Flamers, Trolls, Dramaqueens and Spectators

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4454 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Canoro Philipp wrote:

a neighborhood that has its amount of crime may make news, with gangs, rapists, kidnappers, mobsters, it may keep action going in that neighborhood, but with time, it drives away the decent residents and good people that live there, new visitors will be driven away by the criminals, at the end, the place stays as a home for the criminals.

what im saying is that negativity may be attractive for the people that like those things, and they may feel the place more "alive" the more negative events happen, but it drives away people who dont want to fight, that want to have a nice calm conversation with another resident from there.

i agree that the place needs moderation so that the good people have a chance to come here and stay as regulars if they want, feeling themselves protected from the people that want to bully them.

I'd rather live in a bad neighborhood than live in one where I'm afraid to leave my house, for fear of being gunned down by the police... which is only a slight exaggeration of what's going on here.  The pendulum has swung much too far to the other side... maybe one day LL will get the balance right, but that hasn't happened yet.

...Dres

JeanneAnne wrote:

Rene Erlanger wrote:

Peggy Paperdoll wrote:

Hey, I liked Suspiria.........she didn't like me though. 
:)

Nope, I didn't like her one bit.......she should have been institutionalized!

Darn! Sorry I missed her ...

Jeanne

I never liked her.  She attacked me when i was a noob, on my very first post in the forums. I guess maybe she thought i was a sock puppet or something but I don't care. It was mean.  I won't ever forget it, even though she erased the thread so there's no evidence of it. But mostly i just ignored her, her video replies rarely added anything to the conversation - so I stopped playing them.  Later on I felt sorry for her, nobody deserves the treatment she got in various blogs that raked her over the coals.

kattatonia Wickentower wrote:

JeanneAnne wrote:

Rene Erlanger wrote:

Peggy Paperdoll wrote:

Jeanne

I never liked her.  She attacked me when i was a noob, on my very first post in the forums. I guess maybe she thought i was a sock puppet or something but I don't care. It was mean.  I won't ever forget it, even though she erased the thread so there's no evidence of it. But mostly i just ignored her, her video replies rarely added anything to the conversation - so I stopped playing them.

Later on I felt sorry for her,
nobody deserves the treatment she got in various blogs that raked her over the coals.

I guess you never read her blog when she flounced from this forum. 

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Canoro Philipp wrote:

a neighborhood that has its amount of crime may make news, with gangs, rapists, kidnappers, mobsters, it may keep action going in that neighborhood, but with time, it drives away the decent residents and good people that live there, new visitors will be driven away by the criminals, at the end, the place stays as a home for the criminals.

what im saying is that negativity may be attractive for the people that like those things, and they may feel the place more "alive" the more negative events happen, but it drives away people who dont want to fight, that want to have a nice calm conversation with another resident from there.

i agree that the place needs moderation so that the good people have a chance to come here and stay as regulars if they want, feeling themselves protected from the people that want to bully them.

I'd rather live in a bad neighborhood than live in one where I'm afraid to leave my house, for fear of being gunned down by the police... which is only a slight exaggeration of what's going on here.  The pendulum has swung much too far to the other side... maybe one day LL will get the balance right, but that hasn't happened yet.

...Dres

It is like what I said to Torley regarding Void departing the Forum, that it had degraded to a 'us verses them' atmosphere rather than a working together to make it a pleasant and vibrant place to post.

JeanneAnne wrote:

Rene Erlanger wrote:

Jeanne

I never liked her.  She attacked me when i was a noob, on my very first post in the forums. I guess maybe she thought i was a sock puppet or something but I don't care. It was mean.  I won't ever forget it, even though she erased the thread so there's no evidence of it. But mostly i just ignored her, her video replies rarely added anything to the conversation - so I stopped playing them.

Later on I felt sorry for her, nobody deserves the treatment she got in various blogs that raked her over the coals.

She attacked me on the GD forum, and not because she thought I was an alt.  To excuse her behavior by suggesting that she thought everyone was an alt is nonsense.   She attacked becsuse she was an attack-pit-bull-personality, and she delighted in harassing, insulting, and belittling people.  After she attacked me, she persisted for 3 straight months, dogging my every comment with insults, digs, and trolling.  

I left the GD forums for a while, and as soon as I posted there again, she started right back up with the same thing..insulting me and comment stalking.  She did too scores of people, and made the GD forum a hellish place.  She posted vile insults to me and about me.  She went to off-site forums and posted stuff with my name, she posted a picture of my avatar, after she looked it, she profile stalked me.  Feel sorry for her?!  Never.  

Plus, I saw what she posted about people in her blog and off-site forums...it was extremely insulting, name calling, etc.  She even did that to LL staff, personally, I think she got banned from here.  But, whatever is the reason, I say good riddance.  

@ Jeanne...no my little flower-child, you are lucky you missed her.  She'd have taken one look at your posts and made your forum life pure hell.   

JeanneAnne wrote:

Rene Erlanger wrote:

Peggy Paperdoll wrote:

Jeanne

Later on I felt sorry for her, nobody deserves the treatment she got in various blogs that raked her over the coals.

Don't feel sorry for that. She had her own nasty blog in which she tried to burn down lots of forum posters and Lindens. In that blog I found out I am the alt of several posters, a kudo-ring leader (eh?) and a sock- and or meatpuppet.

I am still awaiting the written proof she promised, the 'email confirmations' in which it was made clear the gang, of which I was a apparently a member with several others ( hi Venus! hi Griffin!) , was led by a LL Moderator!

LOLOL.

Celestiall Nightfire wrote:

JeanneAnne wrote:

Rene Erlanger wrote:

Jeanne

She attacked me on the GD forum, and not because she thought I was an alt.  To excuse her behavior by suggesting that she thought everyone was an alt is nonsense.   She attacked becsuse she was an attack-pit-bull-personality, and she delighted in harassing, insulting, and belittling people.  After she attacked me, she persisted for 3 straight months, dogging my every comment with insults, digs, and trolling.  

I left the GD forums for a while, and as soon as I posted there again, she started right back up with the same thing..insulting me and comment stalking.  She did too scores of people, and made the GD forum a hellish place.  She posted vile insults to me and about me.  She went to off-site forums and posted stuff with my name, she posted a picture of my avatar, after she looked it, she profile stalked me.  Feel sorry for her?!  Never.  

Plus, I saw what she posted about people in her blog and off-site forums...it was extremely insulting, name calling, etc.  She even did that to LL staff, personally, I think she got banned from here.  But, whatever is the reason, I say good riddance.  

@ Jeanne...no my little flower-child, you are lucky you missed her.  She'd have taken one look at your posts and made your forum life pure hell.   

Seeing her name mentioned again I had to control my gag reflex.

She even trashed her best friend Scylla here on one occasion.

She was the epitome of something I've known for a very long time, there is no such thing as a compassionate communist.

Perrie Juran wrote:

It is like what I said to Torley regarding Void departing the Forum, that it had degraded to a 'us verses them' atmosphere rather than a working together to make it a pleasant and vibrant place to post.

I do not think Void's departure had anything to do with 'us v them' atmosphere.  She had a question that was unanswered so she left.  She was very public about giving two week's notice (and, actually, it was closer to three).

Celestiall Nightfire wrote:

JeanneAnne wrote:

Rene Erlanger wrote:

Jeanne

I'm sorry that happened to you Celestiall.

Maybe you're right.. Maybe I am lucky to have missed her...

But I would like to see a bit more controversy, a bit more fire, a bit more drama if you will.. in this forum. It's boring as it is.

As for her or anyone else making my forum life pure hell... Naww... That only happens if you let it. I woulduv prolly played with her. Maybe I woulduv ignorned her. I might have even liked her! for all I know... & joined in with her for fun. I dunno. But I sure wouldn't have let her make my forum life pure hell. I woulduv quit participating in the forum before that happened.

Peace!

Jeanne

Celest, indeed, she was a psycho paranoid personality....but I do laugh at the whole 'Hit Squad' thing (more names forthcoming).  During all of her ranting on her blog...not once...not once did any of her 'friends' call her on her insanity.  Their voices were silent and so she raged.

She did not last long once mods moved in.  They had her number.

Venus Petrov wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

I do not think Void's departure had anything to do with 'us v them' atmosphere.  She had a question that was unanswered so she left.  She was very public about giving two week's notice (and, actually, it was closer to three).

I miss Void.

She & I didn't always agree but she was one of the most interesting, intelligent & knowledgable posters I've seen on this forum. She didn't understand genetics very well, and especially not phylogentic algorithms but she & I had a very interesting debate about these issues and she was willing to learn. Her willingness to learn, instead of dogmatically holding to a position regardless of how stupid... is no doubt one of the reasons she knew so much. She was disgusted with the way LL treated her. They ran her off due to the disrespect they showed towards her and by so doing, we all lost a valuable contributor to this forum.

How can people defend a souless, profit-driven corporation who treats people this way? Who makes creative people pay them to upload the content they create? Who lives off the creativity of talented people like a hookworm in the gut lives off your blood & tissues? Who arbitrarily bans people for expressing an opinion?

I've not even been here 6 months yet & already I've seen several bright & interesting people disappear, either because they were banned or they decided to leave because they no longer felt that participation in this insipid forum was worth their time. What I wonder is what the rest of us are even still doing here ...

Jeanne

Hi, Caity! *waves*

It's true. If her credibility was lacking before, it disappeared completely with her blog posts. Imagine: An official (!) Gang of Forum Thugs™ with a list of people targeted for harassment, supplied by a mod.

Pathetic? Certainly. But not worthy of anyone's pity, only contempt.

BTW, Katt: I find it very interesting that you can feel "sorry for" such a person and not feel sorry for the victims of her lies, and are also all too happy to join in the chorus that calls another old Forum poster "evil" and remain silent when someone in your circle publicly calls him a pedophile.

the last time i seen her was when i came back to browse the forums while i was on break..it was a thread something about some hippie stock article..then i never seen her here ever again..

but then again..i was on break..so i don't know if that was the last others seen of her..

me and her never really went round and round..not that i remember anyways..i just remember her posting a lot of you tube videos like i do lol

@Celestiall, I remember this post all too well.  It has been all down hill from there--the RIC's and other attacks by people that supported the same individual everyone is writing about on this thread.  Read the first 5 pages of that thread as well -- some of it will make your head scratch....yes, it was all down hill from that post.    

Venus Petrov wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Not specifically but I would consider it a bi-product or symptom or extension of what was going.  The us verses them tone had become quite evident at the time.

deGebelin wrote:

@Celestiall, I remember
post all too well.  It has been all down hill from there--the RIC's and other attacks by people that supported the same individual everyone is writing about on this thread.  Read the first 5 pages of that thread as well -- some of it will make your head scratch....yes, it was all down hill from that post.    

Stormie, ma petite crotte, is that YOU?:heart:

JeanneAnne wrote:

How can people defend a souless, profit-driven corporation who treats people this way? Who makes creative people
pay
them to upload the content they create? Who lives off the creativity of talented people like a hookworm in the gut lives off your blood & tissues? Who arbitrarily bans people for expressing an opinion?

Jeanne

They provide a platform, a service, that each person has an individual choice about. 

Do you fault the paint bush company for making a profit selling paint brushes to artists?

Honestly, if you truly feel this way about them, why do you support them by your mere presence on the grid, adding to the concurrency numbers?

And if you care so much about the artists why aren't you buying their works?

Why should I have to tolerate you free loading in the world that my hard earned dollars are paying for?

We all make our choices.

Dillon Levenque wrote:

deGebelin wrote:

@Celestiall, I remember
post all too well.  It has been all down hill from there--the RIC's and other attacks by people that supported the same individual everyone is writing about on this thread.  Read the first 5 pages of that thread as well -- some of it will make your head scratch....yes, it was all down hill from that post.    

Stormie, ma petite crotte, is that YOU?:heart:

Hi Dillon :)

No, Stormie is banned.  I am deGebelin.  Can I read your cards, please?

"Do you fault the paint bush company for making a profit selling paint brushes to artists?"

The proper analogy would be the paint brush company selling the brush to the artist, then making them pay again for painting with it or for displaying & selling their work.

LL adds insult to injury by requiring the artist to pay upload fees and tier for a place to display their work and sell it from. This while those who don't contribute don't have to pay a cent. Do you think this is fair to the artist?

"Honestly, if you truly feel this way about them, why do you support them by your mere presence on the grid, adding to the concurrency numbers?"

Because I like the friends I've made in SL, like the music & the colorful eye candy. What I especially like is the free music tastefully selected by talented DJs and streamed commercial free.

"And if you care so much about the artists why aren't you buying their works?"

Sometimes I do. When I do, it's with $L I acquired inworld somehow. I like to shop in SL. It's just that I'm not going to buy $L with real money.

"Why should I have to tolerate you free loading in the world that my hard earned dollars are paying for?"

You have no choice but to tolerate "freeloaders" like me & the "vast majority" of other SL residents who play for free. You don't set corporate policy. LL does, and they've decided ~doubtless correctly~ that if they didn't offer free accounts there'd be no newbies. So if you don't like us "freeloaders" take your beef to LL. See if they'll listen to you ... LOL :matte-motes-tongue:

Jeanne

Perrie Juran wrote:

Venus Petrov wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Not specifically but I would consider it a bi-product or symptom or extension of what was going.  The us verses them tone had become quite evident at the time.

I disagree with you on this one Perrie.  Void's issue had nothing to do with any actual or perceived 'us v them' environment.  If she had any views on the matter, she wisely kept them to herself.  She may have been content to continue as a scripting mentor in SLF if she had gotten a response to her question.  What she got was silence.

deGebelin wrote:

@Celestiall, I remember

I was the one who started it  this  post.

I also tried to end it because I did not want to see Hippie's thread turn into a flame fest but I failed at that.  To which I apologize to Hippie for.

I am sorry about the aftermath that followed but I don't regret having said what I said because there were some people who finally found closure after my speaking up.

Hate and ill will and malice are horrible things and those who harbor them are always like seething cauldrons ready to boil over.  It's just a hard sad reality.

Venus Petrov wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Venus Petrov wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

I disagree with you on this one Perrie.  Void's issue had nothing to do with any actual or perceived 'us v them' environment.  If she had any views on the matter, she wisely kept them to herself.  She may have been content to continue as a scripting mentor in SLF if she had gotten a response to her question.  What she got was silence.

I should have been clearer.  I am not meaning to infer that Void's choice was based on the us verses them.  But that her treatment by 'them' was a bi-product of what was going on.  I would not presume to put words in Void's mouth.  In other words, that Void's treatment was a reflection of the other things that were going on.  Does that make better sense?

JeanneAnne wrote:

Rene Erlanger wrote:

Peggy Paperdoll wrote:

Jeanne

That does not surprise me one little bit.......bees to the honeypot! :matte-motes-sunglasses-1:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4454 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.