Mesh Upload Error: MAV_BLOCK_MISSING

Milla Michinaga

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 714 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Carson Bigbear said:

I have had this problem multiple times, here are the things that I have run into being a problem.

1. Second Life doesn't like a mesh that was converted to from a curve to be the root of the upload.

2. Your Material name has a special character in it somewhere.

3. Your mesh name has a special character somewhere in it. 

Sometimes this problem can be a fluke too, on earlier meshes I could get around the problem by exporting as a .obj and reimporting as a .obj and then exporting as a dae. I have found most success in changing the names of the mesh or material.

I don't think it really has anything to do with the LOD values, but with this error message I highly recommend you read the log. There is an entirely different error message you get with your mesh is corrupted and it specifically tells you to LOOK AT THE LOG. 

Also, I always get this message after clicking calculate LOD, and etc. ( not exact button name), but generically if you can see your mesh in the view then you are going to be okay its just something small. 

DISCLAIMER: All this info has absolutely no source to back it up, it is just coming from my experience uploading mesh! I wish you all luck!

thank you 

• 1 year later...

for people who come looking for the solution:
I confirm that the mav_block_missing error - is caused by the LOD (on specifically small objects or details that do not have a complete form)

that is, if you make a box and leave the bottom face (the one that will not be seen) open, without a face, and it is small, this can cause the error, the LOD at 0 in low and 0 in the middle, help to solve the problem

Solution: Enlarge your mesh a little before raising it, or change the low and medium lod values to 0.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/6/2020 at 4:36 AM, HzFox said:

Solution: Enlarge your mesh a little before raising it, or change the low and medium lod values to 0.

I have to emphasize what Kyrah already said.

You dont' butcher your LoD models if you care at all about how your builds actually look to people in SL (and I'm sure you do if you think about it).

The real answer is to make good LoD and physics models. It doesn't have to be that difficult. The real experts in this can probably be counted on the fingers of one hand but anybody can learn how to make them good enough to avoid mav_block_missing errors, un-rezzable surfaces and collpased LoD models.

• 2 weeks later...

ChinRey:

I have to emphasize what Kyrah already said.

You dont' butcher your LoD models if you care at all about how your builds actually look to people in SL (and I'm sure you do if you think about it).

The real answer is to make good LoD and physics models. It doesn't have to be that difficult. The real experts in this can probably be counted on the fingers of one hand but anybody can learn how to make them good enough to avoid mav_block_missing errors, un-rezzable surfaces and collpased LoD models.

Now this having this error with the same mesh, I am looking for the current solution, they are small lights that are "rigged" in an armature, and only this part gives this error, however, I upload them individually, but if I upload the entire armature with its "lights" this error does not appear, so I think it is because of the size or the way these lights are positioned, I am testing if it really is the size

---- 

edit : yes is for the size. 

You should only respect the minimum space allowed in second life in a box, it is the solution that I found to this problem, if the object is a very small detail, expand it in such a way that it is inside the mesh so that it creates that necessary volume.

- For the record that this has been my solution, and it is not something that is really functional, you can take it as a tip, if the same error occurs, with a light or small ring.

Edited by HzFox
  • Confused 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/27/2020 at 6:11 AM, Kyrah Abattoir said:

Not sure i fully understand this but.. You can't upload lights.

" lights " = small squares made of mesh ... xD 

I already found a solution for these issues ... if your mesh is very small, enlarge the object inwards so that the detail is not visible and that's it.

(in case the error is due to wanting to upload very small objects)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 714 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.