Discuss or Comments about Child, Adult, Can't Tell Thread

Posted (edited)

I think this  thread is a great idea.

However I would like to comment more. I'm personally rating some as confused. Not because I'm out to get them but because they would genuinely make me look at their profile, groups and so on if I were running an adult venue. 
So what I would do in these cases is look for other clues.  For instance I wouldn't be surprised to see a pick on one very beautiful avatar that @ValKalAstra made that said she's roleplaying a rebellious (underage) teen, but if she said nothing in her picks and had no other clues or simply said she was 18 I would just move on because to me she could either be presenting as adult or underage.

So...thoughts about the pictures in that thread since we shouldn't comment there?  Yes, I know this thread could go horribly wrong. I doubt I'll police it if does. I would prefer if you keep comments about pictures in that thread though for comprehension's sake but ehh.. have at it either way.

Edited by Chery Amore
typo's what else is new?
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

I have to say that the proportion preference in some of those pics are comical :'D... BUT those do look like they could be adults or teens, depending on how much makeup is removed. None of them were ones i'd immediately think " Man, you sus af".  At least so far... * Waits for actual sus one to get posted*

• Like 4

I think this thread is a good idea, so far anyway, because it allows people to say what features brought them to their opinion.  That would be more helpful to people trying to create an avatar that looks like an adult instead of an underage teen.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Midnoot said:

I have to say that the proportion preference in some of those pics are comical :'D... BUT those do look like they could be adults or teens, depending on how much makeup is removed. None of them were ones i'd immediately think " Man, you sus af".  At least so far... * Waits for actual sus one to get posted*

Well there was no "reaction" for pron star now was there? Lol

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Chery Amore said:

See I don't even think the "teen" in that picture would have to be labeled a teen here in sl personally. The child def looks like a child.

The 'CHILD" Avatar is what is of most concern to many.. LIke you said, after that from teens and up, I don't think most people care really.

As far as LL is concerned:

In some cases there may be an element of subjectivity as to whether an avatar (or other image) appears to be a minor. Objective factors which will be used to decide include whether an avatar has childlike facial features, is child-sized, has clothing or accessories generally associated with children, and whether, based on the circumstances, an avatar is speaking or acting like a child ("My Mommy says...").

Edited by Codex Alpha
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Chery Amore said:

Well there was no "reaction" for pron star now was there? Lol

nono, pronstar definitely had the best proportions out of them all if you ask me. It's the t-rex short arm syndrome that kills me. People think shortening the limbs to unrealistically short proportions equates to youth or something. xD

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If nothing else, I think if someone posts their pic and sees that a good portion of the reactions indicate a confused look it might help them to make adjustments to make sure most people see them as the age they desire. So having this here would be a good follow up for someone wishing more info on why someone sees them as they do. Maybe. :) Thanks for starting this. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Chery Amore said:

See I don't even think the "teen" in that picture would have to be labeled a teen here in sl personally. The child def looks like a child.

My RL cousin, now in her 70s has had that teen shape her entire life. To me the child in that picture looks at least 8 years old. I wouldn't use that mesh body if I wanted to look like a young child under the age of 7 or 6.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Even THAT flat-chested? 🙂

Ok!

For me yes, It would depend on what they say or how they are dressed though. She'd def be an edge case... depending on how she talked or dressed.  I didn't take into account how she was dressed in that picture though.. so I get your point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

If nothing else, I think if someone posts their pic and sees that a good portion of the reactions indicate a confused look it might help them to make adjustments to make sure most people see them as the age they desire. So having this here would be a good follow up for someone wishing more info on why someone sees them as they do. Maybe. :) Thanks for starting this. 

I tried not to guess anyone's "intent" in your thread, because for all I know they were ambiguous on purpose.

I'm really seeing how an "extra large bosom" does also contribute to making someone look older (assuming they are not "anime style").

And yes, some women are just flat/small-chested. I get that.

• Like 2

I guess with this topic, we have to take care the next time someone creates a "Hot or Not?" thread.

Don't want to be rating any of those "Hot" who we should "Not".

That's just wrong.

"She's hot!" "What are you thinking?!? She's TWELVE!"

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I missed this thread.

I wonder if people are going to call me out and say, "WHY DID YOU LIKE MY PIC?!? I LOOK 23 AT LEAST!!1!"

Not from me, no worries. At least I posted it because I have genuinely got no idea how old people would judge my avatar as, so thank you for your honesty.

As for myself it does pose an interesting conundrum and further emphasises the need for context, the importance of clothing, hair and so on. For reference:

And Virtues

This is the same avatar as in the opening post. Same proportions. Same head. Same makeup. Different hair, outfit and angle. I daresay this presents much older than teen, even though the qualities people are concerned about are identical (and if say, you disagree, I'd love to know, no hard feelings).

I'd also like to add that when I first made my avi, I did something silly. I put a picture of my rl self in a prim (I laughed at t-posing) and then made the proportions as close as I could. Then later on when I learned of sl and the height kick things, I sized up the avatar, this time using the Female Loomis Drawing figure that countless artists use to learn to draw women with.

So... Perhaps this comes out as a nothing burger but like people said. It's not just height, not just proportions, not just makeup, not just body language, not just context - it's all of them.

For example my pic in the opening post again:

My tomboy phases are usually insecure. I instinctively push my shoulders forth, hiding my bosom. My body language says small, vulnerable. Meanwhile the one in this post above? That's uh... Suns out, guns out, full of confidence.

Edit for clarification:

When I say picture in opening post, I meant the one Cherry Amore referred to on the other thread, for some reason my brain thought it was in this thread.

Edited by ValKalAstra
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I'm really seeing how an "extra large bosom" does also contribute to making someone look older (assuming they are not "anime style").

To me an extra large bosom indicates one of three things, either they are naturally endowed and have been since the later stages of puberty (typically 13-15), have gained a significant amount of weight, or have seen their favorite plastic surgeon. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ValKalAstra said:

Not from me, no worries. At least I posted it because I have genuinely got no idea how old people would judge my avatar as, so thank you for your honesty.

As for myself it does pose an interesting conundrum and further emphasises the need for context, the importance of clothing, hair and so on. For reference:

And Virtues

This is the same avatar as in the opening post. Same proportions. Same head. Same makeup. Different hair, outfit and angle. I daresay this presents much older than teen, even though the qualities people are concerned about are identical (and if say, you disagree, I'd love to know, no hard feelings).

I'd also like to add that when I first made my avi, I did something silly. I put a picture of my rl self in a prim (I laughed at t-posing) and then made the proportions as close as I could. Then later on when I learned of sl and the height kick things, I sized up the avatar, this time using the Female Loomis Drawing figure that countless artists use to learn to draw women with.

So... Perhaps this comes out as a nothing burger but like people said. It's not just height, not just proportions, not just makeup, not just body language, not just context - it's all of them.

For example my pic in the opening post again:

My tomboy phases are usually insecure. I instinctively push my shoulders forth, hiding my bosom. My body language says small, vulnerable. Meanwhile the one in this post above? That's uh... Suns out, guns out, full of confidence.

I think you look the same age in both. :) 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I posted my picture just for fun. Hopefully should only see likes. Can we put anyone who reacts any other way on a list? 

Edited by brodiac90
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1