So what changed in the Terms of Service?

25 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

It certainly is but the new rule clearly state what adults are NOT allowed to do in regards to children.  That part, IMO, was sorely needed.

Well I'm getting more reports in and apparently it was tried to another one.   An its a bot.  I have to admit I didn't see that coming.  Weaponizing bots against us.   That is pretty low even for child hunters.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I just wanted to expand a little on a subject recently brought up here.

The new rules also empower child avatars more with clearly defined actions AGAINST them that are not allowed and reportable. 

Sharing fantasies about or promoting engagement in child sexual exploitation.

Sexualized commentaries about or directed at child-presenting avatars and/or any individual that identifies as a child.

Links to third-party sites that host child sexual exploitation material.

Expressing a desire to obtain materials that feature child sexual exploitation.

Recruiting, advertising or expressing an interest in a sex act involving a child, or in harboring and/or transporting a child for sexual purposes.

Sending sexually explicit media to a child or child-presenting avatar.

Engaging or trying to engage a child or child-presenting avatar in a sexually explicit conversation.

Trying to obtain sexually explicit media from a child or child-presenting avatar, or trying to engage a child or child-presenting avatar in sexual activity through blackmail or other incentives.

Identifying alleged victims of childhood sexual exploitation by name or image.

Promoting or normalizing sexual attraction to minors as a form of identity or sexual orientation.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

1 minute ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

If you are not a regular user of the forum you don't really understand what that means. :) but that's okay.

What exactly do you mean by that? Not everyone thinks their avatar is an extension of themselves. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:
pup·pet
/ˈpəpət/

noun

1. a movable model of a person or animal that is used in entertainment and is typically moved either by strings controlled from above or by a hand inside it.

doll1
    /däl/

noun

1. a small model of a human figure, typically one of a baby or girl, used as a child's toy.

Similar:
      puppet

marionette

figure

figurine

model

toy

plaything

That's more a physical object except a avatar is not it's digital it's just pixels on a computer screen.

Because a posting I made back on page 139, I will re-post part of it here because it is being partially reposted and not fulling showing what I said.

"For me, I have always thought of anyone under the age of 12 and younger is a child. I have always thought of anyone between the ages of 13-19, I considered a teen (teen is part of the number as fifteen). In SL, because anyone 18 and up is considered an adult, then in SL, I consider anyone presenting themselves as an avatar 12 and under in age is a child and anyone presenting themselves as a teen is between the age of 13-17."

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

You provided your opinion, I provided mine.

Mine was based on how and why some in this thread said they would be AR'ing for. What was yours based on?

5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Then why not assume those cases were for "the more severe offenses"? 

Because the ones who related their stories said that they weren't involved in those serious offences.

1 minute ago, Indy Melody said:

Because a posting I made back on page 139, I will re-post part of it here because it is being partially reposted and not fulling showing what I said.

"For me, I have always thought of anyone under the age of 12 and younger is a child. I have always thought of anyone between the ages of 13-19, I considered a teen (teen is part of the number as fifteen). In SL, because anyone 18 and up is considered an adult, then in SL, I consider anyone presenting themselves as an avatar 12 and under in age is a child and anyone presenting themselves as a teen is between the age of 13-17."

You can also quote an old post just like any quote (but it can require opening a separate browser window, quote to that one, the copy / paste to this one), that way the quote has the timestamp and a link back to where you quoted it from.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Wincil said:

That's more a physical object except a avatar is not it's digital it's just pixels on a computer screen.

You do realize that Jim Henson and even Sesame Street have used digital puppeteering. And even the those CGI suits, they are puppeteering a digital Dragon or even any other thing. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

If you are not a regular user of the forum you don't really understand what that means. :) but that's okay.

It's hardly a super-secret "inside joke", why not just say...

"it means sock puppet forum account used to parrot the opinions of an existing forum regular in an attempt to bolster their argument or simply provoke others and incite argument and dissent"

• Thanks 4

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

What exactly do you mean by that? Not everyone thinks their avatar is an extension of themselves. 

She's referring specifically to a sock puppet (look it up with Google).  My reply a minute or two ago wasn't talking about sock puppets but real puppets (or the digital equivalent of them).  Either way, a puppet is a representational figure that is controlled by a real person.

You might, indeed, argue about how immersed the controlling person feels in her puppet's behavior, so you raised a good point.  Still, whether you think of a puppet as an extension of yourself or as a toy that you play with at a distance, you are still in charge.  The puppet can't do anything without you.

Edited by Rolig Loon
typos. as always.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Wincil said:

People can look younger then they appear and that can include Asian people.

I am offended by constantly bringing up that "Asian people look younger". It is exactly like if a white lady hollered, "Black don't crack!" (People of color also age more slowly / get fewer wrinkles sometimes.) Your statements are offensive and racist.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I am offended by constantly bringing up that "Asian people look younger". It is exactly like if a white lady hollered, "Black don't crack!" (People of color also age more slowly / get fewer wrinkles sometimes.) Your statements are offensive and racist.

Yeah, I don't get it, any race can look younger. Lol. I don't know why people make it a race thing, when its a genetics and health thing. Lol. 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

How is that racist? I didn't say it is a race thing and again it's also a genetic thing.

Edited by Wincil

Just now, Sammy Huntsman said:

Yeah, I don't get it, any race can look younger. Lol. I don't know why people make it a race thing, when its a genetics and health thing. Lol. 

I think it is an excuse to use young looking characters / avatars.

• Like 3

Just now, Wincil said:

How is that racist?

Well look at your statement, you are basically painting a broad brush on every Asian person. When Asian people make up more than just your Eastern Asian counterparts, from like Japan Korea or China. I mean the Middle East is part of Asia too. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

Well look at your statement, you are basically painting a broad brush on every Asian person. When Asian people make up more than just your Eastern Asian counterparts, from like Japan Korea or China. I mean the Middle East is part of Asia too. 

How is it basically painting a broad brush on every Asian person? Again it's not my intention to offend anyone.

Edited by Wincil
  • Like 1

Perhaps it's best if we all just agree that there are certain racial/genetic factors which can have an effect on the rate and manner in which people age as well as cultural differences which effect our individual perception of age?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Wincil said:

I think a avatar can be extension of yourself 

Absolutely.  All avatars are. The question is really "How closely do you identify with your avatar?" 

Some people think that their avatar is just a cartoon that they move around on a screen. Others, like me, feel more connected to their avatar, as if a part of us was actually in world with the avatar.  I am Rolig Loon when I am logged in. The question of "immersion" is a very active question among SL residents.  It's really why a lot of people feel that they are being personally harmed or attacked if something bad happens to their avatar, but other people can just shrug and walk  away. 

Edited by Rolig Loon
typos. as always.
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2