What can’t you wear, have or not wear on a G sim?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 139 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

If it was upto me I'd just BAN all child avatars.

Right, cause the children are the problem, and not your perverted attitude. Say that way if it makes you feel better, but remember what you are when you look in the mirror and remember that those "Arrogant Fake Child Anti-Adult-Activities" Happen to real children and that fact that you seem to be implying such things should go on, makes you no better then those low lifes who do such things to children.

Edited by MissSweetViolet
  • Haha 1

So I just solved the problem of not having a mesh head for now, by buying this tiny complete avatar.
But next question is, can I show my self on a PG sim with this clothing option?

V3KC6xt.jpeg

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, Clem Marques said:
8 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Well, as long as no one starts a flame war, it should be fine.

I wonder how long it'll take for it to happen :D

Yikes. Looks like the answer to that is 8 hours lol

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, MissSweetViolet said:

Right, cause the children are the problem, and not your perverted attitude. Say that way if it makes you feel better, but remember what you are when you look in the mirror and remember that those Arrogant Fake Child Anti-Adult-Activities" Happen to real children and that fact that you seem to be implying such things should go on, makes you no better then those low lifes who do such things to children.

I'm just gonna say it before the lock.

Not wanting child avatars around does not mean someone is a pervert. It just makes them a grouchy old meany.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Persephone Emerald said:

I'm just gonna say it before the lock.

Not wanting child avatars around does not mean someone is a pervert. It just makes them a grouchy old meany.

Agreed, but it's the attitude that somehow these bans on depict such actives should not have occurred that ticks me off. I know someone who was assaulted, I have nieces and nephews that before they were adopted by my relatives were abused in such a way, one by their own father, so this is a hill I will stand my ground on.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

So I just solved the problem of not having a mesh head for now, vy buying this tiny complete avatar.
But next question is, can I show my self on a PG sim with these clothing option?

V3KC6xt.jpeg

Don't take this the wrong way Sid, but quite frankly you look like complete Pooh.

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, MissSweetViolet said:

Right, cause the children are the problem

Yes, Fake Child Avatars in SL are the problem.

remember that those Arrogant Fake Child Anti-Adult-Activities" Happen to real children

The MINIMUM age to log into SL is 13, but only as part of an official educational program, and they are confined to said program's private estate region, and isolated from the rest of SecondLife.

16 and 17 year olds, are restricted to G-Rated areas only.

Any "child avatar" on an A rated region is either a) a FAKE Child, or b) Lied about their age and subject to an immediate ban.

So, NO, fake child avatars on an A rated regions, griefing the adult activities participants with their unwanted presence are NOT "real children".

5 minutes ago, MissSweetViolet said:

that fact that you seem to be implying such things should go on, makes you no better then those low lifes who do such things to children.

Oh LOOK! a gratuitous personal insult, in the form of a fraudulent accusation.

I'm "implying" that ANY child avatar found on an A rated sim should be banned.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

So long as you keep children on a short leash, they should be allowed most places. In RL, I mean.

Dogs should be allowed more places than children.

That's kind of funny.  When my husband and I rented our first home, the landlords were fine with the dog.  They were more concerned with whether we had children at the time since the previous tenant's children did a whole lot of damage.  

I didn't have my son on a leash when he was a toddler BUT I did have this cute plastic chain I used to strap him into shopping carts and when he got old enough to walk around the store, I hooked it on his belt loop so he couldn't go too far. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

So I just solved the problem of not having a mesh head for now, by buying this tiny complete avatar.
But next question is, can I show my self on a PG sim with this clothing option?

V3KC6xt.jpeg

I love Pooh!  *wink wink

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

The MINIMUM age to log into SL is 13, but only as part of an official educational program, and they are confined to said program's private estate region, and isolated from the rest of SecondLife.

16 and 17 year olds, are restricted to G-Rated areas only.

Any "child avatar" on an A rated region is either a) a FAKE Child, or b) Lied about their age and subject to an immediate ban.

So, NO, fake child avatars on an A rated regions, griefing the adult activities participants with their unwanted presence are NOT "real children".

Oh LOOK! a gratuitous personal insult, in the form of a fraudulent accusation.

I'm "implying" that ANY child avatar found on an A rated sim should be banned.

You seem to forget that adults will try to engage those avatars too, contrary to your imaginary belief, just because a child avatar is involved does not always mean the child avatar is at fault anymore that the adult is always at fault.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

I don't mind if people choose child avatars, as long as they don't talk baby talk.
I worked over 35 years with children on a dayly basis, and they never ever talk baby talk when they no longer a baby.
They have a smaller vocabulary, but they really don't do baby talk.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

You seem to forget that adults will try to engage those avatars too, contrary to your imaginary belief, just because a child avatar is involved does not always mean the child avatar is at fault anymore that the adult is always at fault.

So lets help solve the problem. JUST BAN ALL child avatars, and suspend all accounts of 16 and 17 year olds till their 18th birthday, and stop allowing 16 & 17 year olds to create new accounts.

Make SL 18+ Only.

Problem solved.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

I don't mind if people choose a child avatars, as long as they don't talk baby talk.
I worked over 35 years with children on a dayly basis, and they never ever talk baby talk when they no longer a baby.

I agree with this, by like age 3-4 ish on average, most children communicate quite well and are fairly easily understood.

• Like 1

You do know that these child avatars you want to protect are operated by adults right?

Even though such acts are disgusting and despicable, no actual children were harmed.

You are probably upset that Elmo got punched in the head on tv the other day too. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Irony: Adults, on the other hand..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

You do know that these child avatars you want to protect are operated by adults right?

Even though such acts are disgusting and despicable, no actual children were harmed.

You are probably upset that Elmo got punched in the head on tv the other day too. 

I'm quite aware, that does not mean such a depiction is right, it is still a form of an inappropriate act showing a child, that fact that the child is not a child behind the screen does not change the depiction going on. I shouldn't even have to explain that, and the fact I do is extremely sad.

Edited by MissSweetViolet
Spelling corrections.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

No, they aren't in general, it is the ones who like to play with child avatars real or fake.

Last week I created a child avatar for the fun of it (Opensim) and then stopped in at a place where they congregate to let my inner child have some childish fun. That abruptly ended when a passing by adult avi stopped to IM me about what he would like to stick in that sweet mouth of mine. The fact that it even occurred to him when I was just an 8 year old virtual child, says much for the fact that pedophiles walk among us, pointing out that they are the problem, not the one that makes themselves out to be the child.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 139 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.