WANTED: Bodyguard

bluelacroix

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3873 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if this goes here or in employment.  I am new (~4 weeks) to SL and have learned a ton, but still know so little.  I think it would be extremely helpful to have someone as a personal advisor, providing counsel as needed, and to guide me in discovering new and interesting places.  We will jointly negotiate your rate.  You will be expected to answer all my beginner/intermediate type questions and provide your expert advise on subjects like building, land development, SL ettiquete, prims/sculpting/textures/editing, and places to go given my interests.  I am not looking for friendship, only help in basic-intermediate SL culture/features/etc.  I feel overwhelmed and have several in-game friends whose help I greatly appreciate but I feel I've become a burden to them and am seeking professional assistance.

Please, serious responses only, and please contact me directly.  Please don't offer if you haven't been a member in good standing of SL for a number of years.

Best regards,

Bleue

She said she had friends to help but felt she became a burden to them.  Reading her post it sounds like a lot of hours are going to be involved in helping her since she wants to learn about so many things and she wants someone available to her as much as possible.  If she wants that much coaching its only fair she pay someone.

Not sure why she posted in friends and then stated she wasn't interesting in making friends.

Personally I'm puzzled why she put bodyguard in the post title and then described a teacher.  They are two different things.  Really it would be very difficult for a body guard to do anything that she can't do her self, i.e. block mute ban, without breaking TOS.  They would run the risk of being AR'd, unless they were in a combat zone, and even then they'd have to follow the rules. 

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

Personally I'm puzzled why she put bodyguard in the post title and then described a teacher.  They are two different things.  Really it would be very difficult for a body guard to do anything that she can't do her self, i.e. block mute ban, without breaking TOS.  They would run the risk of being AR'd, unless they were in a combat zone, and even then they'd have to follow the rules. 

This.

Interesting post.  If it were me applying for the job, sounds like we would be talking hundreds  or thousands of US dollars for me to put the kind of time it sounds like you would be demanding to answer your questions not to mention all the hard earned knowledge it has taken me years to gather.   With the high demands you are making, sounds like a lot of patience would be required and for me I seroiusly doubt a friendship would take place.     This is my free time as well...your ad sounds pretty one sided to me.  Where is the fun in it for me?

It has taken me YEARS to learn what I have learned through asking my own questions and experimenting.  SL is not something you learn over night or even in a few months.  If you don't wish to be a burden on your friends, if  you are really interested in learning, have you tried reading up on the various wiki's?  Have you even read any of the information on the building portion of the forums? Have you tried to google some of your questions? Have you watched any of Torley Lindens highly valuable video tutorials on youtube? Are many good blogs and resources out their  if you just try GOOGLING your questions. Check out Builders Brewery's beginning building class which will teach you some of the basics of building.

Seriously, you might want to rethink your phrasing in your post.  Good luck, I hope you find someone to help you.

I think it will be pretty hard to find a person that is experianced and skilled in every possible topic of SL. Most people are experianced in maybe 1-3 things, but know nearly nothing besides that.

For example: Lets say you meet someone who owns a t-shirt store. He can tell you everything about running a shop and how do make textures...but he has no idea about scripting. And a person who is the nearly the god of scripting might be clueless about mesh. And then there is someone with a wide range of knowledge about social life and has a talent for explaining basic things, that others just do without thinking too much about it.

At the moment you are looking for: A person who knows EVERYTHING, who is patient and helpful and who has a lot of time to teach you very complex things. I doubt if such a person exists.

How about looking for different teachers? One for every topic you are interested in.

bluelacroix wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure if this goes here or in employment.  I am new (~4 weeks) to SL and have learned a ton, but still know so little.  I think it would be extremely helpful to have someone as a personal advisor, providing counsel as needed, and to guide me in discovering new and interesting places.  We will jointly negotiate your rate.  You will be expected to answer all my beginner/intermediate type questions and provide your expert advise on subjects like building, land development, SL ettiquete, prims/sculpting/textures/editing, and places to go given my interests.  I am not looking for friendship, only help in basic-intermediate SL culture/features/etc.  I feel overwhelmed and have several in-game friends whose help I greatly appreciate but I feel I've become a burden to them and am seeking professional assistance.

Please, serious responses only, and please contact me directly.  Please don't offer if you haven't been a member in good standing of SL for a number of years.

Best regards,

Bleue

My rate is 6000L an hour, non-negotiable.  Could you elaborate on "member in good standing" as we may have run into our first obstacle. 

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

She said she had friends to help but felt she became a burden to them.

This is why she needs to make more friends, explore the world, and maybe do a little research about things she's curious about.  OP, there are some things you're not going to learn overnight, even with someone showing you.   Sometimes you need to experiment for yourself.

Alicia Sautereau wrote:

l$106655 per week (
$400 * 257 (lindex cashout) +3.5% (lindex fee) + 257($1 paypal transfer fee)

You will recieve my full attention, but i will charge an extra l$35 per failed joke, l$67 per bad joke and l$99 per successful joke

Hi Alicia

why do you charge l$35 for a failed joke? And is this with LindeXfee and Paypal fee or without?

Do you charge this fee also for that joke?

oberon Zuta wrote:

Alicia Sautereau wrote:

l$106655 per week (
$400 * 257 (lindex cashout) +3.5% (lindex fee) + 257($1 paypal transfer fee)

You will recieve my full attention, but i will charge an extra l$35 per failed joke, l$67 per bad joke and l$99 per successful joke

Hi Alicia

why do you charge l$35 for a failed joke? And is this with LindeXfee and Paypal fee or without?

Do you charge this fee also for that joke?

Without as the fees are included in the babysitting salary

This one was a free example :matte-motes-wink-tongue:

Hello everyone!

Amethyst Jetaime
Alesium
Paprika Savira
Morgaine Christensen
Syo Emerald
Ima Rang
Alicia Sautereau
oberon Zuta

Thank you all for replying!  Wowsa!

Yep, I definetly shoulda put this in employment.  The "bodygaurd" thing was my hook, and it sure worked, but maybe not quite as I intended.  I figured once you read it what I was looking for would be pretty clear; sorry if I confused anyone.

Thank you for the mostly helpful advise, and the humour, that is always fun reading!   :matte-motes-little-laugh:

I will say I have spent many hours doing research, and I certainly don't expect to be an SL expert overnight.  Actually at this stage I'll bet my questions are really basic, and it would be easy for most anyone to answer, and pick up a few L$.

As to my inworld friends, yeah, I think I'd be annoyed if I was constantly pestered with noob questions, so I thought I'd see if I could find another resource, in addition to them, the FAQs, posting here, youtube, and googling, all of which I do all the time.

Your right Syo Emerald, I figured the ppl here with several years would know quite a bit but yes, there are some things I'm not interested, so I will never know, and the same I'm sure applies to everyone.  I will be more specific next time.

Ima Rang - hahaha, I love your response.  How much is 6000L$?  I think you are most definitely out of my price range, but thank you for making me smile.  :matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:

Alesium, yes, I do not expect to learn anything major quickly, i know it is going to be a long journey.  And yes, I am a member of NCI, that is a great resource, which I only just discovered a few days back, and it is fantabulous!

Alicia Sautereau, although your rate is a little less than Ima's, you're both just a little on the pricey side for my budget.

Morgaine Christensen, yes, sigh, I am re-thinking the wording in my post.  And thank you for the building tips - i will def add those resources to my list.  And i definitely agree with your sig, i have to do things to learn; i'm not good with theory.

Thank you all, and please don't forget to...

Have a grey8 SL Day!  :matte-motes-smile:

bluelacroix wrote:

Hello everyone!

Amethyst Jetaime

Alesium

Paprika Savira

Morgaine Christensen

Syo Emerald

Ima Rang

Alicia Sautereau

oberon Zuta

Yep, I definetly shoulda put this in employment.  The "bodygaurd" thing was my hook, and it sure worked, but maybe not quite as I intended.  I figured once you read it what I was looking for would be pretty clear; sorry if I confused anyone.

Thank you for the mostly helpful advise, and the humour, that is always fun reading!   :matte-motes-little-laugh:

I will say I have spent many hours doing research, and I certainly don't expect to be an SL expert overnight.  Actually at this stage I'll bet my questions are really basic, and it would be easy for most anyone to answer, and pick up a few L$.

As to my inworld friends, yeah, I think I'd be annoyed if I was constantly pestered with noob questions, so I thought I'd see if I could find another resource, in addition to them, the FAQs, posting here, youtube, and googling, all of which I do all the time.

Your right Syo Emerald, I figured the ppl here with several years would know quite a bit but yes, there are some things I'm not interested, so I will never know, and the same I'm sure applies to everyone.  I will be more specific next time.

Ima Rang - hahaha, I love your response.  How much is 6000L$?  I think you are most definitely out of my price range, but thank you for making me smile.  :matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:

Alesium, yes, I do not expect to learn anything major quickly, i know it is going to be a long journey.  And yes, I am a member of NCI, that is a great resource, which I only just discovered a few days back, and it is fantabulous!

Alicia Sautereau, although your rate is a little less than Ima's, you're both just a little on the pricey side for my budget.

Morgaine Christensen, yes, sigh, I am re-thinking the wording in my post.  And thank you for the building tips - i will def add those resources to my list.  And i definitely agree with your sig, i have to do things to learn; i'm not good with theory.

Yeah...but I would have not charged you for bad jokes!! 

LOL...fun thread.  I'm inworld in the evenings and I would not call myself an expert in anything, but if you have some basic questions, I'm happy to help if I can, for free :) IM me if you want. I'm usually on in the late afternoon/evenings.

Thanks Ima!  Wow, that's quite a price reduction, 6K L$ down to free, I'm liking the sound of that!

okay, i will fire a few of my consternations your way.

i really appreciate everyone's help here in SL-land.    :matte-motes-smile:

Bleue

bluelacroix wrote:

Hello everyone!

Amethyst Jetaime

Alesium

Paprika Savira

Morgaine Christensen

Syo Emerald

Ima Rang

Alicia Sautereau

oberon Zuta

you can message me as well. I have a few years experience in photoshop and know alittle animation and modelling (but in lightwave and 3dsmax don't really know blender to well) I also have skill in webpage deisgn (never know when you might need that lolz) I like to make clothing most... I don't know scripting in sl though. but if you have qestions related to those things I do know feel free to ask me.:)

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

Personally I'm puzzled why she put bodyguard in the post title and then described a
teacher.

Or a personal assistant. I can't even fathom how may hours someone would have to spend with this person even just to accomplish 3 things off her list.

I had one of those when I began SL (well 6 months later) but he was called my partner. :matte-motes-big-grin:  We actually began SL about the same time but he caught on to the more technical aspects of SL more quickly and helped me understand confusing concepts like the difference between mainland and Estates and why some Estates "sold" land that was really renting.  He was a great bodyguard as we were pretty much joined at the hip.

We did a lot of exploring SL together and learned the more social aspects of SL as a team.  His ummmmm "salary" was also enjoyable. :matte-motes-bashful-cute:

You still have a bodyguard. I work from the shadows.

/me lunges from a shadowy corner, looping a silken cord about the assassins throat. He drags the body back into the shadows, where if one listens carefully, you can hear  the sickening crunch of a broken trachea and spine. Chuckling softly he whispers "That's six so far today."

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

You still have a bodyguard. I work from the shadows.

/me lunges from a shadowy corner, looping a silken cord about the assassins throat. He drags the body back into the shadows, where if one listens carefully, you can hear  the sickening crunch of a broken trachea and spine. Chuckling softly he whispers "That's six so far today."

I didn't want to mention my current personal bodyguard in this thread, not knowing the OP and never knowing who could be a spy. *Shivers slightly not having realized an assassin had been so near.*  It is comforting to know that you are always nearby. *Smiles*

*Curtsies*  My thanks for keeping me safe.  *Hands you a bag of gold and whispers something in your ear*

• 3 months later...

Alicia Sautereau wrote:

bobulochycork wrote:

Im willing to help in any way i can, no need to pay me, its something i do normaly anyway, any question u need answered if i cant answer it right away i will find the answer for u

With your speed, I think the op already passed away.

A pall-bearer is just a bodyguard who got there late?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3873 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.