Lab Gab?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 96 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Wasn't there supposed to be a Lab Gab tomorrow?

Post has been changed from Thursday to "airing on socials in the near future".

Dammit, I wanted to know about the mobile viewer!

Edited by ItHadToComeToThis
Wrote today instead of tomorrow
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, ItHadToComeToThis said:

Dammit, I wanted to know about the mobile viewer!

What did you want to know?

You knew it's being offered for any P+ users now (IIRC), right?

I've had it awhile but don't use it much, waiting for more to be fixed / some more functionality.

• Like 1

At the Concierge meeting just now, Wendi said it's still on for tomorrow (Thursday) at 10, I guess pre-recorded. She left these links in chat:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Did this happen? As @ItHadToComeToThis pointed out, the Feb 21 blog announcement offered "an all-new pre-recorded Lab Gab scheduled to air on socials in the near future" which I took to mean it would appear on YouTube with scheduling details to be announced wherever LL posts stuff these days. But I don't see it on the secondlife YouTube channel, so maybe it went straight to some social media or other? Or just wasn't (yet) uploaded at all?

Because I'm not Premium Plus, I'm not that impatient to hear about the mobile viewer itself, but now I'm curious what became of this video.

And I guess I'd be interested to know when I might expect to put it on my iPad, in case it's the killer tablet game that market needs.

ETA: I guess X is still a social network, kinda, and it got a post with date and time (but posted on the 21st, same as the blog announcement) :

Edited by Qie Niangao
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Qie Niangao said:

Or just wasn't (yet) uploaded at all?

I think it's safe to assume that as there has been zero featured and "blogger network" news posted since February 23rd. I'm not sure if it's related in any way, and perhaps it's just something broke on their end, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were more departures from LL along with the ones that have been discussed in the other topic here.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, steeljane42 said:

I think it's safe to assume that as there has been zero featured and "blogger network" news posted since February 23rd. I'm not sure if it's related in any way, and perhaps it's just something broke on their end, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were more departures from LL along with the ones that have been discussed in the other topic here.

Right, I know to what you're referring, but if that were a factor in this timing I'd have thought Wendi would know about that by noon of the 27th.  But yeah, that might have something to do why "I'm curious what became of this video".

(FWIW, the Concierge group meeting had a perfectly "business as usual" tone, as did the Simulator group on the 25th although there was quite a gaggle of Lindens at that Simulator one—which might have been simply because the meeting introduced and welcomed a new developer, Pepper Linden, to the team.)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I'm curious about the video to see if it is "honest" about the features currently being tested.

The initial "sneak peek" videos somewhat exaggerated what works and how it looks (by showing a beautiful video and no details).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/2/2024 at 6:48 AM, Qie Niangao said:

Did this happen? As @ItHadToComeToThis pointed out, the Feb 21 blog announcement offered "an all-new pre-recorded Lab Gab scheduled to air on socials in the near future" which I took to mean it would appear on YouTube with scheduling details to be announced wherever LL posts stuff these days. But I don't see it on the secondlife YouTube channel, so maybe it went straight to some social media or other? Or just wasn't (yet) uploaded at all?

Because I'm not Premium Plus, I'm not that impatient to hear about the mobile viewer itself, but now I'm curious what became of this video.

And I guess I'd be interested to know when I might expect to put it on my iPad, in case it's the killer tablet game that market needs.

ETA: I guess X is still a social network, kinda, and it got a post with date and time (but posted on the 21st, same as the blog announcement) :

T.S. Eliot

Burnt Nortion I

Time present and time past
Are both perhaps present in time future,
And time future contained in time past.
If all time is eternally present
All time is unredeemable.
What might have been is an abstraction
Remaining a perpetual possibility
Only in a world of speculation.
What might have been and what has been
Point to one end, which is always present.
Footfalls echo in the memory
Down the passage which we did not take
Towards the door we never opened
Into the rose-garden. My words echo
Thus, in your mind.
                              But to what purpose
Disturbing the dust on a bowl of rose-leaves
I do not know.
                        Other echoes
Inhabit the garden. Shall we follow?
Quick, said the bird, find them, find them,
Round the corner. Through the first gate,
Into our first world, shall we follow
The deception of the thrush? Into our first world.
There they were, dignified, invisible,
Moving without pressure, over the dead leaves,
In the autumn heat, through the vibrant air,
And the bird called, in response to
The unheard music hidden in the shrubbery,
And the unseen eyebeam crossed, for the roses
Had the look of flowers that are looked at.
There they were as our guests, accepted and accepting.
So we moved, and they, in a formal pattern,
Along the empty alley, into the box circle,
To look down into the drained pool.
Dry the pool, dry concrete, brown edged,
And the pool was filled with water out of sunlight,
And the lotos rose, quietly, quietly,
The surface glittered out of heart of light,
And they were behind us, reflected in the pool.
Then a cloud passed, and the pool was empty.
Go, said the bird, for the leaves were full of children,
Hidden excitedly, containing laughter.
Go, go, go, said the bird: human kind
Cannot bear very much reality.
Time past and time future
What might have been and what has been
Point to one end, which is always present.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Has anyone seen a Lab Gab announcement where the participants were not listed in the announcement?  This is very strange. Was LL unsure who would be interviewed (as in available) for the Lab Gab?

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Jaylinbridges said:

Has anyone seen a Lab Gab announcement where the participants were not listed in the announcement?  This is very strange. Was LL unsure who would be interviewed (as in available) for the Lab Gab?

Uh goodie, a surprise!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Jaylinbridges said:

I went back and listened to the link Pantera supplied to her recording of the Concierge meeting, and Wendi said the Lab Gab session would include "developers and such" so the plan at the time of the announcement (Feb 21) probably didn't include any big name appearances.

Finding Lab Gab announcements seems to be more difficult than I expected, searching the Blog history. There was one about the WelcomeHub's Community Exhibition opening that ended up being hosted by Strawberry and Patch but I don't see any names on that announcement either. On the other hand, the five SL20B Lab Gab live events were detailed in the omnibus birthday announcement.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

I went back and listened to the link Pantera supplied to her recording of the Concierge meeting, and Wendi said the Lab Gab session would include "developers and such" so the plan at the time of the announcement (Feb 21) probably didn't include any big name appearances.

Finding Lab Gab announcements seems to be more difficult than I expected, searching the Blog history. There was one about the WelcomeHub's Community Exhibition opening that ended up being hosted by Strawberry and Patch but I don't see any names on that announcement either. On the other hand, the five SL20B Lab Gab live events were detailed in the omnibus birthday announcement.

The original announcement did list who would be in it, he was one of them, and it was listed for Thursday. It then changed on the day I originally posted this to what it is now. Given the thing about the thing, it's probably the thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

14 hours ago, Jaylinbridges said:

That is because it was edited. The Wayback Machine will tell you differently.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 96 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.