What can’t you wear, have or not wear on a G sim?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 132 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Allowing only PG profiles makes sense for certain reasons..(like qualifying for inclusion of the data on other platforms, etc.)

But in any case. !!The children!! Think of the chirdrens!!!!

What happens and is displayed in SL, should stay in SL. Anything less and i'm outta here. There is this Privacy thing you might have heard rumours of.

3 hours ago, brodiac90 said:

If you wouldn't wear it in front of your 80 year old grandma then probabvly don't wear it to a G-sim. Similarly, I avoid A rated sims like the plague. 

Funnily enough, the bigger problem, IMO, is people who treat M sims like adult ones. 

I've never had any issue with what I've worn to any sim regardless of rating G included, but then again I don't go around dressing like a stripper, in a G sim which is kind of important since as far as I know underage users can still sign up to SL if their 16 [which is still underage even if not by much] and up.

https://lindenlab.com/legal/second-life-terms-and-conditions Secion 2

Under 18 Users. If you are less than eighteen (18) years of age (or the legal age of majority in your jurisdiction, if greater) and over sixteen (16) years of age, then you may access the General area of Second Life in accordance with our Content Guidelines and Maturity Ratings.

Agree with based off my experience, and don't even mean like being adult free, since you can do adult things on a M rated sim, but they have to be behind closed doors, but I've seen adult content fully on display in M sims and even once in a shop on a G sim.

2 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

What I've always wondered is why people have their naughty parts attached 24/7?  It takes a few seconds to open up Favorite Wearable and attach them if you stumble on an opportunity.   

Agreed, it just adds lag and is not needed. Maybe it comes from nether owning nor using said parts and having no need or want to do so, but this makes zero sense to me. All it does is let me know who's insecure enough with themselves to "need" those parts 24/7 instead of just when in use.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It kind of goes to show that common sense isn't really all that common.

If you would wear it in public in RL, where you may be around children, then the same kinds of thing would be OK on a G region.  If the thing you are wearing would get parents shielding their young ones eyes from you with lots of tutting then you crossed a line.

Simple.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, MissSweetViolet said:

I've never had any issue with what I've worn to any sim regardless of rating G included, but then again I don't go around dressing like a stripper, in a G sim which is kind of important since as far as I know underage users can still sign up to SL if their 16 [which is still underage even if not by much] and up.

https://lindenlab.com/legal/second-life-terms-and-conditions Secion 2

Agree with based off my experience, and don't even mean like being adult free, since you can do adult things on a M rated sim, but they have to be behind closed doors, but I've seen adult content fully on display in M sims and even once in a shop on a G sim.

Agreed, it just adds lag and is not needed. Maybe it comes from nether owning nor using said parts and having no need or want to do so, but this makes zero sense to me. All it does is let me know who's insecure enough with themselves to "need" those parts 24/7 instead of just when in use.

I guess I shouldn’t wear my maitreya hud 24/7 either. 😁

2 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

What I've always wondered is why people have their naughty parts attached 24/7?  It takes a few seconds to open up Favorite Wearable and attach them if you stumble on an opportunity.   

A couple of issues. 1 Are you meaning the locked #Wearable Favourites folder in Firestorm? How does one open it?

2. I have several Adult items I wear regularly which I keep on at all times so I don't have to refind them each time, nor have to reload all their scripts each time I put them back on, never knowing whether others can see whether the script is broadcasting in Local or not. This is all for a quick jump to a store to pick up an item and usually takes less time back and forth then the time involved in removing then re adding those items when I am back in an area that I might use it in. This especially is relevant for collars but does apply to a number of regularly worn adult attachments.

It is just too much bother and if you don't want to see adult stuff, don't inspect me too closely and don't run a What She Wearing app. It's an Adult Platform after all. I can show you where Imvu :) is if you need a greater degree of protection from seeing adult oriented objects. ( not directed at you Rowan)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I guess I shouldn’t wear my maitreya hud 24/7 either. 😁

No you shouldn't. That also adds unnecessary  lag, but given it's you I'm not surprised.... You've done a lot to show what kind of person you are in some other threads, at least here in SL. I sincerely hope you aren't that way in RL and if you are then I'm quite frankly surprised your not on some sort of watch list or that the local schools don't get notified about you.

Edited by MissSweetViolet
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, MissSweetViolet said:

I think any outfit is fine for a G-rated sim as long as there is no nudity. Even a stripper outfit is theoretically alright, as long as genitals/nipples are not exposed. But some people really violate the guidelines in extreme ways. One time I saw a fully naked man on all fours with a pig mask on in a G-rated hair store, bothering others with inappropriate IMs... people who do that should face consequences in my opinion. They know what they're doing. Especially since...

26 minutes ago, MissSweetViolet said:

underage users can still sign up to SL if their 16 [which is still underage even if not by much] and up.

That makes things much worse. I wouldn't care if he were doing that in an Adult sim, but that type of thing simply should not happen in General areas.

And yes, I've seen some of this as well:

27 minutes ago, MissSweetViolet said:

I've seen adult content fully on display in M sims

I wonder if people ever read the guidelines. My guess is that most don't (which is understandable), and only care or find out about them once they're punished for a violation that could've been avoided otherwise. However, some people might make a mistake due to not knowing any better, which is why they usually get a warning first, unless the TOS/Guideline violation is very severe.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Once upon a time we called Moderate regions PG. Apparently this was confusing to people who don't use the US system for rating the maturity level of movies, so Linden Lab changed the region ratings to General, Moderate, and Adult.

I've always considered Moderate to be like most places in RL, so it shouldn't be difficult to figure out what's appropriate in them. Unless you're in a strip club, at a nudist beach, or at a ritual that allows "sky-clad" participants, avatars should be dressed in public. Also, what one can do in private is different from what one can do in public, and what one should wear at a store is generally different from what one might wear at a BDSM club. Common sense and following the rules of the place should generally be sufficient to understand what is appropriate to wear or do there.

General fits what would be appropriate at most work places, in church, in front of one's grandparents, or in front of children. No public nudity or sexual anything.

Adult might be pretty much "anything goes", essentially the same as Moderate, or anything in between, depending on the rules and expectations of the place. According to the SL TOS, public nudity and sex are fine in Adult regions, but a region or parcel owner is free to set their own rules with stricter limitations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Clem Marques said:

I think any outfit is fine for a G-rated sim as long as there is no nudity. Even a stripper outfit is theoretically alright, as long as genitals/nipples are not exposed. But some people really violate the guidelines in extreme ways. One time I saw a fully naked man on all fours with a pig mask on in a G-rated hair store, bothering others with inappropriate IMs... people who do that should face consequences in my opinion. They know what they're doing. Especially since...

That makes things much worse. I wouldn't care if he were doing that in an Adult sim, but that type of thing simply should not happen in General areas.

And yes, I've seen some of this as well:

I wonder if people ever read the guidelines. My guess is that most don't (which is understandable), and only care or find out about them once they're punished for a violation that could've been avoided otherwise. However, some people might make a mistake due to not knowing any better, which is why they usually get a warning first, unless the TOS/Guideline violation is very severe.

Yes, exactly! I don't quite understand why some of this is such a hard concept to follow, besides the fact that common sense truly does seem to go out of the window in a lot of cases.

Edited by MissSweetViolet
Spelling corrections.
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

2. I have several Adult items I wear regularly which I keep on at all times so I don't have to refind them each time, nor have to reload all their scripts each time I put them back on, never knowing whether others can see whether the script is broadcasting in Local or not. This is all for a quick jump to a store to pick up an item and usually takes less time back and forth then the time involved in removing then re adding those items when I am back in an area that I might use it in. This especially is relevant for collars but does apply to a number of regularly worn adult attachments.

I don't take off any of my adult items or genitals. As long as they're not visible (hidden - the genitals HUD has a setting for that) it should be completely fine. If someone inspects you or uses CTRL + ALT + T to see invisible items, it's not your fault. That doesn't violate any guidelines, and since those items were hidden, it shows that you clearly were not trying to offend anyone.

As for collars, I personally don't see why that would not be allowed in a G or M rated region.

Edited by Clem Marques
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, MissSweetViolet said:

No you shouldn't. That also adds unnecessary  lag, but given it's you I'm not surprised.... You've done a lot to show what kind of person you are in some other threads, at least here in SL. I sincerely hope you aren't that way in RL and if you are then I'm quite frankly surprised your not on some sort of watch list or that the local schools don't get notified about you.

😳 (because we don't have a Wow! emoji reaction)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I have several Adult items I wear regularly which I keep on at all times so I don't have to refind them each time,

"Outfits" make this easier!

If you have an "Outfit" on then take off an item that was included in the Outfit - you only need to go into the "outfits" and it clearly shows you what you are NOT wearing that is part of the outfit. You just put that "back on" as needed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

😳 (because we don't have a Wow! emoji reaction)

Probably a bit overboard, but as someone with young nieces and nephews, I have a hard time forgetting her statement in another thread that quote; "LL was forced to ban virtual pedophilia due to legal pressures from various countries, its at the point now where teen avis are suspect and hounded across second life."

As if it should have to be forced and shouldn't be illegal by default. I'm not one to rehash things usually, but someone says something like that, and I'm going to remember it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Clem Marques said:

As for collars, I personally don't see why that would not be allowed in a G or M rated region.

There's "pet" and "dog collars".

Reminder that "collars" don't necessarily ALWAYS mean there's a sexual or D/s relationship.  Plus, "collars are not always open". 

IMO - In RL, "collars" are just a "fashion statement".

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MissSweetViolet said:

Probably a bit overboard, but as someone with young nieces and nephews, I have a hard time forgetting her statement in another thread that quote; "LL was forced to ban virtual pedophilia due to legal pressures from various countries, its at the point now where teen avis are suspect and hounded across second life."

As if it should have to be forced and shouldn't be illegal by default. I'm not one to rehash things usually, but someone says something like that, and I'm going to remember it!

I wouldn't judge you for your reaction one bit, it's probably how a lot of us feel but do not put into words. 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MissSweetViolet said:

It's true though that Linden Lab doesn't ban things unless it's legally or financially expedient for them to do so. If there hadn't been a RL concern with child avatars engaging in simulated sex, they probably wouldn't have banned it.

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

Reminder that "collars" don't necessarily ALWAYS mean there's a sexual or D/s relationship.  Plus, "collars are not always open". 

Agree with this, if it's not actively being used, I'd never think anything of it. I don't really see being an issue for anything.

Fashion chokers are amazing though! 😃

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

And sometimes they're hiding a neck seam. 😄 

• Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 132 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.