All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Yes I've done that and it's really a lot of fun. Was a bit creepy when some creepy-looking sci-fi guy slipped into the chair next to me though one day. As you know, in VR, you really feel like you're there!
  3. I had to make the bug report again... I think I need bug spray!
  4. For the most part, what you see as flaws, I see as originality and beauty. I just changed my lighting to noon if the ambience chosen for the overall landscape wasn't suitable for shopping. And I consider the additional items in a small garden for sale a plus rather than a minus. I do have one criticism though...and that relates to the underwater area. Even for an experienced builder like myself I found it difficult to click on the vendors because the builder of the sim linked all the underwater store structures into one huge link, and the transparent bounding box blocked vendors! He had an unusual name for it too, but I'm afraid it would trigger the bad word censors here. From the name I had the feeling he didn't give a damm if anybody bought anything at his design.
  5. Feral elephants are really SCARY 🏃‍♀ī¸đŸƒâ€â™‚ī¸ 🐘
  6. "Once upon a time, there was a bat queen who was known for her bravery, courage and fierce fighting skills. She led her army to fight in a war against a neighboring kingdom, but unfortunately, she lost the battle. She believed that all her people had died in the war and was heartbroken. To ease her pain, she decided to embark on a journey to explore the world. She flew across many lands, met different creatures, and learned new things. However, deep down, she missed her kingdom and her people." Read more on the blog
  7. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Aleutia-Min-Fluttering-Wings/25565752 https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/moonwaii-bat-wings-animesh/25280238 Could try these for bat ears. They're unrigged and modify so you can probably get something close to whatever size you'd like... https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Xuxu-Droopy-Mesh-Ears/25965844
  8. I mean I am not against Zuck, but also not with him. But then again, I am more against what corpos are doing today. Than the actual companies themselves. IE data farming and selling it to other companies. I wish Canada would adopt a bill, that would stop that from happening.
  9. Then at least YOU wouldn't be afraid of Threads. It's a safe haven. I swear, too bad people have so much against Zuck!!!
  10. $1200 laptop + $750 (yikes!) eGPU chassis + $350 GPU + $150 in RAM/SSD upgrades... Of course stuff from 2020/2021 isn't worth that any more. Maybe $800 worth in total used today. I think realistically you could SL quite well on a $500 PC today, especially if you go used.
  11. I am trying to put up a little something together. I use a lelutka head and got a legacy and Maitreya bodies for what that information may be worth. So I am looking for big bat like ears to go atop of the head but I for the love of me, can't seem to find any that readily fit the bill. Talking about just as long if not longer than the head, to give a sense of proportion too. I would like to find some wings to go along, bat wings too, all I can find is spiky demon/dragon tier wings. Other things too to be honest, like some particular hairstyles and such but asking here for Ears as those I feel are the most important now. Does anybody know of any good stores that sell such items?
  12. I just use FB and IG, I honestly don't use twitter. I think two is enough for me.
  13. I do too, actually! I just wish there were more active people there. But it's a very simple, elegant platform, and the level of toxicity is MUCH lower than on Twitter.
  14. Watching the Oberwager Lab Gab episode now, and every time he says "Thunes" (it's promouned "Toonz"), all I can think of is this SNL skit: Also: you know WHY Brad is so gung ho on Second Life. right? Philip Rosedale got him to see SL his with his vision (I believe they used to hang out at Burning Man together, but I could have that part wrong).
  15. Inara now has one of her invaluable summaries up on her blog. https://modemworld.me/2024/04/26/summary-of-tilia-acquisition-lab-gab-sl-round-table-news/
  16. 2008 the CAD and USD were worth the same. This was when Canada was going through a huge economic growth and the US was not doing so well.
  17. I was lucky to get a Bluesky invite fairly early on. I've not wholly divested myself from X nÊe Twitter since there are a tiny handful of personalities I follow who are still there (some have a BlueSky presence but don't do anything /sigh). I've got threads via instagram but don't do much.... with either. I do like Bluesky a whole lot.
  18. Yeah. For me, the red line for Threads was that 1) it was linked to your Instagram account, which I don't have and don't want, and 2) the ToS and permissions required for access to personal information -- which included things like credit score, FFS -- are insane. Twitter is a hellhole, and getting worse daily, but one thing I will say for it is that it doesn't seem to data harvest to anything like the degree that Meta does.
  19. Yep. Nope. Sorry, I am not touching any social media with Zuck's icky fingerprints on it. I'm DONE done.
  20. On a completely different note. As I mentioned I nearly bled to death last year and because of that ended up in the hospital. Hemoglobin was 6.1 and gfr was 16. It was a near death experience. Paul helped me to be strong. I've been in the hospital for a year. I was about to be transferred to a rehab center before returning to hospital again for surgery. Now today the results of my uterus and cervical biopsy were returned. Cervix looks ok but because of the hemorrhaging they couldn't get a good result for all of the biopsies of the uterus. An expert said some of the endometrium tissue looked ok but other wasn't sure. He said either cancer or precancer but didn't know because too much blood in tissue. The thing is, I'm not even afraid. I will be strong because I know that's what Paul would want. Whatever happens, happens. I'm hoping for the best but I do have symptoms. My ca 125 is 38 and yes that's slightly elevated but doesn't mean cancer. My ca 19.9 is 266 so that's very elevated. I've also got swollen lymph nodes but that doesn't mean cancer either. Doctor wants to induce temporary menopause with decapeptyl 11.25 injection. I don't know if I will agree to that because I don't how hormone therapy will treat possible endometrial cancer. I just don't think I really want to deal with all the side effects of that either. I just wish Paul was here now more than ever. He was always great at reassuring me and guiding me with good advice. I guess at some point they will do another biopsy and ultrasound but that wasn't clear either. On a good note my kidneys gfr is now 52. My hemoglobin is 11.5 so that's much better than a year ago for sure. My iron saturation did go down to 10% but they said it's from the hemorrhaging for one month after the biopsy. I guess I bled so long and was so painful because they accidentally cut something, I don't know. That's what they said. They wanted to do an iron infusion but I said no. I really don't have any negative vibe that things are going to go downhill but if they do, it's all ok. I just wanted to share my day with ya'll. Hope that's ok. Normally I would tell Paul but he's not here. Thanks for listening. hugs Once again, special thanks to all the love and support from SL community.
  21. I signed up for Mastodon shortly after the Musk Event. @Coffee Pancake was helpful in advising me on signing up. Over time though, I wasn't getting much out of Mastodon so stopped checking it. Later, Threads came along. Threads is awesome!!!!
  22. I think the U.S. and Canadian dollars were at par for one brief, shining moment in the 1970s. It was a blip. *cries some more in Canadian* And people wonder why I prefer to hang out in the metaverse? đŸ¤Ŗ
  1. Load more activity