I can't read or agree to the term of service

pattieli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2347 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I downloaded Second Life and, when I try to log in, a terms of service box pops up. The box is blank and it won't allow me to click 'I agree to terms of service." The only option is to click cancel which brings up another box stating that I need to agree to terms of service before I can continue.

From looking through the questions and answers, it seems like the last time someone had this issue was in 2010 and the solution is no longer applicable since Version 1.23 is no longer available for download. =/

16 answers to this question

Yeah, but you can use ANY other viewer.  Try Firestorm.  Once you have accepted the TOS with any viewer, you never have to do it again, so you can go back to using V3 or whatever other viewer you choose. 

That TOS page has had a random bug as long as I have been in SL, but it screws up so rarely that my guess is the techies can't find the bug.

28 minutes ago, Aryana Claremont said:

I am also having this problem. The terms and conditions window is not coming up on my web browser so it will still be a problem. So essentially I cannot use Second Life.

Read the posts above your comment - your answer is there.  Or log into the Marketplace or your web feed/profile.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Aryana Claremont said:

I am also having this problem. The terms and conditions window is not coming up on my web browser so it will still be a problem. So essentially I cannot use Second Life.

Hi Aryana,

Unfortunately, this is usually caused by a pop up blocker on your browser. 

If the Terms of Service window is not showing up on any of the Second Life web sites, you can try downloading one of the beta SL viewers to see if you can get the ToS window to pop up when you log in world.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Alternate_Viewers

Once you are able to accept the Terms of Service in the viewer, it should propagate across all SL web sites as well. 

• Like 2

On 8/15/2017 at 8:28 PM, Aryana Claremont said:

Well... that is true if you give up easily.

If you are seeing the ToS accept fail in multiple viewers and web browsers, it is something in your computer.

If reading all of this thread is too much or turning off your ad-blocker, anti-virus, or whatever is too technical for you then SL is probably not for you. 

• Like 2

Why can't I find the terms of service by doing a search.  Also, the wiki are impossible to find as well.  These are good tools rather than making people sort through literal thousands of comments in a forum.  The Terms of Service should be a button on the SL.com login page.  The Wiki should pop up in the help search.  I can find either. Add to that I had to make a support case just to get the bento skeleton because that can't be found in search.  Seriously these things need to be fixed.

3 hours ago, Molokai Sharkfin said:

Why can't I find the terms of service by doing a search.  Also, the wiki are impossible to find as well.  These are good tools rather than making people sort through literal thousands of comments in a forum.  The Terms of Service should be a button on the SL.com login page.  The Wiki should pop up in the help search.  I can find either. Add to that I had to make a support case just to get the bento skeleton because that can't be found in search.  Seriously these things need to be fixed.

the TOS are in the guidelines, and thats on every page in the forums... and guess what?... you are in the WIKI when you click that link... so you have everything you ask for.

If you need special things as a the bento bones, what's the real trouble asking for it?

10 hours ago, Molokai Sharkfin said:

Why can't I find the terms of service by doing a search.

10 hours ago, Molokai Sharkfin said:

The Terms of Service should be a button on the SL.com login page.

How about right at the bottom of the page that you are already on?

1ae745880c1693e2a67fc45e7120d439.png

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Molokai Sharkfin said:

The real trouble is that the expectation is finding the bones should be a piece of cake.  To write a letter to support and wait a day for an answer is a break in momentum.  Which is a component in creative people.

the bento bones are available since the trial started for TWO years now... ( ok ok...minus 2 weeks....)

you'r just trying to get excuses that you didn't do it earlier.

25 minutes ago, Molokai Sharkfin said:

I would like to see links to the wiki that are plain simple and easy to fine.

they are, you just didn't look for it.

On 11/19/2017 at 10:44 AM, Molokai Sharkfin said:

Ya I saw that after posting and had shut the page, so didn't come back to it.  Luckily your reply showed up in e-mail so was easier to come back to it.

You can edit a post for about an hour. You can find your posts by clicking on your name/ID in the upper right of these pages and clicking PROFILE.

If you need special things as a the bento bones, what's the real trouble asking for it?

The real trouble is that the expectation is finding the bones should be a piece of cake.  To write a letter to support and wait a day for an answer is a break in momentum.  Which is a component in creative people.  When they are on a roll, they want to keep rolling.  I would like to see links to the wiki that are plain simple and easy to fine.  If it is an impossible dream then so be it.  However the terms of service should take me there.

42 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

the bento bones are available since the trial started for TWO years now... ( ok ok...minus 2 weeks....)

you'r just trying to get excuses that you didn't do it earlier.

they are, you just didn't look for it.

That was kinda rude.  I did look earlier and got a reply back from the lindens ((LL)) with the links directly to the skeleton a while ago.  You are missing the point. The search should take one directly to the wiki the way it was in the old days.  I don't want to sort through a bunch of blogs to get to the point.  And even if those were excuses, so what.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2347 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.