shops" they don't tell you either and no immediate online help to be had. 

These people make buying experiences a nightmare it appears. They could make it so much more simpler. It's as if they went out of their way to make it difficult.

I ran across all these complaint posts about TMP only AFTER I purchased. If I had before buying then I would had went with another company.

I feel for you. Some times we wish we could make a step back in time. It is really a user-hostile system. I can't type what I really feel here, would probably be removed.

Ok, I think I remember some now. I have not used this head since 2015. I think the appliers you bought is sorted under its skintone. So when you open the Style HUD, it is a tab there that's named "view all". Click on it and get up a lot of round buttons with different colors. Start counting from left to right, if you bought skin tone "10" you should count to button 10 and click on it. Hope this helps.

Marianne,

Thanks....I know all about that part. It's just not working for the head. I think it may have to do with a skin mesh. I bought a deluxe head at $5k and one would think for that price a skin would come with it. But no, it appears. It's sold separately they say but don't tell you how or where and I can't find any info online about this issue. So, here I am with a white head. I may have to change my name to "Powder".

Edited by Rhett Soulstar

OK....FINALLY. Here's the deal on the TMP mesh head. i.e. things they don't explain to you. 

1. YES....you must buy a head skin separately. That's right. The head does not come with skin.
2. You have to go into the other boutique and choose a FACE which is also the skin....they don't explain that.
3. You MUST BUY the face after you decide what skin tone you want your body and buy that same color. i.e. you must chose the same color. BECAUSE if you don't your head won't match your body. That's right....the head is not editable.
4. You MUST BUY a hair base also. If you don't then you won't be able to wear hair. When applying your hair do NOT click "wear". Your head will disappear. Click "add".

That's the basics about that. What a pain. If the would just explain these things at the store on a note card it would be most helpful and not an excruciatingly aggravating buying experience.

10 minutes ago, Rhett Soulstar said:

and not an excruciatingly aggravating buying experience

Bear in mind you are talking about a company that when they opened their store and first offered their 'free mesh body' decided the best way to make a store was to make every single surface in the place pure white, and glowing, with pastel shaded translucent signs in front of the glowing while structure, with a fixed landing point in one building where nothing was on sale, and you had to find the teleporter to the retail area, while half blind, and fighting weapons grade lag from the build (never mind the super weapons grade lag from the crowd of other half blind stumblers looking for the tp pad).

This is not a firm that has EVER cared about 'customer convienience' or 'customer satisfaction'.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Rhett Soulstar said:

OK....FINALLY. Here's the deal on the TMP mesh head. i.e. things they don't explain to you. 

1. YES....you must buy a head skin separately. That's right. The head does not come with skin.

That is true for all mesh heads and mesh bodies although most come with a few basic default skins you can use in an emergency and, even more important, most support the general Omega applier system so there's a huge selection to choose from.

TMP doesn't though, they have their own rather awkward applier system and very few clothes and skin creators bother with it these days.

4 hours ago, Rhett Soulstar said:

If they would just explain these things at the store on a note card it would be most helpful and not an excruciatingly aggravating buying experience.

i totally disagree... the one and only note they should give, should contain landmarks to stores where they sell non obsolete and absolutely unsupported mesh bodies.

The products look good, but now when Bento mesh heads cost 5000 or even less, the static heads is really not worth 5K. Plus that they should open up for Omega so people could go for one system.

But well, been asking them for a better system in years, they just don't care. The bodies look great and would still be something for men to use, but for women, it is so much that's made only for Maitreya now. I have TMP packed down in three inventories. But when I bought them, it was really no competition. It was TMP or default avatar, unless you liked Slink. Lucky for merchants that came after, people had enough of TMP and bought other bodies and heads.

If TMP opened up their system and had Bento, I could no see no reason to pack down their bodies and heads.

Edited by Marianne Little

11 hours ago, Klytyna said:

Bear in mind you are talking about a company that when they opened their store and first offered their 'free mesh body' decided the best way to make a store was to make every single surface in the place pure white, and glowing, with pastel shaded translucent signs in front of the glowing while structure, with a fixed landing point in one building where nothing was on sale, and you had to find the teleporter to the retail area, while half blind, and fighting weapons grade lag from the build (never mind the super weapons grade lag from the crowd of other half blind stumblers looking for the tp pad).

This is not a firm that has EVER cared about 'customer convienience' or 'customer satisfaction'.

This is why I never went back. The whole place said "Go away."

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ChinRey said:

TMP doesn't though, they have their own rather awkward applier system and very few clothes and skin creators bother with it these days.

And should they ever switch off their servers, the obsolete, non-bento, heads will be locked to how it looks that day.

(although, maybe there is some hidden DRM that could well turn the heads and bodies white, on that day too)

- Store an absolute eye-watering nightmare to navigate
- Completely proprietary system that's incompatible with every other system
- Can only buy via adding cash to their own payment system, in certain increments that can usually never be fully spent (because most things cost odd amounts), but you can't get that excess money back
- Only updated once (over two years ago) and still not Bento-compatible. Bento was promised in their last Facebook update... in December 2015.
- Basic body for women (L$2500) has an alpha HUD. Basic body for men does not; men have to buy the Deluxe body (L$5000) to get an alpha HUD
- Creators had to give their textures full-permission for inclusion in the Style HUD
- Everything hosted on their own servers, so that if/when those shut down all TMP bodies and heads will be rendered useless: at best stuck in the last skin/outfits used, at worst... who knows?
- Dev team rumoured to have split, so no future updates

What's not to love? ¬¬

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2539 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.