A Question on Polyamory/multiple partners added to the profile

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2573 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Howdy, I am in a sort of predicament. Well not really but some might see it as such. My wife of 3 years going on 4 has gone and found herself a wife and I consented to her marriage of her new wife yet my wife doesn't want to un partner me , (thank you baby, love you lots.) but I think it would be nice if she could put her new wife's name next to mine or even in it's own box. Would any consideration to adding a second partner box to our profiles be okay?

No, can't be done. Linden Lab provides the facility to have one partner displayed, which may or may not be a marriage. There is no way to add a second partner. She will have to do that using display names or by adding comments on her Profile.

There is nothing to stop any Resident suggesting new features to Linden Lab and she could suggest that it adds multiple partners as a new viewer feature for everyone but I can't really see that going anywhere.

Venus Petrov wrote:

Second..or third..OK, the capacity to add more than one partner has been requested but I do not see it going anywhere given that the number of avatars with mulitple partners must be (I am guessing) a very small population.

I don't know about that...LL charges $10L to partner and $25L to unpartner...think of the untapped market! :matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

• Like 1

Christin73 wrote:

Do people realy pay attention to the partner box? Seems like dispite having a partner I still get hit on. Yes like they say just write it in your SL bio.

Thats because the most awful people don't open profiles at all. Thats why they always ask for things already mentioned in profiles. Like for RL Informations without taking a look into the RL tap at all. I could write there I'm a 55 year old fat truck-driver and put a fake photo in it...and I would still get hit on.

Same goes for partners, preferences, gender etc.

Christin73 wrote:

Do people realy pay attention to the partner box? Seems like dispite having a partner I still get hit on. Yes like they say just write it in your SL bio.

i had a bad experience with it one time..but that was years ago..not anymore though..

a freind asked me to partner her..we both worked at this club a few years back..she thought it would stop people from htting on her..

it may have helped her some ..but it didn't help me at all..

i had IM's stacked up already because of being the HM of this club..

but once people seen i was partnered..they started to IM me and getting all flirty..

i mean i had people kidding around flirty..

but this was kind of different..

i think maybe because i was partnered to a girl..

so after a couple of days..i had to tell her it was  adding too much  to my IM's..

i was already getting so many that  i was froze to the ground the moment i logged on..

i remember logging out hours later standing in the same exact spot that i logged in..night after night..

i used to think it was that people loved to test relationships and things like that..that or it was like a forbidden fruit kind of thing..

but i've been partnered to my RL husbands char now for over a year and really i never get bothered..even when i go into clubs by myself..

so who knows really hehehehe

The sanctity of partnership is between one avatar and another, not between 4 or 5.. THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!! Pretty soon you will have people partnering their meeroos.

It would be a disaster of biblical proportions. Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes! The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

I'm sorry.. i channeled Peter Venkman for a second there...

Don't ever channel Peter Venkmann again.

Wait.

Don't you EVER channel Peter Venkmann again!

Wait.

Please don't ever channel Peter Venkmann again.

Wait.

Please, as a favor to your fellow forumites, please don't ever channel Peter Venkmann again. Pretty please?

Hopefully one of the above will work.

Damn! I just realized you'd used the right given name! For some reason I was thinking you were channeling that Justice League SL nitwit with the same last name as the doctor, probably because of the things you said (in jest). I do apologize. Dr. Venkman is, has been, and will be one of my most respected authorities on what is in the refrigerator.

Ghosts_002.jpg

The doctor interrupted in the MIDDLE of something.

ETA I would have fallen down laughing at the 'Back off man' comment had I not been in a chair.

Edited a second time to add a 't'

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

so who knows really hehehehe

*raises his hand real high and says, "Ooh ooh ooh!" like Horshack*  I know... it's because most straight guys see a lesbian pairing and automatically think, "I wanna get in on that sh*t."

...Dres  (Does that help?)

actually it seemed to be more women than men IMing..

from what i remember..the men seemed to be a bit more curious and kind of beat around the bush..

the women were a lot more up front and forward..

i remember even women couples IMing me and my friend hehehehe

it was a very busy club..so i'm sure the traffic we had had a lot to do with getting so many of them IMing..

• 1 year later...

Concur, Venus.
I think there are many multiple 'partners' who just don't want to push the issue with formalities when the Linden Formalities.

I had to laugh, I know of one couple each of whom has three distinct "ALT" personas, where both partners know fully. So is that a 6bt6 Polyamory?

I think the real key in SL is to build SL Corporations as a combined buisness and familial Polyamory.

There are more than just a few.

My Alt just came out of a 3by3 somewhat violently, and they didn't know about me.

I'm a fan of Heinleins "Stranger in a Strange Land" way muchy more than John Norman & GOR, of whom I'd never heard until I got inTO sl.

I appreciate greatly the honor of two SL people "Partner"ing, Just as in the real world there is a legal component and a religious/theological/philosophical component.

I'm interested in peer-to-peer polyamory.

All due respect to the Lindens I think I'd rather set up a corporate legal structure with our own polyamorous Wedding Cerimonies and then virtually ignore Linden Partnering.

Oh, I broke ribs.

AnswerL Nothing,

Reason is the same as the one "Whats going to stop someone stepping ou of the airlock on space station Omega for a smoke? Nothing, this IS sl.

SL mirrors the real world. I've already seen a case where a woman maried a scenic bridge and a man married an old giant tree.

Please, oh please don't ask me how their wedding nights went, I'm already under doctors care for broken ribs, and I'm trying desperately to keep this a PG conversation.

• 2 years later...

I am in a poly relationship as well and would love to see multiple partner boxes on the profile, why is it only one? why should I have to choose ? I am currently partnered to one man but the other two parts of our relationship are there as well and deserve the recognition of being my partner as much as the first. I know many people some poly some not that agree there should be the option of multiple partners.

33 minutes ago, Saphera Jansma said:

I am in a poly relationship as well and would love to see multiple partner boxes on the profile, why is it only one? why should I have to choose ? I am currently partnered to one man but the other two parts of our relationship are there as well and deserve the recognition of being my partner as much as the first. I know many people some poly some not that agree there should be the option of multiple partners.

don't use the partner box but make a pick, next to that it would be a lot easier to create a new topic instead one that's from 2013/2015

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1

On 12.4.2013 at 6:57 PM, Griffin Ceawlin said:

But... but... if we redefine "partnership"... what's to stop someone from partnering with their virtual pet? *rolls eyes*

A friend of mine who is a clothes designer partnered her pose stand because that was what she spent most of her time with. She had to create an account for it of course but that was easily done.

Edit: Woops! Sorry, Alwin, I didn't notice this was a nekro thread.

Edited by ChinRey
Edit
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2573 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.