LL has sucked all the fun out of it.

1 hour ago, Sid Nagy said:

People all had to agree with the new ToS on signing in with Second Life.
Not reading it and just clicking to get over with it is not Linden Lab's fault, is it?

As has been discussed in the 2342 pages of different threads about this subject already over the last month.

Who is gonna read 10 pages and 4 links?

2 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:
2 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

That seems new. I don't remember that being in the FaQ before. Sounds like that FaQ was put out half done and then expanded on without notifying people of an update. Any case when does the term of endearment cross a threshold from where it is considered such a term to being considered to refer to another as an actual child avatar? 

This complicates it more instead of simplifying it.

They posted the revisions Friday.  

Hard to believe neither OP or BJ were in the discussions about the FAQ updates. Guess someone could go check..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arielle Popstar said:

What if they AR you for calling them that? How would you know and they would have the right to do so as you might be coming on to them as a child avatar.

I certainly wouldn't be coming on to anyone while representing as a child avatar and if someone were doing that, then they should be ARed. 

They have said multiple times in multiple places that they look at MANY factors.  Whether you choose to believe them or not is on you.  If you or anyone chooses to live in fear, nothing LL says will be good enough for you.  

Nothing in my look says child.  Nothing in my profile or groups or past IMs gives any indication whatsoever that I've ever even hinted at RPing less than 18 so I'm not concerned in the least.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just when I thought the roaring paranoia in the forums couldn't possibly roar any loader, someone finds a new way to do it. The real drama is enough.  Do we need to imagine more of it?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

As far as the policy about sexual roleplay with someone presenting as under 18,

NONE.

OF.

THIS.

HAS.

CHANGED.

SINCE.

If you're doing the same thing now that you were doing then, either you're not in trouble or you've been lucky for a long time.

Then why did the Lab feel the need to change the ToS and give us an in depth FaQ? Something changed and if you didn't realize that, you're more in the dark then a lot of us.

• Haha 2

I think some people are actually worried, but they don't need to be. Others might enjoy the attention they get by baiting those who will likely disagree with them. I leave it to the forum regulars to imagine which people have which motivations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

You've made it clear you are 18+..

Where's the problem?

My grandmother calls my grandfather dad and he calls her mom.  I call my husband daddy and he calls me mom. Mostly in front of the kids but not always in front of the kids..

It's pretty normal for parents to call each other that..

The problem is having your ims come under scrutiny because the word "Daddy" triggered the AI monitoring all chats to flag it for a Linden to review, that's the problem, I don't even like being suspected when I've not done anything wrong.

Maybe I should have set a different topic, "How would you feel about your IMs being flagged for using the word Daddy" in adult play

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Just when I thought the roaring paranoia in the forums couldn't possibly roar any loader, someone finds a new way to do it. The real drama is enough.  Do we need to imagine more of it?

Because their clarifications led to more questions maybe.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I have a couple of boyfriends that like to be called Daddy while we play. After I make it clear I'm over 18, we get into it.

But now, the whole time I'm emoting I'm thinking, is the convo gonna be flagged and some Linden is gonna read it and go omg its AP, and cancel our accounts?

It's total BS

Thanks a lot Linden Lab for making a harmless pretend session a possible termination event.

Your in world profile alone should've gotten you terminated.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

The problem is having your ims come under scrutiny because the word "Daddy" triggered the AI monitoring all chats to flag it for a Linden to review, that's the problem, I don't even like being suspected when I've not done anything wrong.

Maybe I should have set a different topic, "How would you feel about your IMs being flagged for using the word Daddy" in adult play

If it's adult play then it shouldn't be a problem.

I mean if they use daddy as a trigger word then they are going to be barking up a wide tree, because just in sugar daddies alone they probably clog up the system.. hehehe

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Istelathis said:

Maybe if I call Anubis Daddy, he'll finally give me a long island iced tea.. it is worth a try.

Anubis.thumb.jpg.df3901ad4a6562c307609b77e01d5a1a.jpg

bleh.. still refuses to serve me.  I think it might be because I called him anumbis, I'll have to try again later.

It’s time you try another bar with better service. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Not for people who understand the RP. It just raises more questions. 

"If you are an adult avatar, engaging in adult activity as an adult avatar with another adult avatar not role playing as a child, the new policy will have no effect on your activities."

This is a manufactured crisis.

Have fun with it 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

What AI Monitoring? Lol. I don't think they have that kinda thing in SL. They generally leave it up to the users. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Because their clarifications led to more questions maybe.

So what would make you happy?    A height requirement?  Bust size requirement?   Facial hair for men?  It's ok to look like you're 16 as.long as you say you're +18?

Tell me what exactly can LL say to assuage your fears?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ceka Cianci said:

If it's adult play then it shouldn't be a problem.

I mean if they use daddy as a trigger word then they are going to be barking up a wide tree, because just in sugar daddies alone they probably clog up the system.. hehehe

Who knows what the trigger words are? APers would certainly use the word daddy, better check out everyone just in case, you wouldn't want an AP getting through.

1 minute ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

What AI Monitoring? Lol. I don't think they have that kinda thing in SL. They generally leave it up to the users. 

LOL, LL said they were bringing in new proactive measures to monitor compliance. I think they meant more than snitches

7 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I certainly wouldn't be coming on to anyone while representing as a child avatar and if someone were doing that, then they should be ARed. 

They have said multiple times in multiple places that they look at MANY factors.  Whether you choose to believe them or not is on you.  If you or anyone chooses to live in fear, nothing LL says will be good enough for you.  

Nothing in my look says child.  Nothing in my profile or groups or past IMs gives any indication whatsoever that I've ever even hinted at RPing less than 18 so I'm not concerned in the least.  

Many factors like what? So many questions not answered like how often or even just once. Is there a time limit for how far back they go? What if one of my picture changes was of a 16 year old last year and then 6 months ago I called someone daddy who then RP'ed like I was 12? Would I then be considered a child avatar even though the RP on his side pretended I was 12 or am I guilty too just for not reaffirming in the middle of the session that I was really 18+? Just way too many factors that could be used if Governance is trying to prove guilt rather than innocence.

I get it if you RP a thirty year old all the time, you don't appreciate the intricacies but that doesn't mean they aren't there.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

1. LL doesn't want to ban a bunch of people. Users of SL are customers who pay to support the platform. They only want to ban people who are actually creating problems for the company. 

2. If someone is worried that their RP might fall under scrutiny, they should adjust it to be safer.

Make your avatar look over 18 if you're going to be sexual, or don't act sexual if it clearly looks under 18.

Don't do sketchy stuff in public where you could be reported by someone. Don't do sketchy stuff with people you don't know, who might try to entrap you. (People involved in RL BDSM or who are homosexual in countries in which this is against the law have far more reason to be cautious & know to be careful.)

Read the updated TOS & the FAQs about them.

If you're worried about AI scanning IMs , think of new pet names that might be safer than "Daddy". What about "Poppy"?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

"If you are an adult avatar, engaging in adult activity as an adult avatar with another adult avatar not role playing as a child, the new policy will have no effect on your activities."

This is a manufactured crisis.

Have fun with it 

You're manufacturing a superficiality that completely misses the complexities of what is considered an adult, as did the FaQ. Yay you.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I find it fascinating that half the people posting on this thread just post to say its a troll/drama thread and they are gonna ignore it.

Ummmm.. well why post at all then?

The forums are better than a soap opera. 🍿

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Who knows what the trigger words are? APers would certainly use the word daddy, better check out everyone just in case, you wouldn't want an AP getting through.

So you think they are going to NSA the incoming grid communication, rather than set an A.I. loose on something reported?

2 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

1. LL doesn't want to ban a bunch of people. Users of SL are customers who pay to support the platform. They only want to ban people who are actually creating problems for the company. 

This is commonly assumed but has no real base in concrete evidence. The only money LL really makes from many of us is service fees. Individually that isn't much. LL makes its money from land fees. Noone has to be inworld for that and in fact causes a load on their server for which they pay Amazon. We're an expense, not an income. The less of us there are, the less expenses the Lab has!

• Like 1