Porky Gorky

My profits are in the crapper

[ Edited ]

I've kept sales records for all my business Av's since I started trading in June 2005. Over the years all that data has gone into a database. So I ran a report today, out of interest, to find out what item had sold the most copies in my time trading here. Having released hundreds of prefab houses, thousands of landscaping items and textures plus lots of other random content I felt really let down when I discovered that my best selling item is a Toilet! 

7 and a half years of working in SL and I will be best remembered for a toilet...and it's not even a very good toilet.

So I was wondering what other people's best selling product was/is. By this I mean the quantity sold, not the value earned. Freebies not included. 

Brown Trim Toilet.jpg

Pamela Galli

Re: My profits are in the crapper

Reply to Porky Gorky - view message

Au contraire, it is quite a nice toilet. You make houses? Who knew?

Pamela Galli

Reply to Pamela Galli - view message

Just kidding

Alicia Sautereau

[ Edited ]

Thankfully i didn`t flush my money down your toilet! 

Can come up with a few dozen jokes right now, lol

ps; if this appears rude, reread with some humor, spent a few K`s in Porky`s shop :smileywink:

Porky Gorky

Reply to Alicia Sautereau - view message

Maybe I should delete my business, wipe the slate clean and start from the bottom again.

:matte-motes-sarcasm:

Rolig Loon

I've made and sold all sorts of things for the past 5 years: clothing, buildings, scripted tools, .....  I am more proud of some creations than others,  and I'm always disappointed when one of my favorites doesn't seem to catch on.  My best seller, though, is a nightie that I made on a whim and have sold in two styles and two colors. Not my personal favorite, but it sells like crazy.

Simple Secrets.png

Not as dumb as I look
Alicia Sautereau

I lol`led with no chance of a come back :matte-motes-big-grin-squint:

Emma Krokus

Too funny!!

Mine's the Little Tree Garden - didn't do well at all to start with but in the last 6 months has sold big time...

little tree.png

Pamela Galli

[ Edited ]

Reply to Emma Krokus - view message

This little cottage I threw together as an afterthought (from pieces of a larger house) stays on my bestseller list.

ROSEBUD COTTAGE BOXEDPIC.jpg

mtwtfss71

I have three markets (mannequins, clothing, and pets) that all compete for sales. Your post made me laugh so I ran a check for my overall top seller from each one. These are my all time top sellers:

Mesh Female Mannequin v2 - Pose 02.pngHigh-waisted Pantsuit in Black Shimmer.pngMalakai II.jpg

It's funny because the three products all are within 10 sales of each other right now.

Marketplace Store: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/85278