everyone miss megaupload

Previously

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4544 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i cant say i miss it, because there are other websites out there that cover for them, like Rapidshare, but i find disturbing the reason it was taken down.

Megaupload was used by people that wanted to share large files, legal files uploaded by copyright owners to distribute their products, and a lot of people had files stored in there that they were the legal owners of them like personal pictures.

the reason it was taken down was because some files in there were uploaded by users that didnt have copyright ownership, just like it happens with Youtube, Second Life, Facebook, anyone can make an account and upload anything they want.

Megaupload was compliant with the DMCA, it took down illegal files when they were found and/or they were reported by the legal copyright owners, using the reason it was taken down, any internet enitity that hosts user content must be taken down, because theres the posibility that some users may upload content that infringes copyright.

the fact that it was taken down without due process, it means that someone is guilty before proven innocent.

and another thing, why is the FBI enforcing a proposal of a law (SOPA) that may or may not become a law, bypassing current active laws like the DMCA? and why are the other countries like new zealand cooperating with the FBI, that is an internal national entity unlike the CIA, in enforcing a law that maybe will exist in the future?

the closing of Megaupload is a crime.

i could go with that if the owners paid users for illegal content.

things could have been handled better, for example, not closing the site until after a trial, after the owners had their chance to defend themselves, and there was enough proof of their innocence or their guilt, then maybe, a proper sentence could be arranged, maybe getting the guilty members pay a fine, in case they dont do it, get them in jail and in case no one else of the innocent employees can manage the website, close the website giving some time to the people who had legal content there to download their things.

im sure the FBI has already explored the servers looking for data about the people that was registered there.

Ann Otoole wrote:

Prolly should read this entire article:

Looks like there was hanky panky and the legit users simply lost out because of what the owners were doing. Paying people to upload pirated content is pretty scummy.

i don't believe anything the feds say...

they have been framing people since the day they started...

i find it too convienent in the timing..

oh look see the big sites are the problem..see what we did here..only a few short days  after saying bye bye to sopa look what we found?

it's too much like them to think we are so stupid to believe anything they hand to the press..

they need a new script..that 1950's bullcrap just doesn't cut it anymore..

they need bitch slapped for thinking we are still so stupid to trust them..

power punch for freedom.png

Well there is supposed to be due process. Eric Holder killed that and operates a blatant gestapo orginization. Clearly Obama needs to fire Holder for incompetence and treason and then allow Holder to be brought up on organized crime, gun running, and murder charges and let Holder be executed. It is the only way Obama can cover his own rear.

But hey nothing will happen without yet another 50 million strong internet revolt as happened with SOPA. In fact we need that effort to keep going 24*7 and all elected reps be hounded till they resign in disgrace or make laws against political corruption that carry a no appeal death penalty.

Ann Otoole wrote:

make laws against political corruption 

Unfortunately, ever since Citizens United, such laws would be unconstitutional.  The US Constitution, as interpreted by the Supreme Court, requires corruption of any candidate hoping to be elected.

I must say, however, that it'll be a cold day in hell that I regret the takedown of a Kim Dotcom enterprise.  The process is debatable, but the outcome?  It's not as if he wasn't begging for it.

Ann Otoole wrote:

Well there is supposed to be due process. Eric Holder killed that and operates a blatant gestapo orginization.
Clearly Obama needs to fire Holder for incompetence and treason and then allow Holder to be brought up on organized crime, gun running, and murder charges and let Holder be executed. It is the only way Obama can cover his own rear.

But hey nothing will happen without yet another 50 million strong internet revolt as happened with SOPA. In fact we need that effort to keep going 24*7 and all elected reps be hounded till they resign in disgrace or make laws against political corruption that carry a no appeal death penalty.

Unless Holder decided not to be the fall guy and implicate Obama.  I don't believe any of this happened without Obama's knowledge and perhaps was done at his instruction.

It is amazing what some people will do when they believe it is for the 'good of the nation.'  Can get quite scary at times.

I've been suggesting to my friends that they start E Mailing their representatives and letting them know that they are going to vote for Ron Paul unless they start getting their act together.  I figure that should get their attention.  :D

Perrie Juran wrote:

Ann Otoole wrote:

Well there is supposed to be due process. Eric Holder killed that and operates a blatant gestapo orginization.
Clearly Obama needs to fire Holder for incompetence and treason and then allow Holder to be brought up on organized crime, gun running, and murder charges and let Holder be executed. It is the only way Obama can cover his own rear.

Unless Holder decided not to be the fall guy and implicate Obama.  I don't believe any of this happened without Obama's knowledge and perhaps was done at his instruction.

It is amazing what some people will do when they believe it is for the 'good of the nation.'  Can get quite scary at times.

I've been suggesting to my friends that they start E Mailing their representatives and letting them know that they are going to vote for Ron Paul unless they start getting their act together.  I figure that should get their attention. 
:D

"I've been suggesting to my friends that they start E Mailing their representatives and letting them know that they are going to vote for Ron Paul unless they start getting their act together.  I figure that should get their attention.  :D"

Ron Paul represents "change you can believe in".  :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4544 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.