Offline IMs no longer going to email?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3351 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Most often this is user error - it's related to spam or content control settings in your Email system.

If you use a managed Email provider (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo!, Hotmail/Outlook.com) you should check their settings and capabilities for receiving mail from im.agni.lindenlab.com addresses. You could also consider adding this information to the thread, as there's currently no useful information in your post for people trying to run diagnosis.

You should also check any spam folders.

I've been having intermittent cut-offs, too. For three days last week I got nothing at all, then Thursday or Friday it was back to business as usual, then yesterday it shut off again. All of this without me changing anything in any settings anywhere (I did confirm that my offlines were set to go to email).

I use Yahoo, and under normal circumstances most of my offlines go to Spam. I don't bother fixing that. Since there's usually nothing in Spam except SL stuff anyway, I just treat it as a second inbox. I tend to suspect Yahoo as the problem but it's not a showstopper for me.

I am so relieved to hear it isn't just me, and I don't have to re-install Windows/start using the V3 viewer/speak to my modem supplier/re-install TCPIP/more of the unusual suspects... Or even humiliate myself by posting details of the antiquated machines I run SL on here in the carrot-crunching sticks :)

So I guess this is where I have to make a bot then  try and teach one of the cats to watch the screen and come fetch me when an IM comes in.

I am having this same issue which began for me on Friday, January 30th - since that date about 80% of my offlines to email are not arriving at all. And I receive daily IMs and notecards while I am offline as a regular part of my sale business. I have used the same (updated) devices and email for years with only rare interruptions which I could track down through SL. But this time I can't find any explanation for the problem.  I have double checked all my preference settings and even account settings which have not changed - I am and have been completely setup to receive offline emails.

Strangely enough, this also includes logs from my subscriber system and submission system that get regularly emailed to the same address. These logs get sent whether I am online or not - these logs are automatic, sent throughout the day every day and directly sent to my email. Only 20% (or less) of my messages that are supposed to be delivered to me by email from SL are going to my email address at yahoo.

For whatever reason, it seems the emails are not actually being generated and sent from SL. I have checked the devices and even flushed the logs to make sure there were no errors in SL. The local chat whispers are telling me that everything is being sent to the same address I have used for years and what is being sent but nothing ever arrives in my email. This is not a spam or filter issue as my email address has been receiving these SL related emails for years. And I am still receiving some of the emails but definately not all. My alts are receiving emailed offlines as normal.

Has anyone had any luck with a support ticket?

Whirly, the JIRA was just closed by Caleb Linden as unactionable with the comment that we need to contact our email provider (yahoo, in this case) to get it corrected.  The problem with that is that LINDEN LAB needs to contact Yahoo, not the residents (us) since they are the "senders" of the email to us.  They need to request that their address be whitelisted.  I don't think there is anything we, as users of SL, can do.  If there is, we need more specific information about how and what to communcate to Yahoo (or other email providers that are blocking SL offline messages).  Since the JIRA is closed now, we cannot add comments asking for clarification. 

Can you reopen the JIRA so we can comment?

Thank you very much, Whirly.

I just added this comment to the JIRA:

"Thank you for re-opening this for comment. When I saw Caleb's comment that we need to contact our email provider (i.e., Yahoo), I followed the link he provided to do that. However, since the SL residents are the recipients of the emails and Linden Lab is the sender, Linden Lab needs to file a "Bulk Sender requesting whitelist status" application with Yahoo to get the email address (im.agni.lindenlab.com) removed from their spam filters. Residents cannot do this. Yes, I filed a support ticket with Yahoo to request it from my end, but my understanding of the information is that the request needs to come from the Sender/LL. "

Ive had an issue...maybe two weeks. Im with gmail.

Only yesterday did I check in my prefences and found the box  was unticked (to email messages when offline).

Ticked AGAIN (I didnt untick or even update firestorm previously so dont know what happened there!).

Got friend to send message and all working fine again. 

• 2 weeks later...

Bump -- today I notice that my Messsage on Rez emails have stopped -- only one since 6 am.  These are very important since they confirm not only delivery but that the box contents were not only copied to inventory but rezzed inworld. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3351 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.