Giant Rock on Avatar...

Mayalily

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4647 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Earlier this morning when I was on SL, a giant rock was attached to my avatar -- looked more like a ginormous watermelon.

Anyhow, I right clicked on it, and it said 'created by Eric Linden'.   Under edit, it was called a ROCK.

Who is Eric Linden?  And, why did Eric Linden create it?

I also right clicked on it and clicked detach, and it is gone for now.  (Don't have time to log in to check again to make sure it is gone for good right now as I have to head out for lunch, but will be able to check later).

Anyhow, what is this?  And who and/or why is a creator named Eric Linden doing this?  It doesn't make any sense.  What is it's purpose?

OMG... you're being haunted by the ghost of a dead Linden Lab employee.

JK sweety... it's quite possible that your (I'm guessing Phoenix) viewer was trying to create a bridge and you were in a no-script area.  Go to a script enabled area and, well restart would be the easiest.

Good luck ...Dres

ETA: I only say that because that's the only instance I've ever heard of where a "rock" has arbitrarily gotten attached to someone.  I don't know for sure that the bridge rock would show up as being created by Eric, so I could be wrong.

I'm still here Dres, but I have to get ready to go out for lunch in about two minutes!

Anyhow, I was in my home when the rock was attached to my avatar.  I do believe my rental home is a non-scripted area of some sort, I think?  Well, I know on rental land we are not supposed to be running what they call "annoying scripted things" to help reduce lag. 

What happened is I just yesterday installed the new updated Firestorm. 

What do I do with this rock if it shows up again?  Do I delete it?  Does anyone know it's purpose? 

ETA:  Now that you've editted your post, yes it said creator ERIC LINDEN. 

Are you using firestorm. The firestorm bridge sometimes shows up as a giant rock (I've never had it happen, but have heard about it quite a few times). I checked, and yes, the firestorm bridge is made by Eric LInden.

If this is the case, detach it, delete it, then go to Avatar > Avatar health > Recreate LSL Bridge, and that should fix it.

Mylar wrote:

Are you using firestorm. The firestorm bridge sometimes shows up as a giant rock (I've never had it happen, but have heard about it quite a few times). I checked, and yes, the firestorm bridge is made by Eric LInden.

If this is the case, detach it, delete it, then go to Avatar > Avatar health > Recreate LSL Bridge, and that should fix it.

See... I knew I was right... lol.  Thanks for the further info.

...Dres

I do that sometimes... well actually not for the past 9 months anyway. Not that I'm preggy or anything .. oh Wait! I did that 2 months ago! Logging in at work I mean... not pregnant. I can never do pregnant. Scary stuff they say.

but what bothers me is that why you bothered to bother that she logged into SL when she is at work? You're not her boss, are you? Wait!... Are you my boss? I mean my boss is 45 yrs old and he's an adrenaline junkie. He jumps from planes to get his kicks. Seriously, I'm not kidding much.

Mylar wrote:

Worth noting that no, the Firestorm Bridge was not made by the former Eric Linden, but the rock prim the Firestorm team used for the Bridge was. Eric has not been with the lab for 5+ years now. The Firestorm folks are just using his prim.

(So can you, as his rocks are still in the Library section of your inventory.)

wiked Anton wrote:

hmmmmm, what bothers me is why are you logged into SL when you are at work?.....I dont know why eric linden did that...perhaps you can ask him?

What on Earth?  I wasn't at work.  How in tarnation did you get that idea into your head?  People have been sued on the internet for saying people are at work whether it's on Facebook or wherever they print that.  Where, pray tell, did you ever get such an idea?

I do real life with real life people called family on weekends, but I would like an explanation please of this nonsense you have printed here. 

As far as OP, bridge seems to be created fine.  If I have more problems with said ROCK, I'll have to check out more later this afternoon. 

I wonder why you are bothered when you get a free (!) rock ingame.

I never got a rock and i think this is not fair!

I want a rock too! noone gave me one, sniff ;-((

Imagine, what you could do with this rock! Use it as a paperweight,

decorate your house or apartment with it, place it in your garden,

between the flowers and the trees and lots of different possibilities more!

So be happy with your free rock or.....

detach and/or delete it or send it back to the creator, whatever you like to do

(use a hammer to destoy it would be fun too maybe or be creative and use it

like a sculptor to create a new statue)^^

Mayalily wrote:

wiked Anton wrote:

hmmmmm, what bothers me is why are you logged into SL when you are at work?.....I dont know why eric linden did that...perhaps you can ask him?

What on Earth?  I wasn't at work.  How in tarnation did you get that idea into your head? 
People have been sued on the internet for saying people are at work whether it's on Facebook or wherever they print that.  Where, pray tell, did you ever get such an idea?

I do real life with real life people called family on weekends, but I would like an explanation please of this nonsense you have printed here. 

LOL!  How does one get sued on the internet?  I would love to see any article you could produce citing a case where someone was sued for having falsely claimed someone was on the internet during working hours. 

Ima Rang wrote:

Mayalily wrote:

wiked Anton wrote:

What on Earth?  I wasn't at work.  How in tarnation did you get that idea into your head? 
People have been sued on the internet for saying people are at work whether it's on Facebook or wherever they print that.  Where, pray tell, did you ever get such an idea?

LOL!  How does one get sued on the internet?  I would love to see any article you could produce citing a case where someone was sued for having falsely claimed someone was on the internet during working hours. 

I am going to sue YOU now. You are on the internet while at work. No need to deny it!

Caitlin Tobias wrote:

Ima Rang wrote:

Mayalily wrote:

wiked Anton wrote:

I am going to sue YOU now. You are on the internet while at work. No need to deny it!

OMG! You caught me!  I'll trade you a vintage SL torch and a stick tongue out gesture in exchange for your silence.

Phoenix & Firestorm both use the Eric Linden rock in the Library to create the bridge from. The reason being that they need a prim that everyone has already, because they cannot put an object into your inventory. So it just uses a script to change the rock into a tiny invisible prim & attach it to your avatar. If you see the rock (or sometimes a hoop around your butt) it is because the scripts failed for some reason while creating the bridge, either because the region is extrememly laggy or scripts are switched off.

It's not difficult.  You get a supeona for an IP adress, and that sets the ball rolling.

Luckily, I don't work Sundays, but that person could be setting themself up for something else if he/she says something to hurt somebody and their job.

I work Sundays, eh Wicked, well were is the money for this Sunday job 'cause I'd sure like to know. 

Anyhow, how someone equates going out to lunch with working is beyond me.  Wicked has never heard of people going to eat for lunch or dinner on the weekends?

Bizarro post by Wicked.... wazz up dude?  :matte-motes-sarcasm:

Mayalily wrote:

It's not difficult.  You get a supeona for an IP adress, and that sets the ball rolling.

Luckily, I don't work Sundays, but that person could be setting themself up for something else if he/she says something to hurt somebody and their job.

I work Sundays, eh Wicked, well were is the money for this Sunday job 'cause I'd sure like to know. 

Anyhow, how someone equates going out to lunch with working is beyond me.  Wicked has never heard of people going to eat for lunch or dinner on the weekends?

Bizarro post by Wicked.... wazz up dude?  :matte-motes-sarcasm:

That is just nutty.  You can't sue people for insinuating that you were posting while at work.

Your response to Wicked's post is more bizarro. 

But since you are making up internet laws, how about a forum restraining order where you can't post within 100 threads of a poster that finds you irritating? 

Mayalily wrote:

Oh brother, it's called google for information. 

Well Miss Mayalily, since you are the one spreading the word on the forum that individuals can be sued for casting in print that you may be posting from your work place...you provide the proof, or, you could simply retract your statement and cease your fearmongering.

Mayalily wrote:

People have been sued
on the internet for saying people are at work whether it's on Facebook or wherever they print that.  Where, pray tell, did you ever get such an idea?

As far as OP, bridge seems to be created fine.  If I have more problems with said ROCK, I'll have to check out more later this afternoon. 

The bolded bit is declarative.  Ima just asks for an example or two to back up your statement of fact.

popcorn.gif

Peewee Musytari wrote:

Phoenix & Firestorm both use the Eric Linden rock in the Library to create the bridge from. The reason being that they need a prim that everyone has already, because they cannot put an object into your inventory. So it just uses a script to change the rock into a tiny invisible prim & attach it to your avatar. If you see the rock (or sometimes a hoop around your butt) it is because the scripts failed for some reason while creating the bridge, either because the region is extrememly laggy or scripts are switched off.

Thanks, Peewee, for the additional information as to *why* it was the Eric Linden rock versus, well, anything else. Makes sense.

Yes, this is an attempt to get it back on topic, go fig.

Marianne McCann wrote:

Peewee Musytari wrote:

Thanks, Peewee, for the additional information as to *why* it was the Eric Linden rock versus, well, anything else. Makes sense.

Yes, this is an attempt to get it back on topic, go fig.

Well, I heard that Eric Linden got fired because someone suggested he was on SL while he was at work, so he tried suing them.  But when that didn't work, he beat them to death with his rock, then fled the country... never to be heard from again.  Google is your friend.

...Dres

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4647 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.