The Mesh Project Mesh Head- HELP!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2473 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So Ive spent the better part of the last two days trying to understadn the Mesh Project Mesh head... Ive already notecarded the owner of the skin ( Flore) and the actual help desk of the Mesh Project but haven't heard back. Has anyone set up their Ava using this system and wouldn't mind helping me out.

I am throughly confused and frustrated at this point.

Thanks!

Amiko Littlebird

I wonder what it is that you don't understand? Can you give some details?

The brand behind the Mesh Project has lost me as a customer months ago. Their shopping HUDs is way too complicated. Their payment system rigorous, their products very expensive, They don't work to update their skins with appliers for mesh hands, feet, breasts like almost all other skin creators do. Instead thay set up a overadvanced way of shopping and spend so much time on that. I can guess that user manuals are just as strange set up as their store and payment system. 

Frankly, I have not heard much positive things about these mesh heads. I would like to point out that there are other mesh heads out there. Who offer more flexibility, cost half as much and who work together with a wide range of skin creators.

I haven't bought it as you understand, but using Google turns up some not so favourable reviews.

Well maybe I should try a different company... Any suggestions? Im kinda new to all of this. My question is I want a dark skin tone, and so far all the mesh heads that ihave seen use fair skins.... would I be able to apply what ever skin base I want to the other mesh heads or like The mesh Project Head I need to use a specialized skin?

I agree with the person before me. They lost me as a customer weeks ago. I remember it took me a week to get the skin I spent 1000L on (which I would never do casually). They don't have any appliers, their little customer service account never answers you back, the best way to ask something is to rant on their facebook page even then it make takes weeks to get a respond back.  I know they don't mean harm but it can be frustrating.

If you don't want a mesh head and would like a really nice face for dark skinned avatar's, I would try glance or vive9.

Edit: So they don't have appliers, however they do have free mesh hands and feet that they made to match skin tones, which is alright for me if they fit slink shoes/gloves/accessories etc..

However no mesh brest appliers or hairbase or booty.

Nov 21, 2014 EDIT: Since people have decided to necro this old topic... I wanted to note that the lack of diversity I was complaining about way back when I posted the below... has been addressed by the people behind this product, and by at least 5 different third party skin developers.

While the head shapes are ALL still Anglo - the skins coming out have become quite diverse, so if you wear a mesh body but a system head - you can get there now.

Amiko Littlebird wrote:

My question is I want a dark skin tone, and so far all the mesh heads that ihave seen use fair skins....

Of course there is no racism or ethnic bias in SL. Non-whites like myself just need to 'get over being freaks' and we'll see that's a perfectly diverse all-white place.

I looked at that one at the skin fair and noticed the features where very ethnic: too Anglo. Didn't even bother looking past that. Oddly it had a series of heads on display, but they all looked ethnicly identical.

Other offerings look to be going for that same ethnic look: Anglo or get out.

Took ten years for a small amount of variety in skins. Check back in 2024 for the mesh heads I guess.

Hi,

You need to wear the stylemode hud - then click on the image of the mesh head in the HUD

a box comes up with skintone and styles .

Choose styles 

choose the little flower on the bottom of the list 

that should bring up the skin you purchased 

click on the skin and it is applied.

Best,

Jen

• 5 months later...

I know this is a little late, but I felt the need to chime in.

While I myself have some qualms about this company and their customer service, it seems to have gotten better with the release of their body. TheShops themselves has an alright selection of darker melanin skins. From a latte type colour to a dark chocolate. Pink Acid has a couple selections, (they only have 7 skin selections total for the mesh head), none are actually light enough for me. Deetalez has 5 selections, from an alabaster light to a deep tan. The Skinnery has 8 tones, from a peachy pale to an "onyx", again, not pale enough for me personally, but their skins have incredible detail and life to them.

While their own set prices are a little on the high side, it's not hard if you look around to find what you're looking for, being it extremely pale or richly dark. The majority of generic skin companies seem to hover in that latin and aribic red hued tanned area of skins.

• 2 months later...

yah well i give up, i've spent tons of money there, i buy the shorts or jeans, and can never get them into the style mode, just goes around and around. lost a few items that way... but here is the worst part.  this shows up alot, and i paid alot for this freakin body. just to have it copywrighted all over me? ....im ...

sooo over this ....

Noelle2014-11-21_063705.png

• 1 month later...

I have the body (which i love) and now the head.  In the pack there are two heads, one retrofit one not. There is no explanation of the difference and how to choose which one.  There is one alpha which says "for retrofit head only".  So i wear the non retrofit head and my SL head can be seen in  parts..so i wear the alpha with the retrofit head.  I still dont know the difference or why there are two heads.  To add insult to injury, the facial features cannot be changed with the sliders as can be done with the body.    This you dont find out until you've bought the head and cant change the pointy chin, the thick nose and the too thick morose looking lips.  You get absolutely nothing with the head for your 5k Lindens; not so much as a hairbase or one skin; oh sorry you get eyelashes that disappear as soon as theyre fitted cos theyre so thin.

So, ive spent 10k Lindens (and that's not counting the skin for body and head i had to buy) so far and there is no customer support that i can see.  Every notecard ends with "do not send support queries" or something like that.  You can never get to the sim cos its always full (what's with that?)...so what do you do when the thing wont work and theres no one you can ask?

Its a lot of money to be treated like a pest when you need help....I love the body so for now am persevering...but i need help with the head..the eyes are like slits...i look bored or angry.  Ridiculous.  Some help please creators!

Yeah you need to change the eye spacing setting, the mesh head requires them alot farther apart.  i think there are a few settings you can change for the head. not many. i bought one mesh head, was thinking of getting a another one, but i think i'm  going to wait til they have better options. hopefully more options to change the appearance more. 

there are also lot of skins out now for them in the marketplace. type 'mesh head'  in the search or tmp head.

Noelle

Well  my last comment got quite a few views but one reply..ok ..here goes....Ive just found another outfit purporting to have The Mesh Project Applier and it does....for the clothing.  The shoes however, are for Slink feet only!!  Why would it occur to me that the seller would include an applier for the clothes but not the shoes?  Why do that and if you must why not make it clear?

I just paid 5k for a body which has perfectly lovely feet ..why would i now go out and buy Slink feet which dont even fit the body and cant be edited?  wt....???

So now I can only wear half the outfit and I think I should only pay half the price in such instances.  Im sure a lot of you designers/sellers out there would have something to say about that and I should be delighted to hear from you.

Also from The Mesh Project designers about how i can make this face look awake with open eyes and also how I can make the mouth look less like I injected an overdose of collegen into them.. Fishlips doesnt begin to cover it!

• 1 month later...

There is a help desk but customer service ranges from mediocre to poor. I have 3 avs outfitted with full deluxe bodies and heads. Occasionaly, I have had problems in the shop having my purchase of credits added to my TMP account. I have had the problem fixed withing an hour (once) and today I was left without enough information to decide if it was even worth staying logged in. I had to be rude to the service rep to even get a response after 30 minutes of being asked if i had really made a purchase despite supplying the transaction number. I think I am done with TMP. 

• 7 months later...

Depending what you're trying to do, I'm sure someone can help you. I don't have a TMP head, myself, but there are those here who do. You can also try contacting TMP customer support inworld, but I've heard they're not very good. Might still be worth a try. Also try asking the Skin Addiction group - the people there are usually very friendly and helpful.

No, there is no way to get a refund. You bought it, you're stuck with it. Using it or not is up to you, but you won't get your money back.

dope Zepp wrote:

Do you think i should post complaint to Linden?

No. They won't do anything. It's buyer beware; even if the product simply didn't work, they wouldn't help you. They have nothing to do with TMP - just like every other product sold in SL, they're entirely independent from LL. 

• 5 months later...

There are several groups for The Mesh Project inworld the one I frequent is the Mesh Project Groupies or Mesh Addicts.  We post questions and we try to answer from our own experiences.  We are not affiliated with the The Mesh Project we are just users and share our own experiences and fixes that we have found along the way.  Perhaps if you having troubles with the TMP items please try one of the inworld Groups someone is always ready to assist and if not we all band together to help out. 

For all the nay sayers and negative feedback on this thread you are entitled to your opinion but it is not helpful to someone who has spent their rl money in lindens for a product they are having trouble with.  They came here and asked for help if you think telling them your negative feedback on the product is helpful it is not.  I am sure it is frustrating to the person wanting and asking for help to read it instead of the help they desire.  Make a blog and voice your negative thoughts there for people who want to read them but when someone ask for help they want help.

I am asking you to please just consider keeping your negative thoughts to yourself instead of making the person feel bad about what they have spent thousands of lindens on. 

If anyone needs help with their TMP body or Head I have had them since they first hit the market you are welcome to IM inworld if I don't answer here as I am not in this forum often.

• 1 year later...
11 minutes ago, Rhett Soulstar said:

How in GODS NAME do I change the head color??? It's white and cannot edit it. WHY???? $5000 Deluxe TMP head and you cannot edit it? I even bought a "style" for another $1000 and NOTHING.

you know there's a manual in the same folder as the head...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2473 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.