Web profile privacy and notifications screwed up.

Ceera Murakami

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4545 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Roseysun Galicia wrote:

Please allow us the ability to remove people who are following us. 

If someone is on my block/mute list they should not be able to follow me. 

Please look into giving the ability to Follow its own permission setting in Privacy. 

That's a very good point. It might not really keep the person you are muting from seeing your feed—it IS a pretty public place—but it would at least give you the chance to make your preference known. I would think if you mute someone you had a reason for doing so; having that person 'follow' you would feel pretty creepy.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know whether there was a glitch with the defaults of the follow feature or the Lab decided to change the defaults but I'm no longer following everyone on my friends list and they're no longer following me back. In any case I guess thanks are due for getting this sorted out.

No Follow.jpg

Rolig Loon wrote:

WooHoo!  My followers have disappeared too.  (Well, all but one, but that's a great improvement).  That's something to be thankful for, a good way to start the day.  :smileyhappy:

Give it until

Monday. You'll probably have 'em all

back then!

Rudi

Unfortunately, I do not think this is correct.  You are still automatically following them, it has just been hidden.  (Please correct me if I am wrong on this).  If you click on one of your current friends, you do not have the option to follow them because you already are.  They have not given us a way to unfollow any one of our friends.  We CAN, however, unfollow people that are not our friends.  All they did was hide the fact that it is automatic.

Cinn

I see what you mean.   

In that case, though, it looks as if only about three or four people on my -- very extensive, because I hardly ever bother to remove anyone -- friends list ever post anything on their feeds.   I mean, three or four out of getting on for 500.

OK, a lot of people represented on my friends list are probably inactive accounts by now, but it still suggests -- at least if my experience is anything to go by -- that very few people actually use this feature.

ETA -- looks like you are most certainly correct.   A post by a friend of mine showed up on my feed at some point today and, while I was delighted to see my friend is pleasantly surprised by the latest viewer, I know for a fact I didn't opt to follow her.

What I find odd....I looked up who my 5 (new)  followers are, and all five happen to be people I removed from my friendslist earlier this week.
Three of them are cancellend accounts even, they do not exist anymore!

ETA: for what it's worth, I like the whole concept of the profile feed and including pics! Then again, I also like facebook and twittter :P.

Rolig Loon wrote:

My profile is
my
profile.  I didn't enter SL with the expectation that it was going to be some sort of facebook lookalike.  The profile is my opportunity to let people see who I am.  That's
it
.  I don't care to have anyone else mucking around in it, and no, I don't want to see any of my friends' posts.

I couldn't agree more! 

I wish LL would take all the resources and money they now plow into moving SL over to a 2D, facebook/twitter-like experience with the 'profile' as the centerpiece, and spend it on the IN-WORLD 3D experience. Make it more social, improve the communication tools, but do it *in-world*. THAT's what I, and I suspect many others, signed up for.

- Luc -

Luc Starsider wrote:

I couldn't agree more! 

I wish LL would take all the resources and money they now plow into moving SL over to a 2D, facebook/twitter-like experience with the 'profile' as the centerpiece, and spend it on the IN-WORLD 3D experience. Make it more social, improve the communication tools, but do it *in-world*. THAT's what I, and I suspect many others, signed up for.

- Luc -

^^^ QFT ^^^

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4545 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.