LL has sucked all the fun out of it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

Back to pumpkin avatars...  A Ruckus Couch, pine cone gnomes, two glasses of  Chartreuse liqueur-  and matching chartreuse modesty underwear for pumpkin girl.  This does not look good.  Are those the kids on the table?  

c68d317b6ed7590f44e645144666789a.jpg

Jay.....is that an Adult sofa or a PG one?

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

Back to pumpkin avatars...  A Ruckus Couch, pine cone gnomes, two glasses of  Chartreuse liqueur-  and matching chartreuse modesty underwear for pumpkin girl.  This does not look good.  Are those the kids on the table?  

c68d317b6ed7590f44e645144666789a.jpg

It's just gnomes. F@#k 'em. The tree-looking one, however... I'm not sure if they're allowed to sit with punkins. Trees belong with human women. Or grownup punkins. I can't tell the age of that punkin, it might just be making fun of the rules. I'll look up the average RL height, just to be sure.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I'm just concerned that certain keywords are flagged, not "will be in the future", but are currently as of right now.

I'm afraid every word we type is being monitored for TOS violations

Well, that's a solid basis of operations, when partaking in digital information exchange in any form. I hear you can even find letter paper, airmail envelopes, and other hand writing paraphernalia again in shops like the few department stores that are still weathering online business and didn't fold, unlike the stationery shops themselves. And that the carrier pigeons industry is on the upswing! Real-time communication is so overrated and so 2023 anyway.

PS. Our formerly pretty postage stamps, even the special edition ones for Christmas and so on, have barcodes now since a while, ruining the analog letter writing look and feel quite a bit. I'm not pleased.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

If every word we type in is now monitored, i can just imagine the postings soon ...

something like  ****** has a big ***** and LL is ****** ***** and I want **** to be ***** and ****. bye !

Edited by shireena1
added a video link and fixed a ***** typo
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

There sure seem to be a lot of forumites who recognize and publicly admit that they act young, dress young, look young, speak in a young manner, and like their SLex peppered with mommy and daddy pet names.

If I were them, I'd be paranoid, too.

That's a whole lot of "young" and a lot of traits for LL to consider when investigating TOS violations.

Best of luck, you guys. 

Today's Top Story: Users who break the TOS upset that they cannot break the TOS. Said one user, "LL has sucked all the fun out of it."  News at 11.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

1. LL doesn't want to ban a bunch of people. Users of SL are customers who pay to support the platform. They only want to ban people who are actually creating problems for the company. 

2. If someone is worried that their RP might fall under scrutiny, they should adjust it to be safer.

Make your avatar look over 18 if you're going to be sexual, or don't act sexual if it clearly looks under 18.

Don't do sketchy stuff in public where you could be reported by someone. Don't do sketchy stuff with people you don't know, who might try to entrap you. (People involved in RL BDSM or who are homosexual in countries in which this is against the law have far more reason to be cautious & know to be careful.)

Read the updated TOS & the FAQs about them.

If you're worried about AI scanning IMs , think of new pet names that might be safer than "Daddy". What about "Poppy"?

so yea, watch everything you do in case the AI catches something sketchy and reports you.

I'm starting to see why people don't even chat using IMs any more, but use an external server.

LL you have truly sucked all the fun out of SL. Thanks a lot

• Haha 1

@BilliJo Aldrin, Are you actually worried or do you just enjoy stirring the pot?

I was playing with my bf, was calling him daddy, and though, oh crap, is this gonna trigger the AI for an investigation?

It's not stirring the pot, sorry its just the way it is in SL in 2024

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

"continue in that vein" do you mean actively as in agreeing with him and in not reaffirming my actual age which should be assumed to be at least 18+ without me having to state so to one and all?

The guy I was doing was still pushing the envelope. At one point he said he was away for so long because he was  working hard to provide a home for me and my sister. Dude I'm over 18 remember, you don't need to provide a home (which he doesn't it was just more rp crap), I have 5 homes of my own, while he doesn't have a pot to piss in.

In the end when it was time to go, he got abusive, but I logged out anyway. When i logged back in I blocked and unfriended him.

One less Daddy to worry about. 😂

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

If I thought the RP might get weird for me, I'd discuss my limits first. If he pulled something I didn't like in the middle of things, I'd teleport away, then tell him why. 

For instance, I was going to RP with a guy who wanted me to play his mother or sister. I suggested playing his step-sister (with an over 18 year old shape). We actually had fun talking in local at a pool in an adult sim, roleplaying the lead up to the actual act. The hopping in bed part later was pretty boring for me, but I think he enjoyed it.

If a guy started to talk to me as if I were a 12 year old, I would say something like "I'm not comfortable playing a minor. That's not ok with me." I probably wouldn't report him though.

You are way better than me, I'd just leave and block him.

One thing I don't do, I don't play anything where I am the older party, no cougar, no milf, in fact calling me a milf will get you kicked out of bed faster than anything. I'm not gonna be playing to your Mrs Robinson fantasies

5 hours ago, brodiac90 said:

I'm a child avatar and guess what I call my dad ...... yes you guessed it ... Daddy.... 

Am I worried? No ... 

I do not want to dismiss or demean anyone's fears but hopefully alleviate them. If I as a child avatar do not worry about this then I think adults can have even more confidence. LL does not care about what you do with other consenting adults so long as what you do does not break the TOS. 

At the start of all this I was very worried and concerned about a lot of the changes but as LL have explained and clarified more and more I have become less and less anxious. 

yea, but you don't have sex with your daddy. I call a guy daddy when I'm having sex, and some LL official might raise an eyebrow, raise both eyebrows and scowl, then I might be in trouble

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I'm sorry, but surely Rowan answered the OP, and addressed literally everything that has been said, in the third post in this thread.

I went to the trouble just now of thoroughly checking Friday's thread, and did not see any participation by the OP or main other person showing concern. So, despite myself, I find it "believable" that they missed the TOS FAQ update and discussion last Friday.,

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

yea, but you don't have sex with your daddy. I call a guy daddy when I'm having sex, and some LL official might raise an eyebrow, raise both eyebrows and scowl, then I might be in trouble

If it's clearly two consenting adults then I don't think you have anything to worry about. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I call a guy daddy when I'm having sex, and some LL official might raise an eyebrow, raise both eyebrows and scowl, then I might be in trouble

Idea: you could get someone to RolePlay an LL official who disapprovingly watches you and your Daddy. Don't knock it until you try it.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Idea: you could get someone to RolePlay an LL official who disapprovingly watches you and your Daddy. Don't knock it until you try it.

Might get in trouble for impersonating a Linden though. 

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Who is gonna read 10 pages and 4 links?

So you simply don't want to be informed.
Now that is a game changer, isn't it?

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

The following post contains a lot of sarcasm:

Oh yeah, the Lindens are so monitoring all sexual activity in Second Life.
Dozens of Lindens are assigned to that task every hour of the day. Monitoring hundreds of couples who are at it every hour of the day.
Now it is clear why land prices are so high.

Perma banned because one says daddy. Yeah, better go to one of the SL clones out there.
Ask the verified reliable rumor sources for more information about those worlds.

Damn, I did not catch a single fish last night.
Y'all are stirring the waters too much I guess.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

LL, if you are hiring NSA sex police: I feel I am qualified, as I have mashed Ken and Barbie together, and also have read a lot of bad fiction on this forum in threads much like this one. 

Edited by stlshayne
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, brodiac90 said:

If it's clearly two consenting adults then I don't think you have anything to worry about. 

i know, but the AI will still flag the chat, and it will be up to a LL employee to say, nothing to see here, carry on…. this time 😬

Oh wait, she was wearing pigtails and mary janes at the time? puts it all on the scales….. and declares….

AP…. banned 😂

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
added stuff

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I’d do  an LL employee, but I’m afraid he might want me to play a child

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

The following post contains a lot of sarcasm:

Oh yeah, the Lindens are so monitoring all sexual activity in Second Life.
Dozens of Lindens are assigned to that task every hour of the day. Monitoring hundreds of couples who are at it every hour of the day.
Now it is clear why land prices are so high.

Perma banned because one says daddy. Yeah, better go to one of the SL clones out there.
Ask the verified reliable rumor sources for more information about those worlds.

Damn, I did not catch a single fish last night.
Y'all are stirring the waters too much I guess.

AI does it for free, set it up and it runs 24/7, flagging posts for investigation.

Ask @Coffee Pancake how her two friends, on different sims, one presenting as a child got banned because they started talking sex in IM.

Whats even worse, how did LL know that the avi was a child at the time? so its even more invasive than monitoring IMs

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 111 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.