Flamers, Trolls, Dramaqueens and Spectators

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4456 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yohan Roux wrote:

As you don't have a copy of what was said you can't make that judgment, unless you consider the words "you are a fake", after quoting a phrase from a children's book in their own very rare language, I only wished to see if their claim was true, but you seem to be a person that knows all before it happens, so fine, i wont repeat it.

then let it rest..i didn't seek to see if your claim was true of where you were from..yet you sought mine for some reason..now you still bring it up?

put it behind us and lets move on with a better note..i wasn't your enemy in the past..don't make it so in the future because of being in the same place and time as those you may hold a grudge with..

we can end up on a good note or bad right here..the choice is yours..

i'm not calling on your pride..i'm calling on your common sense..i hope to not be enemies..but so be it if that ends up your choice..

I am sorry, but people seem to know what has happened to lucinda, I never told a person, I think you people on this site should understand, I remember what I tell every one and I am very careful to tell only certain groups certain things, this way I see if there is any connection to others, this is why I don't have friends here because I could say something just in friendly chat and mess it all up by losing track of were a word went.

So I never told a person what happened, yet in this very forum I have had comments from 3 people that know what happened to lucinda, this means that those 3 have had connection with people that control this site.

Now I only said the comment to see if they would respond with further info, they did not, you should have said nothing as no one knows who the comment was about at as I never told anyone, look I know you all need friends to get support from when you are hurt, please believe I don't, maybe I don't get hurt, maybe I am a machine but I have never needed another person in my life, I don't feel the need to talk to anyone when I am attacked, defeated or hated, I just need time to think and work out every poss outcome.

Why did you comment, it was a trap for someone else and you fell in it, I was looking for others that knew or maybe it was you that told them all in which case how did you know what happened to lucinda, no way was lucinda going to let you know what happened, as your saw when you found out I was lucinda you replied to my comments to see if I was vengeful, I was not, lol, I would never be, no dear revenge is not my style, I leave that to the more primitive live forms on the planet.

My feelings towards you are exact the same as they were when we chatted about Sparta, I was wrong to bring race into it, the lindens were right, but I will sail close to the wind, I will push the boundaries, the lindens marked my course for me and I will try to sail it, but I don't think there is anything you could say that could shift me from my path.

As you are all working out now social networks are not what they are cracked up to be, lol, you have made me give away a future topic, lol, well done, I must have a soft spot, but they are not, they are being used for everything but social, they are being used to organize and number you as if you are being filed and categorized, I could see this many years ago and expected it, hence me never going to any of them as myself, I exist in other places as a blogger, but again with a created image, those that are doing the filing will only get info I wish them to have, unlike the rest of you that lost your souls years ago thinking it was a good place to make friends, that was going to be a future topic, lol, now I said it I can't use it.

Yohan Roux wrote:

I am sorry, but people seem to know what has happened to lucinda, I never told a person, I think you people on this site should understand, I remember what I tell every one and I am very careful to tell only certain groups certain things, this way I see if there is any connection to others, this is why I don't have friends here because I could say something just in friendly chat and mess it all up by losing track of were a word went.

So I never told a person what happened, yet in this very forum I have had comments from 3 people that know what happened to lucinda, this means that those 3 have had connection with people that control this site.

Now I only said the comment to see if they would respond with further info, they did not, you should have said nothing as no one knows who the comment was about at as I never told anyone, look I know you all need friends to get support from when you are hurt, please believe I don't, maybe I don't get hurt, maybe I am a machine but I have never needed another person in my life, I don't feel the need to talk to anyone when I am attacked, defeated or hated, I just need time to think and work out every poss outcome.

Why did you comment, it was a trap for someone else and you fell in it, I was looking for others that knew or maybe it was you that told them all in which case how did you know what happened to lucinda, no way was lucinda going to let you know what happened, as your saw when you found out I was lucinda you replied to my comments to see if I was vengeful, I was not, lol, I would never be, no dear revenge is not my style, I leave that to the more primitive live forms on the planet.

My feelings towards you are exact the same as they were when we chatted about Sparta, I was wrong to bring race into it, the lindens were right, but I will sail close to the wind, I will push the boundaries, the lindens marked my course for me and I will try to sail it, but I don't think there is anything you could say that could shift me from my path.

As you are all working out now social networks are not what they are cracked up to be, lol, you have made me give away a future topic, lol, well done, I must have a soft spot, but they are not, they are being used for everything but social, they are being used to organize and number you as if you are being filed and categorized, I could see this many years ago and expected it, hence me never going to any of them as myself, I exist in other places as a blogger, but again with a created image, those that are doing the filing will only get info I wish them to have, unlike the rest of you that lost your souls years ago thinking it was a good place to make friends, that was going to be a future topic, lol, now I said it I can't use it.

i don't think it took a rocket scientists to drop in that thread and see what was going on..the only reason i said anything here is because i seen it being brought back up..i was just asking to let it alone  and lets move on..

i don't come here to fight with people and i didn't back in the old RA forums..i'm not that involved with the internet or second life as i used to be or even have a facebook or anything like it..i don't like the person that created it and second life is getting kind of boring..this may be my last year if it doesn't start to feel better lol

also i didn't expose who you are..you did that in your post i responded to..so i decided to ask you to let it go..

it's in the past so lets leave it there..if you read more into it than that..well there is nothing i can do about that..it was just a request after you exposed yourself..i never came  in here or anywhere saying this person is that person or whatever..i just came in here to say let sleeping dogs sleep..

i much rather keep our sparta spartacus tone going instead as you had said..so lets go there instead? k? hehehehe

Celestiall Nightfire wrote:

kattatonia Wickentower wrote:

JeanneAnne wrote:

Rene Erlanger wrote:

Nope, I didn't like her one bit......She should have been institutionalized!

Darn! Sorry I missed her ...

Jeanne

I never liked her.  She attacked me when I was a noob, on my very first post in the forums. I guess maybe she thought I was a sock puppet or something but I don't care. It was mean.  I won't ever forget it, even though she erased the thread so there's no evidence of it. But mostly I just ignored her, her video replies rarely added anything to the conversation - so I stopped playing them.

Later on I felt sorry for her, nobody deserves the treatment she got in various blogs that raked her over the coals.

She attacked me on the GD forum, and not because she thought I was an alt.  To excuse her behavior by suggesting that she thought everyone was an alt is nonsense.   She attacked because she was an attack-pit-bull-personality, and she delighted in harassing, insulting, and belittling people.  After she attacked me, she persisted for 3 straight months, dogging my every comment with insults, digs, and trolling.  

I left the GD forums for a while, and as soon as I posted there again, she started right back up with the same thing.Insulting me and comment stalking.  She did too scores of people, and made the GD forum a hellish place.  She posted vile insults to me and about me.  She went to off-site forums and posted stuff with my name, she posted a picture of my avatar, after she looked it, she profile stalked me.  Feel sorry for her?!  Never.  

Plus, I saw what she posted about people in her blog and off-site forums..It was extremely insulting, name calling, etc.  She even did that to LL staff, personally, I think she got banned from here.  But, whatever is the reason, I say good riddance.  

@ Jeanne..No my little flower-child, you are lucky you missed her.  She'd have taken one look at your posts and made your forum life pure hell.   

I was not trying to excuse her behavior by any means.  I didn't like her or respect her.  Did she deserve the payback? I suppose she did.  I know that her behavior to me was typical and I guess she made lots of enemies that way.  But over time I watched her disintegrate and her feeble flailings were pitiful, so I felt sorry for her.  That doesn't mean I condoned her behavior.  Like I said, I mostly ignored her. So I suppose I missed the hurtful things she did to you, Celestiall, just like I missed most of her crimes against humanity.  It irked me that because she was friends with friends of mine that I sometimes had to say hello to her at concerts, but I like to be polite so I managed.

I still think the horse was dead months before the blogs were done beating her.  But that's JMO.

ETA:  On one thing we can agree.  I'm glad she's gone too.

Venus Petrov wrote:

Celest, indeed, she was a psycho paranoid personality....but I do laugh at the whole 'Hit Squad' thing (more names forthcoming).  During all of her ranting on her blog...not once...not once did any of her 'friends' call her on her insanity.  Their voices were silent and so she raged.

She did not last long once mods moved in.  They had her number.

Do you really think that her friends were silent?  I don't know, I wasn't her friend, but I imagine they talked about what was going on.  I doubt that any of them encouraged her.  I also doubt that she would welcome constructive criticism.  I'm sure that had any of them been foolish enough to publicly protest that they would swiftly become her next target.  While that might have been entertaining for some, I'm just as glad it didn't happen.

Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

Hi, Caity! *waves*

It's true. If her credibility was lacking before, it disappeared completely with her blog posts. Imagine: An official (!) Gang of Forum Thugs™ with a list of people targeted for harassment, supplied by a mod.

Pathetic? Certainly. But not worthy of anyone's pity, only contempt.

BTW, Katt: I find it very interesting that you can feel "sorry for" such a person and not feel sorry for the victims of her
lies
, and are also all too happy to join in the chorus that calls another old Forum poster "evil" and remain silent when someone in your circle publicly calls him a pedophile.

I do feel sorry for the victims. And I would feel sorry for the old forum poster if I thought that he was hurt. I didn't witness the event in question.  I only heard about it because his supposed friends keep repeating the charge.  He doesn't seem to mind that.  I imagine that's because it's so ludicrous.  As for this chorus of "evil" chanters, I don't know what you are talking about. ;)

JeanneAnne wrote: I'd like to see us SL residents, users, players... stand in solidarity against the oppressor. Boggles my mind that the worst oppressed are their strongest defenders tho.. LoL Human nature sure is weird!

Jeanne

This is just silly JeanneAnne. If you got your wish, there would be no SL. Now if you were talking about RL, then I'm right there with you.

Venus Petrov wrote:

Celest, indeed, she was a psycho paranoid personality....but I do laugh at the whole 'Hit Squad' thing (more names forthcoming).  During all of her ranting on her blog...not once...not once did any of her 'friends' call her on her insanity.  Their voices were silent and so she raged.

She did not last long once mods moved in.  They had her number.

Do you really think that her friends were silent?  I don't know, I wasn't her friend, but I imagine they talked about what was going on.  I doubt that any of them encouraged her.  I also doubt that she would welcome constructive criticism.  I'm sure that had any of them been foolish enough to publicly protest that they would swiftly become her next target.  While that might have been entertaining for some, I'm just as glad it didn't happen.

You said it yourself, Katt.  You doubt she would welcome constructive criticism thus her friends were silent.  This is what I 'saw'...silence.  It was entertaining to be on her list.  I was in good company.

JeanneAnne wrote: I'd like to see us SL residents, users, players... stand in solidarity against the oppressor. Boggles my mind that the worst oppressed are their strongest defenders tho.. LoL Human nature sure is weird!

Jeanne

This is just silly JeanneAnne. If you got your wish, there would be no SL. Now if you were talking about RL, then I'm right there with you.

Going against the socio-economic paradigm you've been conditioned with is silly, is it? If I got my wish there would be a better SL. It would be more egalitarian. Content creators would cease to be hyperexploited by the soulless, sociopathic corporation. Decisions would be based on what benefitted SL residents, not corporate executives & shareholders. It's always good to worm your pets & livestock.

Jeanne

JeanneAnne wrote:

Jeanne

Going against the socio-economic paradigm you've been conditioned with is silly, is it? If I got my wish there would be a
better
SL. It would be more egalitarian. Content creators would cease to be hyperexploited by the soulless, sociopathic corporation. Decisions would be based on what benefitted SL residents, not corporate executives & shareholders. It's always good to worm your pets & livestock.

Jeanne

Good lord.

A souless, sociopathic corporation?   In your egalitarian efforts, would residents of SL become equally responsible for paying for servers, facilities, payroll, benefits and all other associated costs of running a free to users, entertainment service?  Do you think investors should just hand over checks and expect no ROI if that ROI was not to the liking of the residents?  As this is a strictly voluntary endeavor, and LL does not prevent the content creators from shopping their wares and talents to other digital content consumers, there is no hyper exploitation of the evil corporate overlords as you suggest. 

"Good lord.

A souless, sociopathic corporation?"

Yes. Corporations are required to put shareholder profit above every other consideration, including above public welfare & the welfare of the environment. This is the very essence of sociopathy. It is institutionalized greed. If evil is as evil does, this is evil.

"In your egalitarian efforts, would residents of SL become equally responsible for paying for servers, facilities, payroll, benefits and all other associated costs of running a free to users, entertainment service?"

Yes. All users would pay a modest fee. The people elected by users to run the user owned non-profit cooperative that replaces LL would determine operating costs and spread these costs equitably among all users. Since parasites (executives, shareholders) had been eliminated, overall costs to run SL would be reduced.

"Do you think investors should just hand over checks and expect no ROI if that ROI was not to the liking of the residents?"

Yes. I always expect people to do the right thing. The consensus peferences of residents ought to be the criterion for deciding how SL is run. As it is, increasing profit for shareholders & maintaining inflated executive salaries is the criterion. Shareholders would have no choice but to turn over their interests to residents if a tier strike could be effectively organized. Concede to user demands or go out of business & loose all of your investment. The residents have the power!!

"...there is no hyper exploitation of the evil corporate overlords as you suggest."

Indeed there is. Ordinarily, corporations pay the creators of the content they sell. Rather than paying content creators LL requites content creators to pay upload fees & tier for the virtual land on which they display or sell this content. Meanwhile, people who create or contribute nothing enjoy SL for free. This is unfair. So what if content creators are free to produce, store or vend their content elsewhere? That's irrelevant to the particular, hyperexploitative circumstances LL imposes onto content creators.

Jeanne

JeanneAnne wrote:

"Do you think investors should just hand over checks and expect no ROI if that ROI was not to the liking of the residents?"

Yes. I always expect people to do the right thing.

Meanwhile, people who create or contribute nothing enjoy SL for free. This is unfair.

Jeanne

Given that you have said in this thread and elsewhere that you have never purchased a single Linden and therefore contribute exactly zero to the economy of SL, you should change that first paragraph to "Yes. I always expect OTHER people to do the right thing.", since you clearly do not apply that to yourself.

JeanneAnne wrote:

"In your egalitarian efforts, would residents of SL become equally responsible for paying for servers, facilities, payroll, benefits and all other associated costs of running a free to users, entertainment service?"

Yes. All users would pay a modest fee. The people elected by users to run the user owned non-profit cooperative that replaces LL would determine operating costs and spread these costs equitably among all users. Since parasites (executives, shareholders) had been eliminated, overall costs to run SL would be reduced.

Jeanne

Lol, so every person who is using SL for free at the moment under your system will overnight have to start paying a fee, whilst all those who are contributing at the moment will get a reduction and you expect the freeloaders to all of a sudden start willingly paying a "modest" fee because they are now playing in an enlightened and egalitarian virtual world?  This will lead to less people logging in, therefore higher costs on the remaining funders who will in turn throw the towel in too.

Seriously you need to take your head out of the economic theories of collectives and start reading up on human psychology and basic mathematics.  First off, if you wanted to own LL as a collective entity you may be surprised to learn that LL wouldn't oppose you.  Just pay them enough to buy the company and they'll sell it to you given the right price.  I trust that in your grand scheme you've already got $100million + in your bank account ready to pay over because I can't imagine that a) you would go to investment bankers to raise the money or b) they would lend to you if you did.  Or do you want us all (free players too) to start paying you the money now upfront whilst at the same time paying LL?

Of course you'll be funding the company at a loss for quite a long time afterwards as you try to convince/direct all SL residents to start paying into the collective pool or leave SL when they could could easily walk across the virtual highway to InWorldz say and freeload over there.  I could go on, but as you can see your idealism depends on magiced up untainted, in your eyes, money and everybody sharing the same views and committment as you...which just ain't so.

Dillon Levenque wrote:

JeanneAnne wrote:

Meanwhile, people who create or contribute nothing enjoy SL for free. This is unfair.

Jeanne

Given that you have said in this thread and elsewhere that you have never purchased a single Linden and therefore contribute exactly zero to the economy of SL, you should change that first paragraph to "Yes. I always expect OTHER people to do the right thing.", since you clearly do not apply that to yourself.

It's irrational to expect people to pay for something they can have for free. If you resent my, and tens or hundreds of thousands of other players playing for free, then the blame for us being able to do so is Linden Lab's, not ours.

I'm the one calling for putting an end to this unfair situation, after all.

Rather than resenting others playing for free, content creators & those with paying accounts should ask themselves why they don't. I'm torn between feeling sorry for those who support a corporation that treats them so badly, and laughing at them for their gullibility.

If you really resent me playing for free Dillon, then join with me in the call to wrest SL from the corporation that enables & allows me to play for free!

Jeanne

"Lol, so every person who is using SL for free at the moment under your system will overnight have to start paying a fee, whilst all those who are contributing at the moment will get a reduction and you expect the freeloaders to all of a sudden start willingly paying a "modest" fee because they are now playing in an enlightened and egalitarian virtual world?"

Yes.

"This will lead to less people logging in, therefore higher costs on the remaining funders who will in turn throw the towel in too."

Perhaps, perhaps not. I would expect fewer people to log in but those who do would all be paying members. The increased quality of inworld experience I would expect to increase concurrency as the word got around & more & more people felt that paying a modest user fee was well worthwile. In any case, there's little use in speculating over an empirical question. We will just have to try it & see!

"Seriously you need to take your head out of the economic theories of collectives and start reading up on human psychology and basic mathematics."

I have a BS in applied math Sy. I understand that you & many others take a dim view of collective human psychology. No doubt you approach human behavior from a "grownup" Darwinian perspective that has greed built in. I think it's high time to go beyond this. I think it's time to start expecting people to do the right thing. I think it's time for us to stop killing our Christs, our Gandhis, our John Lennons... & start listening to them instead.

" First off, if you wanted to own LL as a collective entity you may be surprised to learn that LL wouldn't oppose you.  Just pay them enough to buy the company and they'll sell it to you given the right price."

I expect LL to give SL to a user owned consortium as a tax write-off. The way they are running SL into the ground, LL may want to do this sooner rather than later, while SL is still worth something. If they resist, a tier strike might hurry them along. Perhaps this sounds a bit like blackmail. I don't think so since paying tier is voluntary anyway. If enuf people simply declined to pay tier what choice would they have? At the very least, it might make them start taking user concerns seriously.

"..I can't imagine that a) you would go to investment bankers.."

No, I only deal with my member owned non-profit credit union.

"Or do you want us all (free players too) to start paying you the money now upfront whilst at the same time paying LL?"

This may be an option. Of course, you wouldn't be paying me, you'd be paying the person elected to serve as treasurer of the non-profit consortium that takes over operation of SL servers. I assure you that that person would not be me. :matte-motes-asleep-2: Realistically, we might have to buy the hardware SL runs on (or take over the leases on the servers, if LL doesn't actually own them). This might mean allocating a portion of user fees to LL for awhile, with the remainder going towards operating expenses. I wouldn't expect to pay a cent towards purchasing anything but hardware from LL. These are all details that I don't want to become involved in. They need to be worked out by user consensus. 

"Of course you'll be funding the company at a loss for quite a long time..." 

Once again, this is an empirical question that can only be answered by trying it.

"..as you try to convince/direct all SL residents to start paying into the collective pool or leave SL when they could could easily walk across the virtual highway to InWorldz say and freeload over there."

I expect my ideas to catch on among content creators who currently shoulder the entire burden of supporting SL while making LL shareholders & corporate executives rich. You're right, rationally, us freeloaders could care less where we freeload or who we freeload off of, right? If InWorldz catches on big time abandoning SL to bankruptcy may become the way to go. For the time being tho, I think that SL is still worth trying to salvage.

"I could go on, but as you can see your idealism depends on magiced up untainted, in your eyes, money and everybody sharing the same views and committment as you...which just ain't so."

You speak of idealism & magicked up stuff as if they're bad things Sy. Yeah, I do call for people to undo their minds, think beyond their cultural conditioning, take idealistic action, do the right thing... I realize that not everyone shares the same views & commitments I do. Yet my views & commitments are in line with what Christ taught, what Marx & Gandhi & Thoreau had to say, what John Lennon invited us to Imagine. I hope someday you'll join us...

Jeanne

Rene Erlanger wrote:

At currently monthly login levels ....everyone would have to pay around $9-10 USD p/mth to replace the current Tier system and other forms of LL income. I would be surprise if you'd be left with 50% of SL'ers.

That sounds pretty fair to me Rene. I was expecting it to be more.

Even if half the current users left that'd still only be $18-20 month^-1. A bargain! I'm in...

Also, keep in mind that after eliminating parasites operating expenses would be reduced. So maybe more like $15 mo^-1. This is sounding even better than I'd hoped!

Jeanne

JeanneAnne wrote:

"Lol, so every person who is using SL for free at the moment under your system will overnight have to start paying a fee, whilst all those who are contributing at the moment will get a reduction and you expect the freeloaders to all of a sudden start willingly paying a
"modest"
fee because they are now playing in an enlightened and egalitarian virtual world?"

Yes.

"This will lead to less people logging in, therefore higher costs on the remaining funders who will in turn throw the towel in too."

Perhaps, perhaps not. I would expect fewer people to log in but those who do would all be paying members. The increased quality of inworld experience I would expect to increase concurrency as the word got around & more & more people felt that paying a modest user fee was well worthwile. In any case, there's little use in speculating over an empirical question. We will just have to try it & see!

"Seriously you need to take your head out of the economic theories of collectives and start reading up on human psychology and basic mathematics."

I have a BS in applied math Sy. I understand that you & many others take a dim view of collective human psychology. No doubt you approach human behavior from a "grownup" Darwinian perspective that has greed built in. I think it's high time to go beyond this. I think it's time to start expecting people to do the right thing. I think it's time for us to stop killing our Christs, our Gandhis, our John Lennons... & start listening to them instead.

" First off, if you wanted to own LL as a collective entity you may be surprised to learn that LL wouldn't oppose you.  Just pay them enough to buy the company and they'll sell it to you given the right price."

I expect LL to
give
SL to a user owned consortium as a tax write-off. The way they are running SL into the ground, LL may want to do this sooner rather than later, while SL is still worth something. If they resist, a tier strike might hurry them along. Perhaps this sounds a bit like blackmail. I don't think so since paying tier is voluntary anyway. If enuf people simply declined to pay tier what choice would they have? At the very least, it might make them start taking user concerns seriously.

"..I can't imagine that a) you would go to investment bankers.."

No, I only deal with my member owned non-profit credit union.

"Or do you want us all (free players too) to start paying you the money now upfront whilst at the same time paying LL?"

This may be an option. Of course, you wouldn't be paying
me
, you'd be paying the person elected to serve as treasurer of the non-profit consortium that takes over operation of SL servers. I assure you that that person would
not
be me. :matte-motes-asleep-2: Realistically, we might have to buy the hardware SL runs on (or take over the leases on the servers, if LL doesn't actually own them). This might mean allocating a portion of user fees to LL for awhile, with the remainder going towards operating expenses. I wouldn't expect to pay a cent towards purchasing anything but hardware from LL. These are all details that I don't want to become involved in. They need to be worked out by user consensus. 

"Of course you'll be funding the company at a loss for quite a long time..." 

Once again, this is an empirical question that can only be answered by trying it.

"..as you try to convince/direct all SL residents to start paying into the collective pool or leave SL when they could could easily walk across the virtual highway to InWorldz say and freeload over there."

I expect my ideas to catch on among content creators who currently shoulder the entire burden of supporting SL while making LL shareholders & corporate executives rich. You're right, rationally, us freeloaders could care less where we freeload or who we freeload off of, right? If InWorldz catches on big time abandoning SL to bankruptcy may become the way to go. For the time being tho, I think that SL is still worth trying to salvage.

"I could go on, but as you can see your idealism depends on magiced up untainted, in your eyes, money and everybody sharing the same views and committment as you...which just ain't so."

You speak of idealism & magicked up stuff as if they're bad things Sy. Yeah, I do call for people to undo their minds, think beyond their cultural conditioning, take idealistic action, do the right thing... I realize that not everyone shares the same views & commitments I do. Yet my views & commitments are in line with what Christ taught, what Marx & Gandhi & Thoreau had to say, what John Lennon invited us to Imagine. I hope someday you'll join us...

Jeanne

OMG...this has got to be a troll.

We are the world...we are the children...

Ima Rang wrote:

OMG...this has got to be a troll.

We are the world...we are the children...

Troll kalla mik
Trungl sjǫtrungnis,
Auðsug jǫtuns,
Elsólar bǫl,
Vilsinn vǫlu,
Vǫrð nafjarðar,
Hvélsveg himins -
Hvat's troll nema þat? -- Skáldskaparmál

Auðsug = "wealth sucker.."

Linden Labs is the troll!!

Jeanne

JeanneAnne wrote:

Dillon Levenque wrote:

JeanneAnne wrote:

Jeanne

It's irrational to expect people to pay for something they can have for free. If you resent my, and tens or hundreds of thousands of other players playing for free, then the blame for us being able to do so is Linden Lab's, not ours.

I'm the one calling for putting an end to this unfair situation, after all.

Rather than resenting others playing for free, content creators & those with paying accounts should ask themselves why they don't. I'm torn between feeling sorry for those who support a corporation that treats them so badly, and laughing at them for their gullibility.

If you really resent me playing for free Dillon, then join with me in the call to wrest SL from the corporation that enables & allows me to play for free!

Jeanne

I didn't say that I 'resented' you, nor do I. I pointed out that you are engaging in behavior that you deem unfair. I think your ideas regarding the econonomics of the whole situation would have to be polished and dressed up just to be good enough to call wrong-headed but I don't resent that you have them.

Second Life brings me a great deal of personal pleasure and a fair amount of intellectual stimulation on a regular basis; the small amount of RL money I pay for that is for me an excellent bargain.

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Second Life brings me a great deal of personal pleasure and a fair amount of intellectual stimulation on a regular basis; the small amount of RL money I pay for that is for me an excellent bargain.

I agree Dillon. I wouldn't mind paying a small amount of RL money to support SL by helping to cover operating expenses. But so long as a portion of my contribution would be going towards inflated executive salaries & bonuses, and towards shareholder capital gains & dividends... not one cent!! I will help feed the organism but not its parasites.

Jeanne

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4456 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.