Mesh Upload Error: MAV_BLOCK_MISSING

Milla Michinaga

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 717 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I know this is a very late response but it might help people still encountering this problem. I think it has something to do with how SL calculates the vertex information when formulating the LODs.  When I change the numbers in the LOD boxes in the uploader, it can clear up the problem.  Try that.  If you are dealing with rigged mesh, you can throw your mid and lowest LODs to zero and it won't affect how the mesh looks when worn.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Since this old thread came up again:

JackRipper666 wrote:

For medium I put 0 and also for Lowest put to 0. Low and High I use the dae file but selected use LOD above option for Low.

Don't even think about doing something like that!

That was written more than two years ago back when nobody really knew how to make mesh. Today we know better, the quality level is much higher and mesh that looks like s**t when viewed at a few meters distance simply isn't acceptable anymore.

You can't really except the uploader to create good LOD models but if you don't feel confident enough in your meshing skills to make them yourself (it's not that hard really), at least err on the right side. Turn the settings in the uploader up rather than down and accept the increased land impact rather than ruining the look of your great mesh with poor LOD.

As for fixing the MAV Block Missing error, as Pamela said, it seems to mean "Something's wrong and we have no idea what". If the problem is with one of the LOD models, you can get rid of it by eliminating them. But then again, you can also get rid of a headache by cutting your head off. Doesn't really sound like a cure to me.

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

I had several problems and issues with uploading a file. Mostly it seems it's not the mesh itself, but the name. So If I use a number in it, like 1,2, or 3 it causes problems. Also the words "High" Low" etc prevents the upload somehow. No idea how, but there it is. Once I change the name, it uploads as normal. So before you mess with the mesh, try changing the name. It sounds weird, but that's what I experienced. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Just to have something USEFUL on this resurrected thread, the only time that I see this error (nowadays) is when I forget to click the SL and OS Static choice in the Operator Presets window when saving the file. That is pretty much automatic for me, but now and then I forget. So folks finding this thread with that problem, check that sidebar on the export screen.

I always apply my modifiers early in my workflow, so MY issue is the "selection only" checkbox. 

image.png.e289c6385c68dd06c68540ebaf524268.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 717 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.