Will The New TOS on Child Avatars Ensnare Short Adults?

6 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

LOL now you have to get the jury's verdicts on all the others, y'all can't stop at just two.

They aren't allowed here unless.I say so.

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)

I don't think it's based on height alone, but rather context. There seem to be two camps in SL: those who take the numbers on the slider literally, and those who adjust their size in relation to the furniture/buildings - which from my understanding is due to the limitations of the camera. In my experience it's easiest to just carry two shapes and swap them when needed.

slagememe.png

Edited by nieru
clarity
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

15 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

That's the point, my continued existence on SL shouldn't have to depend on the good judgement of people reviewing AR's.

I've been here over 14 years, but have never felt my SL existence is as threatened as it is right now.

And its too late, LL has already started the storm, with its new TOS. The only question is how far will it rage, and how many innocent people will it encompass, and ultimately destroy

THen don't do something that's near the line that could get AR'd. LL isn't going to give exact answers and you know it. If your enjoyment of SL depends on having bits being able to show, I'd say you have other issues that probably should be addressed.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Crim Mip said:

THen don't do something that's near the line that could get AR'd. LL isn't going to give exact answers and you know it. If your enjoyment of SL depends on having bits being able to show, I'd say you have other issues that probably should be addressed.

Probably most of us who been here 15 years or more probably have issues needing to be addressed but don't tell anyone. ;)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Crim Mip said:

I am an adult, i can show all the bits i want 😁

4 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

As long as your AV is presented as a non-ambiguous adult, you can in areas that allow that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Crim Mip said:

As long as your AV is presented as a non-ambiguous adult, you can in areas that allow that.

I'm totally and completely non-ambiguously an adult. The only thing anyone might question is my height, which while realistic by rl standards, is short compared to most of the giants that inhabit Second Life, or as I like to refer to it... The land of the Nephilim

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

Maybe just eat some cookies and get some more curves and you'll be right.  ❤️

People have said, oh just age your avatar a bit, a few face wrinkles, make your breasts sag.

This is a cartoon world, everyone can look perfect in every way, young and healthy. why would you want to show an old aged avatar?

We are immortal in here, young and beautiful for ever 😁

p.s. What kind of cookies 😂

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nieru said:

I don't think it's based on height alone, but rather context. There seem to be two camps in SL: those who take the numbers on the slider literally, and those who adjust their size in relation to the furniture/buildings - which from my understanding is due to the limitations of the camera. In my experience it's easiest to just carry two shapes and swap them when needed.

slagememe.png

swap them out when you want to have carnal knowledge of a minor perhaps?

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I'm totally and completely non-ambiguously an adult. The only thing anyone might question is my height, which while realistic by rl standards, is short compared to most of the giants that inhabit Second Life, or as I like to refer to it... The land of the Nephilim

You could just preemptively send in a picture to Kiera Linden and ASK if someone reported your avatar based on looks alone would you be banned.

Of course the answer is no but for some reason you fail to believe anyone. I don't know how many times they have to say "height alone doesn't get you banned".

• Like 2

the forums have a thread in the adult section, i've posted several pictures of myself nude, not once has anyone said, omg BJ you look underage, because if i did look underage, the picture would have been reported, removed, and LL would be looking closely at me.

Height is my only concern for an AR, and as everyone has said, they won't act on height alone. So I guess my fears have been assauged.

That is all, carry on 😁

bjbardance03.png

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

You could just preemptively send in a picture to Kiera Linden and ASK if someone reported your avatar based on looks alone would you be banned.

Of course the answer is no but for some reason you fail to believe anyone. I don't know how many times they have to say "height alone doesn't get you banned".

And the response would be, if you are so worried, make yourself taller.

umm no thanks, I'll take my chances 😂

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I'm looking forward to the attention..

Attention whooore #1 Reporting for duty.

Call me a bad girl, I dare you! \o/

hehehehe

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

the forums have a thread in the adult section, i've posted several pictures of myself nude, not once has anyone said, omg BJ you look underage, because if i did look underage, the picture would have been reported, removed, and LL would be looking closely at me.

Height is my only concern for an AR, and as everyone has said, they won't act on height alone. So I guess my fears have been assauged.

That is all, carry on 😁

bjbardance03.png

Ok, well totally different shape then the one with the dress. The dress showed that you had hips. This one shows no such thing. So, putting together the face, shape and your height....I'd be worried if I was in an adult venue.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Stop hanging out with wannabe basketball players. Pretty easy to do unless you have a secret fetish for them. 😄

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

The point that was made to you is that you choose to sail near to what you think is the edge even though you don't have to. It's entirely your choice. If you come a cropper because of it, you brought it on yourself, and you'd have no cause for complaint.

I honestly don't understand anyone's thinking who insists on being borderline just because they want to - except for the forum drama maybe, which is what I think this thread is all about.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

You've been foaming at the mouth about being short compared to Giants for years, and yet you're still not banned.

Maybe you overestimate the population of Giants.

Or maybe you should look at where you go to be picked up, as you seem to be visiting giant only enclaves.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

The thread has been devolving into a case of

Solution A: Yeah but...

Solution B: Yeah but...

Solution C : Yeah but...

More like:

Tiny Toxic Terror Tots: How about we dodge the ToS by not-a-solution-A

Sane People: Nope that's a violation, Comply, Leave or get Banhammered.

Tiny Toxic Terror Tots: How about we dodge the ToS by not-a-solution-B

Tiny Toxic Terror Tots: How about we dodge the ToS by not-a-solution-C

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Stop hanging out with wannabe basketball players. Pretty easy to do unless you have a secret fetish for them. 😄

some guys just like to be tall, one of my 8 ft fwbs dropped by this morning , i told him no smexy time for you until you adjust your height to six feet. He said yes ma’am and immediatly adjusted his shape.

thank goodness his endowment stayed the same size 😂

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

You've been foaming at the mouth about being short compared to Giants for years, and yet you're still not banned.

Maybe you overestimate the population of Giants.

Or maybe you should look at where you go to be picked up, as you seem to be visiting giant only enclaves.

methinks you exagerate, you’ve not been on the forum for years, unless you are that poster with the same posting style that disappeared just before you showed up.

I dont need to seek out giants, they are everywhere 😂

1 minute ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

More like:

Tiny Toxic Terror Tots: How about we dodge the ToS by not-a-solution-A

Tiny Toxic Terror Tots: How about we dodge the ToS by not-a-solution-B

Tiny Toxic Terror Tots: How about we dodge the ToS by not-a-solution-C

Your proposals don't sound sane to me. It is basically saying Let's get rid of 50% of the grid so supposedly Sane Residents will not be tempted to click bait. 

Since you say the new rules are to comply with the Mobile viewers anyway which you hate just as much, why not promote the idea that the Mac part of the Mobile viewers is not a good idea for the grid because of how much it will effect the well being of the Tiny Tots!