Spyware in Real Life );

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4306 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2187602/U-S-Government-secretly-spying-using-civilian-security-cameras-say-Wikileaks.html

For those concerned about Spyware in Second Life, think about it in Real Life... What will come next ;)

http://www.itnews.com.au/News/311740,wikileaks-suffers-massive-ddos-attack.aspx Cant stop the free flow of information buddy ;)...

I was a little bit freaked out when Google Earth got quite so close in to where I was living; but my civil service friend was outraged. 

But I don't think it is beyond the realms of possibility that we will all be microchipped from birth, so that the Government knows exactly where we are and who we are with at all times, and where we shop/eat/work.

Frightening thought !

:matte-motes-shocked:

i have long said that the "freedom" that Americans hold so dear is a fantasy. they are THE most watched and recorded people of all time, and the government in its paranoia has been documenting her peoples movements since the second world war. when the terrorist movement has died down, she will use the tech to control her people. America also brings all this terror on itself by trying to manipulate governments of other countries, changing governments that will let them rape their resources just so they can bring well priced items to their people and make lots o profit doing it.. if america minded its own business, the fascists would have no xhairs aimed at it. The bible says " an house divided against itself cannot stand" and " take the log from you own eye before you point out the splinter in someone else's"

Echo Hermit wrote:

But I don't think it is beyond the realms of possibility that we will all be microchipped from birth, so that the Government knows exactly where we are and who we are with at all times, and where we shop/eat/work.

Frightening thought !

Those microchips are allready there, in our phones lol

It is said that its to find them easier if you loose them, same as cars and other stuff. But if you do nothing wrong then its fine, right?

Tamara Artis wrote:

Echo Hermit wrote:

Frightening thought !

Those microchips are allready there, in our phones lol

It is said that its to find them easier if you loose them, same as cars and other stuff. But if you do nothing wrong then its fine, right?

I'm not against being microchipped, if I'm honest. And in the cases of children that go missing, how useful it would be to be able to locate them because they were microchipped - like our beloved pets!

Echo Hermit wrote:

I'm not against being microchipped, if I'm honest. And in the cases of children that go missing, how useful it would be to be able to locate them because they were microchipped - like our beloved pets!

umm! nah! like you wont be able to wag school or smoke behind the shed or nothing

but if you do get a microchip in you then you dont have to get out of bed to turn off the light. can just wiggle your head at it

16 wrote:

Echo Hermit wrote:

umm! nah! like you wont be able to wag school or smoke behind the shed or nothing

but if you do get a microchip in you then you dont have to get out of bed to turn off the light. can just wiggle your head at it

Or a simple nose twitch. I knew they were up to something a long time ago. :)

As an added note, In the past 3 to 4 years people have discovered police in the USA putting GPS tracking devices on their vehicles without warrants. http://phys.org/news/2011-11-supreme-court-warrantless-gps-tracking.html

It was just barely rulled last year or at the first of this year, that is was illegal

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/01/24/us-usa-police-gps-idUSTRE80M1E120120124

No telling how many peole they have tracked... Big brother is trying hard to snoop into everything you do... Sheltered lives is what they want lol

The UK has more spy cameras than any other nation tho lol only 1.85 million

One studay says 4.5 million

The claim

"A CCTV camera for every 14 citizens."
David Davis, resignation statement, 12 June 2008

You would need an army alone just to wantch the freakin cameras

Every time a brain cell "thinks" it not only sends a  electric signal it sends a audible sound,a series of clicks this is how the new motorized prosthetics know to move with thought Sure atm we need to  have a small microphone simply making contact with only the skin on the scull.

So what happens when microphones do not need to make contact and can distinguish which person it is pointed at using a simple snapshot and facebook /net & public records image scanner (which already already exist ) and we just read every ones mind as they walk by...

In all honesty with the real numbers of the citizenry armed in the US out numbering armed forces.

The fact if you tell 99% of our armed forces to try to take capture of our people and try force us to do anything to one and other your going to get some push back...

Armies are people too...trust me I was in one..

The college money amount was a lie..

The pay was a lie..

The work load was x3 ...

Men making 2000,000 base pay to eat lunch together  and then fight in suits in congressional boardroom...agaist stupid things no one  cares about but a small voting base ...

Do you think the goverment going to force them to do anything they do not feel like doing(our armed forces)..

kind of like capuring our own families and installing chips in them to "watch them" ..

That alone is more of a tall tail then some of  the paranoia people spin when  big brother is brought up..

It's completely hilarious to see or hear people complaining about being spied on or having their privacy violated.   All while  using Google products and services and posting the most minute and inane bits of personal information on twittard and facekook.  

And you won't vote for pols who actually care about insuring personal freedoms and liberties, because they aren't the ones promising everybody free stuff and playing at class warfare.   Less freebies equals more freedom.  

Personal freedoms come at the cost of taking responsibility for yourself and cutting the gov out of your life.   If you want to be a leech, then line up for your chip.  You deserve it.

wiked Anton wrote:

i have long said that the "freedom" that
Americans
hold so dear is a fantasy.
they are THE most watched and recorded people of all time,
and the government in its paranoia has been documenting her peoples movements since the second world war.

So, your sources for this information?    Oh..right...you don't have any because you're spouting BS. 

The most watched people in the world (by their own government) are probably China, Iran and maybe now Syria since they have the civil war going on.  

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2012-04/25/web-surveillance-around-the-world

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_censorship_by_country#Under_surveillance

Oh, the UK ranks pretty high:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6108496.stm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1533054/Britain-the-most-spied-on-nation-in-the-world.html

Canada:

http://yro.slashdot.org/story/12/05/22/1933209/canadian-telcos-secretly-supporting-internet-surveillance-legislation

wiked Anton wrote:

when the terrorist movement has died down, she will use the tech to control her people. America also brings all this terror on itself by trying to manipulate governments of other countries, changing governments that will let them rape their resources just so they can bring well priced items to their people and make lots o profit doing it..

First, even trying to "control" the American people is a joke.  Hell, we can't even agree on minor things, let alone organize massive control over our population.  

Second, ALL governments try to manipulate other countries to their own best interests.  That is the history of the world.  Some are just better at it. 

Third, you're confusing private businesses and government.  You do know they are two different things...right?  

wiked Anton wrote:

if america minded its own business, the fascists would have no xhairs aimed at it.

Ok, here you're just being a clueless **bleep** by calling the US fascists.   Get yourself a dictionary or an encyclopaedia and learn what the word "fascist" actually means.  *rolls eyes* 

wiked Anton wrote:

The bible says " an house divided against itself cannot stand" and " take the log from you own eye before you point out the splinter in someone else's"

You're quoting the bible?!  LOL 

Fear not! there has been a solution for ages now.

Developed long before modern technology, specifically to counter such an impost on your

personal life -> THIS is your only hope :matte-motes-big-grin:.

Practice often and be safe in the knowledge no fancy spy camera or facial recognition gizmo can recognise you.

Dilbert Dilweg wrote:

16 wrote:

Echo Hermit wrote:

Or a simple nose twitch. I knew they were up to something a long time ago.
:)

Ohhh I do miss Bewitched. :matte-motes-big-grin:

@ 16 I sleep with the light on (because I fall asleep reading a book usually), but had a thought, what if that microchip also had a microphone in it and a little video camera (s'pose it'd have to be in the front of the neck then rather than the back as is the norm with cats and dogs), and an automatic app to post to Facebook and ...

..... and I really don't wanna go there

And to the super-serious people in this thread, as with any surveillance, be it Government/Police-led, or just the nosy neighbour twitching their curtains, they'd probably miss the most important bits anyway, like the plan to hit the Twin Towers, or that little tree climbing urchin who just happened to steal the door keys during that couple of minutes Mrs Nosy-Nextdoor was afc (away from curtain).

Maryanne Solo wrote:

Fear not! there has been a solution for ages now.

Developed long before modern technology, specifically to counter such an impost on your

personal life ->
is your only hope :matte-motes-big-grin:.

Practice often and be safe in the knowledge no fancy spy camera or facial recognition gizmo can recognise you.

That's what happens when the wind changes direction!

I'll stick with my false nose and false teeth (although the moustache and beard are quite real ! :matte-motes-sour:    )

wiked Anton wrote:

i have long said that the "freedom" that Americans hold so dear is a fantasy. they are THE most watched and recorded people of all time, and the government in its paranoia has been documenting her peoples movements since the second world war. when the terrorist movement has died down, she will use the tech to control her people. America also brings all this terror on itself by trying to manipulate governments of other countries, changing governments that will let them rape their resources just so they can bring well priced items to their people and make lots o profit doing it.. if america minded its own business, the fascists would have no xhairs aimed at it. The bible says " an house divided against itself cannot stand" and " take the log from you own eye before you point out the splinter in someone else's"

A clueless rant unsupported by anything substancial.  Perhaps you should stop using Yahoo as your news source.  

Echo Hermit wrote:

I was a little bit freaked out when Google Earth got quite so close in to where I was living; but my civil service friend was outraged. 

Frightening thought !

he was outraged but he (or his employer) does the same thing and worse...

As to those chips, the main reason they're not yet used is that the powersources don't last a human lifetime. The best can be done in a decent size package is a few decades (think pacemakers).

The UK and I think other countries are already running pilot programs where inmates in retirement homes get the things installed in their (single pair of) shoes (and are of course not allowed to go barefoot at any time).

jwenting wrote:

Echo Hermit wrote:

Frightening thought !

As to those chips, the main reason they're not yet used is that the powersources don't last a human lifetime. The best can be done in a decent size package is a few decades (think pacemakers).

The UK and I think other countries are already running pilot programs where inmates in retirement homes get the things installed in their (single pair of) shoes (and are of course not allowed to go barefoot at any time).

Inmates in Retirement Homes?

Damn, I was wondering how i was going to support myself when I retired.  I need to move there and commit a crime.  What a country that they even allow criminals to retire.

And just think of all the fun we could have swapping shoes. Mass comedy!

Perrie Juran wrote:

jwenting wrote:

Echo Hermit wrote:

Frightening thought !

Inmates in Retirement Homes?

Damn, I was wondering how i was going to support myself when I retired.  I need to move there and commit a crime.  What a country that they even allow criminals to retire.

And just think of all the fun we could have swapping shoes. Mass comedy!

Double kudos for you, Perrie :matte-motes-big-grin-squint:

I think if they tried it in the UK they'd try it in prisons first. Maybe jwenting just got confused, because UK prisons are so cushy they are the standards that we'd desire retirement homes to be, and certainly a whole lot cleaner.

Echo Hermit wrote:

think if they tried it in the UK they'd try it in prisons first. Maybe jwenting just got confused, because UK prisons are so cushy they are the standards that we'd desire retirement homes to be, and certainly a whole lot cleaner.

Nevertheless, I think my retirement planning will still include a retirement home if necessary rather than a prison, unless there's a prison you'd particularly recommend.

Innula Zenovka wrote:

Echo Hermit wrote:

think if they tried it in the UK they'd try it in prisons first. Maybe jwenting just got confused, because UK prisons are so cushy they are the standards that we'd desire retirement homes to be, and certainly a whole lot cleaner.

Nevertheless, I think my retirement planning will still include a retirement home if necessary rather than a prison, unless there's a prison you'd particularly recommend.

As for myself, I was hoping to live happily ever after in Second Life.

But now that they are allowing conjugal visits in many prisons, i may be able to tolerate that instead.

But if I were to choose a prison I think it would be this one.

I considered your response carefully, and I am concerned to find that there is neither a prison nor a retirement home in my locality that I could truly recommend.  :matte-motes-frown:

When I retire, I would like to be able to remain as independent as possible, and live somewhere on a gated community where there are activities to join and a warden/caretaker/doctor/shop close by, should I need any of these services. Easy living.

Surveillance in RL is nothing new. We recently purchased a company with locations in major metropolitan areas. At every single location they had a good dozen security cameras. Most were to control their employees. Some on the outside were for the local police department.

The previous owners claimed that honest people had nothing to hide. They changed their tune when I promptly published their email account contents to our employees. Business email = business property... and as they said, honest people have nothing to hide, right?

Funny how things change when one demands to monitor the surveillers.

They know everything?

Here are two stories about that -

When I got my car insurance, the company knew the cars at my house just by the address. Anyways I bought a policy. YET a few weeks later they wanted proof that I had lived here over a year. I pointed that out - I said how come they knew what kind of cars we had yet didn't know how long I lived here.

Car wreck - my room mate had got in a car wreck. Police took report and she had to file an insurance claim. Anyways we get a letter from the motor vehicle department saying they needed proof she had insurance when she got in the wreck. Of course she did. Shouldn't the G.D. motor vehicle dept already know this?

So one of a few things -

Either they do know a lot but only use that info when it benefits them but then play stupid when it would benefit YOU.

Or, maybe they don't know as much as they act like but tell everyone they do, kind of like telling a kid that santa is watching.

I honestly thing the only time they know things is when it helps them. I mean otherwise why would they want proof of crap?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4306 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.