Final Linden Homes Poll

21 hours ago, Devickah said:

I left Premium Plus because of the unavailability of being on water.  I hope Tiki will be PP and I'll go for it again!

It would be nice if PP members could hold more than one house. So either one 2024, two 1024 or four 512 plots.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:

I'm hoping for a tiki landscape that is very different from the stilt landscape - very lush with some craggy island cliffs and waterfalls, more Tahiti than Florida.

It's hard for me to imagine accomplishing that in a PP theme, because the size of the parcels forces a fairly level landscape with sparse landscaping. Difficult to do anything more lush & dramatic than low rolling hills when you have to accommodate a bunch of big flat parcels!  (It would be interesting sometime for the moles to do a terraced PP theme.)

I'm not advocating that Tiki be a Premium Plus theme, as I'd like to try one, and prefer Premium.  That said, why would a Tiki parcel need to be flat?  I know that a lot of themes tend to be that way to accommodate the variety of home models, and understandably so.  One exception is the Stilt Homes.  Many parcels for this theme have a decent slope to them, mine included. 

I see no reason why Tiki Homes couldn't be the same.  They likely would not have the amount of terrain variation that we would all love, as they still have to allow for the scripted placement of homes, but they definitely wouldn't need to be flat, thankfully.  

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

Personally I find it hard to believe that Alpine won the second spot over some of the other choices but we'll never know for sure.  

Ditto :(

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

It would be nice if PP members could hold more than one house. So either one 2024, two 1024 or four 512 plots.

Think what that would do for the availability of homes, which is already a HUGE problem in some themes :(

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kylie Jaxxon said:

Think what that would do for the availability of homes, which is already a HUGE problem in some themes :(

According to what I see, and I'm switch homes very frequently because of my business, most themes are available 24/7 these days. Only stilts on water are not always available (within an hour or so trying).

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 1

Will we get a new poll to vote on which theme will be Premium versus Premium Plus? :) 

If not, I am hoping that the winner will be PP and the runner-up P.  Being surrounded by snow year around does not sound like fun.  Wearing a bikini outside would just be silly.  On the other hand, Tiki mansions sound lovely.

3 minutes ago, ElVez Boccara said:

Will we get a new poll to vote on which theme will be Premium versus Premium Plus? :) 

If not, I am hoping that the winner will be PP and the runner-up P.  Being surrounded by snow year around does not sound like fun.  Wearing a bikini outside would just be silly.  On the other hand, Tiki mansions sound lovely.

I think Alpine will only be popular starting November until after Christmas.
The rest of the year only a few diehards and people who only want a platform up in the sky will occupy an Alpine theme IMHO.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

I think Alpine will only be popular starting November until after Christmas.
The rest of the year only a few diehards and people who only want a platform up in the sky will occupy an Alpine theme IMHO.

Well, it received enough votes to not only make the final poll, but finish second.  Either there is a lot of interest or someone was able to game the system to vote multiple times.  If it is the latter, then I hope that person is also willing to create hundreds of Premium (Plus) alts to help achieve the expected demand.  I will be very annoyed (and probably a little amused) if we end up with another Chalet situation.  

And yes, I'm still pouting that Santa Fe didn't do better.  

Edited by Matthieu Quander
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

According to what I see, and I'm switch homes very frequently because of my business, most themes are available 24/7 these days. Only stilts on water are not always available (within an hour or so trying).

A 512 m/ 1024 m Tiki theme should help to free up more Stilt homes, since there will be 2 themes with plenty of water access.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I doubt LL would view people having multiple paid accounts as a problem.

Right.  I never said it was a problem for LL.  It's a great thing for them, just not for us wanting prime locations.

4 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

SoP, Ranch & Med's at times, are difficult to get :(

• Like 3

I am trying to imagine blindingly bright white regions covered in blindingly bright white snow, everything covered in a greasy sheen of PBR slime because... new shiny?  You'd have to keep it night all the time or wear sunglasses.

People willl stick out giant green grass fields covering the parcel around their house anyway just like people do when they get a house on sand or a when they put a big prim sand block under their stilt on water. I suppose they could fill the entire yard with a super shiny and blindingly white skating rink. (It's the new pool!)

I imagine it would be very uncomfortable to spend many hours trying to  explore the new snow regions. 

I also have a really hard time believing alpine won in the polls too. I think someone stuffed the ballot box for their pet project and LL will pay the price for an unpopular theme.

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

I don't remember how I voted but it wasn't Alpine, nor Tiki, and I have little interest in either one - though to be fair I believe I had little interest in what I voted for as well, so there's that.

I can see where the interest lies in these two choices though, and it makes sense with the popularity of water parcels that Tiki should be the next PP+ and Alpine (in 2 sizes) be the next regular entry choice (as long as they don't over-populate the grid with too many of them, which seems to have been an issue in the past).

So, otherwise we're just looking at some new layouts for one other style, correct? Nothing else? Until 2025? Really? Bummer.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I am trying to imagine blindingly bright white regions covered in blindingly bright white snow, everything covered in a greasy sheen of PBR slime because... new shiny?  You'd have to keep it night all the time or wear sunglasses.

People willl stick out giant green grass fields covering the parcel around their house anyway just like people do when they get a house on sand or a when they put a big prim sand block under their stilt on water. I suppose they could fill the entire yard with a super shiny and blindingly white skating rink. (It's the new pool!)

I imagine it would be very uncomfortable to spend many hours trying to  explore the new snow regions. 

I also have a really hard time believing alpine won in the polls too. I think someone stuffed the ballot box for their pet project and LL will pay the price for an unpopular theme.

A lot of what you say may be true.  Even before PBR, I always had to tone down houses and things that were mostly white, it just seemed to glare a lot :(  Maybe it's my eyes (ageing, lol), but yes, with PBR will probably be more so.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I can only speak for myself, but I only rent a snow parcel for one or two months around Christmas. I'm not interested in living there year round, nor do I even want to visit in spring/summer.

If LL wants to make Alpine a succesful theme, then I think there are two options:

1. Invest in some sort of weather system, so it would only be snowy in some parts of the year, and just a regular mountain theme in summer. Maybe something like they did at the Fantasy theme, with different textures at different seasons.

2. Only have snow at the top of the mountains and regular mountain theme at lower altitudes. At least this would cater to people who do want to live at a snowy place year round, and people from parts of the world who's winter is at a different time of year.

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

i voted Alpine, and ill be happy if Linden do first and second place. either P or PP i dont care. 

I keep a snow plot in mainland ALL YEAR round and i go there all the time. I LOVE SNOW.

its also fun. and a lot of people Love snow and will keep it. 

Thank you Patch. and i cant wait for the new themes:)

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Vixen Firehart said:

I can only speak for myself, but I only rent a snow parcel for one or two months around Christmas. I'm not interested in living there year round, nor do I even want to visit in spring/summer.

If LL wants to make Alpine a succesful theme, then I think there are two options:

1. Invest in some sort of weather system, so it would only be snowy in some parts of the year, and just a regular mountain theme in summer. Maybe something like they did at the Fantasy theme, with different textures at different seasons.

2. Only have snow at the top of the mountains and regular mountain theme at lower altitudes. At least this would cater to people who do want to live at a snowy place year round, and people from parts of the world who's winter is at a different time of year.

i agree with you. and i think  Linden will do something like your option 2 :) like in sakura but with houses up the mountain. and with snow deco

• Like 2

Snow isn't just a "Christmas Only" thing.

It's a winter thing.  Snow falls between November to March in the northern hemisphere and from May to September in the southern hemisphere.

And most importantly, only the southern hemisphere people are allowed to have penguins in their snowy sims. 😜

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

I'm curious how the snow covered parcels on the mainland do?  Are they full or sparely occupied?  I'm sure someone here has some idea. ;)

When it comes to Mainland, snow parcels seem to be purchased/rented more often during the holidays, then left behind a short while after it ends... it's a cycle I've observed time and time again. However, some people stick around regardless of all of that because they simply love snow. Myself included. I fully agree with this:

2 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Snow isn't just a "Christmas Only" thing.

• Like 3