Your theme ideas please?

7 minutes ago, AzureWaves said:

When the real voting happens, they should restrict it to premium members only to prevent people voting a dozen times.

That might sound good , but say someone has a basic account and the home chosen is one they like enough to become premium....its possible.

• Like 3

Just had an idea.  Could they do a truly seasonal LH continent?

In the fall, it's autumnal and Gothic homes (Halloween!), in the summer it's Tiki w/huts, in the winter it's snowy with glacial waters.

When the seasons change, you keep your parcel, but anything you have on it is returned, and a random seasonal style is rezzed.

It would be a lot of work for the moles to create, but I would live there for a year or two, what fun!

• Like 4

On 6/27/2024 at 4:24 PM, Thea Amethyst said:

image.thumb.jpeg.5c9195144bda666e798f3af2d467d433.jpeg

I would love to see a snowy (or not) mountain theme where the homes are on tiered levels of hills so that each one has an obstructed view from the backyard.  The ones on the ground tier could have a view of a lake/pond/stream.

They should have done this the first time. That ship has sailed for me.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Holocluck Henly said:

They should have done this the first time. That ship has sailed for me.

It would be kind of cool if they were to go back and give us four seasons for some of the existing themes, I don't know if that would fly so well with all of the residents though.  Plus, it would be a lot of work to go back through all of the assets they have already created, and modify them for each season.  

Actual weather effects would be nice as well,  rain in some regions, thunderstorms, in more desert like regions perhaps sand storms.  Now I am letting my imagination get the better of me.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

When the seasons change, you keep your parcel, but anything you have on it is returned, and a random seasonal style is rezzed.

It would be a lot of work for the moles to create, but I would live there for a year or two, what fun!

Are you serious?  So every 3 months you log in and find your LL parcel/home totally empty, all your stuff in your lost&found folder, and you then not only have to find it all and re-rez it in the right spot, but you also need to then completely change the way you have parcel set up just to match the new theme?

How much work this is for the Moles I think is the least of this idea's problem  o.O

This would need to be a fairly small theme because I don't see thousands of people lining up to experience this upheaval 4 times a year xD

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Just had an idea.  Could they do a truly seasonal LH continent?

In the fall, it's autumnal and Gothic homes (Halloween!), in the summer it's Tiki w/huts, in the winter it's snowy with glacial waters.

The fantasy Bellisseria regions have seasonal changes, the colors of the crystals and glowy bits and different plants change colors. I would hate for the theme itself to change without me changing it. Just decorate for each holiday and/or season and  put the scenes in rezzers for easy setup next time.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

Are you serious?  So every 3 months you log in and find your LL parcel/home totally empty, all your stuff in your lost&found folder, and you then not only have to find it all and re-rez it in the right spot, but you also need to then completely change the way you have parcel set up just to match the new theme?

How much work this is for the Moles I think is the least of this idea's problem  o.O

This would need to be a fairly small theme because I don't see thousands of people lining up to experience this upheaval 4 times a year xD

It would be simpler to have the same house, and change the trees and ground texture seasonally?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Eowyn Southmoor said:

I seriously doubt it would be a mandatory theme. It'd most likely be like any other theme. Totally up to personal preference. So if that's not your jam then you just don't choose it. I would love it though. I get BORED far too easily! 😈

Now, as far as execution and the Moles having to perform miracles, that would be a logistical nightmare for everyone involved in that project! Not to say they aren't magical (they are, prove me wrong!) It'd just be a LOT.

Another thought though; It'd be great for promotions and games to get people involved in that type of community throughout the year. Tons of possibilities and a way to spin it.

Edited by Nyxie Nebula
for clarity

On 7/1/2024 at 11:47 PM, AzureWaves said:

When the real voting happens, they should restrict it to premium members only to prevent people voting a dozen times.

One can always be premium again. For me, the house has always been the Perk with capital P.

If the theme and the house models does not appeal to me, the other "perks" of premium means little.

The stipend matters too, but not so much that it is the sole reason to be premium.

I had several alts on premium, but as I had decorated and "worn out" the themes I liked, I let them all go on basic... and finally myself on basic. I need a theme now that is good enough to drop the place I am renting.

• Like 4