"abuse appeal,"

kelly4u3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4794 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi

I am just wondering how this system can work or be fair, They say you can appeal but yewt they wont talk to you or reply. all they do is keep closing your cases when you try.

I dont want to be the kind to sneek in the back door by changing my IP or somthing, I want my fair day to be heard.

How can you call this an appeal process when you wont shair the evadence or even desuse it.

What am I to do???

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try snail mail or fax:

Submitting an appeal

Linden Lab takes violations of the Second Life Terms of Service and Community Standards very seriously. The decision to apply a suspension or permanent closure for your Second Life account(s) is reached after investigation of your use of the Second Life software and service. Residents are not allowed to participate in the Second Life virtual world if their accounts have been suspended or disabled for violations of our Terms of Service.

However, if you can maintain in good faith that the violations were not due to your actions or negligence, or the actions or negligence of others working for you, you may appeal the suspension or closure of your account(s) in writing to the address below. Please provide any relevant information that you believe would explain the violations we detected. Linden Lab reserves sole discretion in considering whether to take any action on a written appeal. If you would like to appeal your warning or suspension, you may contact Second Life Support, in writing, at the address below:

Attn: Account Reviews: Appeals
    Linden Lab
    945 Battery Street
    San Francisco, CA 94111

Or by fax: 415-651-9221

We also accept appeals filed electronically using the ticket submission process described above.

Be patient.  If you have been suspended or banned, you should have received an e-mail describing the violation and giving you instructions about filing an appeal.  If you choose to file an appeal, include as much factual evidence as you can to explain why you believe that an error has been made or why you may deserve leniency.  Avoid hysteria, rants, or accusations.  The review process takes time, and you should not expect any response other than acknowledgment of your appeal until the review is finished. 

Please remember that this is not a court of law.  We are using a service of a private company (LL).  The Terms of Service that we each accepted when we entered SL say, "You agree that Linden Lab has and may exercise the right in its sole discretion to pre-screen, refuse, or delete any Content or services from the Service or disable any user's access to the Service without notice or liability to you or any other party, including upon our belief that such user's conduct, Content, services, or use of the Service is potentially illegal, threatening, or otherwise harmful to any user or other person or in violation of our Terms of Service, Community Standards, or other policies."

A friend of mine in early 2010 suffered a three day ban once and I think used an alt that had been active before the ban to contact and do an appeal. Came back midway before the ban was up: for it was mostly about keeping the record clean.

I -think- she used an alt. She's a major land holder now, but wasn't back then - so didn't have, at that time, whatever direct phone number people who own what seems to me like half of SL get, like she does now... :)

Then again... she came back so quick because the ban was not deserved.

If what you did really was a ToS violation that is bannable, and it really was you that did it - then its time to just go register at Blue Mars or Inworldz or something and make sure you read their ToS ahead of time. LLs is unlikely to let you back, and will behave very harshly if they catch you back on an alt.

But if you didn't do it, or it wasn't really a ToS violation due to some circumstance (like my friend - she was banned for griefing, but the land she griefed was her own sim when we were messing around, and a linden then saw it when responding to some other ticket we put in, and jumped to conclusions), then it will just take time and perhaps making sure they recieved your appeal to get back.

ok  so far I dont disagree,  but my point to all this is I have done all I am to do with my appeals, and have been told case closed.  with nothing told to me or shown to me.

Sence I disagree with there findings i have submitted new cases in appeal and there closed with no reply.

How do I know after 3 good yeas of just fun liveing and a ton of money somone that dosent like me dident turn in an edited chat log or a doctored pic just to get me Banned?  I know what they say I did and I have sent letters trying to clear it up but no reply.

I want to be heard is all I am asking for,  not found guilty after 3 wonderfull years for nothing

Get a lawyer iam not joking  LL don't have to tell you anything or show you any thing and yet they wonder why so many have left the building,, LL need to be more like RL court we all know why and how if we ever putt in jail never in sl you will know why you was ban . Because LL wont be held for there wrong doing if there was any.

check your emails because even if they close them it will be on the case page and  in an email..

they should have told you what the problem was in the email account used for your sl account..

also on the case page there should be a reopen case button after the comments section where you put your comments in..

This is all good info.

I have recived my email notice with what I did in there eyes or somones eyes. But my point is still this.

After they send this they will no longer talk to you so you can try and explain or drffend yourself. You cant see what they see in the case. So tell me. How do we know somone that is mad at you dident just make it up. send in a report with edited chat log or a doctored pic??

I dont have a problem with TOS. I agree there is one. But 3 years of good liveing and 1 mistake that your not even sure you did or if it was just miss understood shouldent be the end with no talk.

I know in my case I will probly never win or get back onto SL even if I love SL but i do hope LL reads these and mabe works on this process to make it a bit more fair on appeals.

Wrong is wrong. but if you dont realize somthing you did is wrong or it was misreprsented is this system fair?

I say no

If you read blogs the only advice given is how to chang your IP to get back in. Well what if we want to respect LL and SL and get back in the right way? There is no way for us to do this.

Just a little side not to all this is my real reason for fighting so hard.

1. I dont feel I did what they say and now that I know what I did was close I would never again.

2. 200 friends gone in a flash. and if your use to liveing on sl for 3 years with no problems, who thinks of gathering emails. so i have no way of contacting friends to let them know.

That is the saddest part.

your life can be distroyed at anyones will

it had to be a pretty bad accusation for it to be a first time perma ban..

i know that cases can be reopened or respomnded to..

did they say anything at the bottom of the emails like..

To reply to this case, either Reply to this email, or visit the case page? which if you are banned from everything would be hard to get to the case page..so emails are about it..

thats where you have to keep appealing and reopening the same case..in emails..

they won't give you specifics like show you logs or even who AR'd you..

all i can say is keep trying.. how long ago did all this happen?

it took them a weeks worth of the run around to tell my fiance that the problem with his account was he hit the wrong birthdate on the slider when making his account..

he asked over and over what the problem was..then they led him on that it coudl be fixed and  he gave tons of information showing his RL age..

then they said they couldn't do anything because he was under 18..he flipped out  lol..he then  told them he would just make a new account like he first suggested..they said ok..make sure you use the right birthdate this time..he kind of said...DUH!!

• 4 weeks later...

2.5 Other Eligibility Requirements for Use of Second Life.

You may not use or register to use Second Life (i) for the duration of your suspension if you have been suspended from the Service by Linden Lab; (ii) at any time if you have been terminated from the Service by Linden Lab; or (iii) at any time if you are a person barred from receiving the Services under applicable law.

Venus Petrov wrote:

This is the way life works sometimes.  Forums can ban you, blogs can keep you from posting comments, landowners can toss you off without notice and you can login one day and see two n00bs trying out your sexbed. 

You're comparing apples and oranges - none of the above involve being arbitrarily barred from land you have paid for but can't sell, with goods you have paid for and possibly an income from rental you can no longer receive. There's no real financial loss in your examples, but arbitrary 'justice' from LL can incur a real financial cost with no genuine route of appeal.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4794 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.