"Second Life Social Poll"

Lindal Kidd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4530 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In typical LL fashion, they posted an invitation to participate in a poll, and locked the thread so as to get zero responses.

But here's mine anyway!

I don't use social networks (aside from SL itself).  I don't like them, don't believe in them, and think they probably come from Satan.  By necessity, I have a FaceBook account and a LinkedIn account, but I seldom log in to either one and pay as little attention to them as possible.

I do have a blog, and I enjoy getting comments from readers.

lol, they just know the kind of responses they're going to get.

That said, I don't use social media to connect with SL members, either. I have a facebook, rarely use it. I sometimes use it to sign up for free junk on facebook :P I think I *might have maybe 5 friends, maybe not even that many anymore, don't know.

I don't use any of the other sites though.

Lindal Kidd wrote:

Now there are TWO forum posts from LL, neither of which can be replied to.

What is this, a dDoS attack?

Of course not.  How could a thread started by Linden Lab be locked unless it's the mods here?

When you see a word highlighted in green someone changed the url into a GREEN word, such as 'click here' or just 'here'.

ETA:  Oh duh Lindal, you have a highlighted green link in your signature. 

Get ready for Spamurday everybody.  Starts tonight, somewhere, sometime, but tonight, not now!

Lindal Kidd wrote:

Oh, duh!  The word "here" is a LINK!  I thought they meant HERE here, not THERE here!

Color me blonde.  Also semi color blind...I never noticed the link until y'all pointed it out.

Strawberry blonde at a push, really you're a ginger! how odd though to ask the question and then not enable discussion, the complete opposite of social networking!

I use twitter, flickr, facebook with pages, not with a profile and I'm not touching Google + with a bargepole until they allow people to post pages like Facebook do, without a personal profile.

Ciaran Laval wrote:

I use twitter, flickr, facebook with pages, not with a profile and I'm not touching Google + with a bargepole until they allow people to post pages like Facebook do, without a personal profile.

I have 3 Facebook accounts tied to 3 different email accounts (1 is my main SL Alt account) ...the other 2 are totally plucked out of the air.  Facebook don't have my true identity or my main email account.....same deal with Twitter

share.jpg

Really the poll is vague. 

"1. What social networks, sites or apps do you use to share your Second Life activities with others? (check all that apply)"

Others? Other residents?  Or others who are not yet involved in SL?  Or all of the above.

My guess would be they are looking for where we share our SL experience with people who are not yet involved.  But I could be very wrong.  In other words, where/how can we better promote SL.

Maybe the question is meant to be vague. 

Good Grief.  Do they have anyone left in the marketing department at all???

All they have to do is to type in some keywords to check.

keyword phrase #1 - Second Life - type that into google search, Linden Lab

keyword #secondlife - type that into twitter

keyword phrase - Second Life - type that into wordpress

etc,, ...............

now, LL....after you have completed tasks #1, 2, and 3....

let's get crazy with keywords.   venture out a bit.  perhaps...."Second Life Fashion"    perhaps "Second Life Blog"....perhaps "Second Life Builder"

holy cow.

Mickey Vandeverre wrote:

Good Grief.  Do they have anyone left in the marketing department at all???

Well, any good pollster knows you can influence the out come of a poll by the questions you ask.

And perhaps by asking it here they are looking for the results in a specific target group.

But your assessment is probably the most logical one.

Lets do a poll.  :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4530 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.