What can’t you wear, have or not wear on a G sim?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 139 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

It's true though that Linden Lab doesn't ban things unless it's legally or financially expedient for them to do so. If there hadn't been a RL concern with child avatars engaging in simulated sex, they probably wouldn't have banned it.

True, but that's kind of sad though, I'm not against people doing their own thing, but I would sincerely hope we can all agree that something like that is something that should never occur anywhere in any form.

Edited by MissSweetViolet
Spelling corrections.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

"Outfits" make this easier!

If you have an "Outfit" on then take off an item that was included in the Outfit - you only need to go into the "outfits" and it clearly shows you what you are NOT wearing that is part of the outfit. You just put that "back on" as needed.

Yes it is a workaround I tend to use when I really need to but it is not that handy considering the items are mixed in with 40 odd other items and requires me to read each entry because SL never saw fit to update the icons when they introduced mesh and now every item is pretty much an attachment/mesh one.

Lumiya makes is a bit easier considering it uses a larger font and IMVU doesn't need Lumiya because it has had its own version of a mobile viewer for years now.

You realize you are testing SL's Mobile version 6-7 years after I started badgering the Lindens to make their own Mobile because of what they told me back then how they were going to break some of network protocols Lumiya relied on? My badgering them for a Mobile viewer was based partially on breaking Lumiya but also on IMVU having its working Mobile viewer while SL didn't.

5 minutes ago, MissSweetViolet said:

Agree with this, if it's not actively being used, I'd never think anything of it. I don't really see being an issue for anything.

Even if it's being used, a leash or a simple kneeling pose are still fairly tame in my opinion. The guidelines say that:

"A region designated General is not allowed to advertise or make available content or activity that is sexually explicit, violent, or depicts nudity." 

https://community.secondlife.com/knowledgebase/english/maturity-ratings-r52/

I wouldn't consider either of those things "sexually explicit", but I understand that opinions on that may vary, and that it's up for debate. But yeah, a collar that is not being used at all or that has no OpenCollar scripts should be 100% fine, no matter the rating of the region. 

Edited by Clem Marques
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, MissSweetViolet said:

No you shouldn't. That also adds unnecessary  lag, but given it's you I'm not surprised.... You've done a lot to show what kind of person you are in some other threads, at least here in SL. I sincerely hope you aren't that way in RL and if you are then I'm quite frankly surprised your not on some sort of watch list or that the local schools don't get notified about you.

Thats borderline, but I’ll let it slide😁

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

A couple of issues. 1 Are you meaning the locked #Wearable Favourites folder in Firestorm? How does one open it?

2. I have several Adult items I wear regularly which I keep on at all times so I don't have to refind them each time, nor have to reload all their scripts each time I put them back on, never knowing whether others can see whether the script is broadcasting in Local or not. This is all for a quick jump to a store to pick up an item and usually takes less time back and forth then the time involved in removing then re adding those items when I am back in an area that I might use it in. This especially is relevant for collars but does apply to a number of regularly worn adult attachments.

It is just too much bother and if you don't want to see adult stuff, don't inspect me too closely and don't run a What She Wearing app. It's an Adult Platform after all. I can show you where Imvu :) is if you need a greater degree of protection from seeing adult oriented objects. ( not directed at you Rowan)

Yes, the Favorite Wearable toolbar button.  I keep it on the toolbar and pull it up when needed.  I have my head/body HUDs in there along with some makeup I wear often, photo tools/lights, etc.  Stuff I don't want to rummage around for in my inventory since I use them often yet don't need to wear them but for a few moments.  

It's not that I'm inspecting anyone but all those scripts and nonsense to contribute to region performance and if you aren't using something at that time, there is no need to wear it 24/7.

f7993793afe90d08695212f64176f496.png.50f5f17d06cf144042f26b2b6a474161.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

34 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I guess I shouldn’t wear my maitreya hud 24/7 either

18 minutes ago, MissSweetViolet said:

No you shouldn't. That also adds unnecessary  lag, but given it's you I'm not surprised

Some people keep the lara hud on 24/7, because they use it often enough to adjust elements of their lara such as fingernails, or foot position, or alpha cuts, to need it handy, and are technically clued up enough to know that taking it off and putting it on and taking it off and putting it on, causes MORE lag than just leaving it on.

9 minutes ago, MissSweetViolet said:

As if it should have to be forced and shouldn't be illegal by default

Definitions... Definitions are important.

In the UK, the age of consent is 16. perhaps you'd like to ban people from the UK using SL, or stop people travelling here in RL.

We can drink booze at 18 too, instead of 21.

25 minutes ago, MissSweetViolet said:

to show what kind of person you are

So have you.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Yes, the Favorite Wearable toolbar button.  I keep it on the toolbar and pull it up when needed.  I have my head/body HUDs in there along with some makeup I wear often, photo tools/lights, etc.  Stuff I don't want to rummage around for in my inventory since I use them often yet don't need to wear them but for a few moments.  

It's not that I'm inspecting anyone but all those scripts and nonsense to contribute to region performance and if you aren't using something at that time, there is no need to wear it 24/7.

I didn't even know this existed. Thanks for sharing it, I will use it from now on.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

To be fair though, if one detaches it, they might lose it.

I have read that in at least one country, there is a modern-day belief that "witches" can curse a man and cause his "p" to be gone. (They would be relieved I'm sure, if it were merely "detached".)

22 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

If I remember, I'll have to check if this is an option in the Official viewer!

Edited by Love Zhaoying

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

I usually go around with my mesh body and head HUDs on (and only those HUDs). 

I get irritated when I put on a clothing unpacking or retexturing HUD knocks those off, so I've saved them to my Favorite Wearables tab too. I still forget they're in there though. 😆 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I have read that in at least one country, there is a modern-day belief that "witches" can curse a man and cause his "p" to be gone. (They would be relieved I'm sure, if it were merely "detached".)

shudders

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Clem Marques said:

I didn't even know this existed. Thanks for sharing it, I will use it from now on.

It's really one of the best things ever added to any viewer IMHO.  I use that thing daily for my body HUD when adjusting feet or alpha cuts.  I do all that at home so taking it off and on and any added lag doesn't really effect me nor anyone else as my region is fairly quiet.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I usually go around with my mesh body and head HUDs on (and only those HUDs). 

I get irritated when I put on a clothing unpacking or retexturing HUD knocks those off, so I've saved them to my Favorite Wearables tab too. I still forget they're in there though. 😆 

Me too. When will creators understand that the left side of the screen is off limits? 🤣

Edited by Clem Marques
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Some people keep the lara hud on 24/7, because they use it often enough to adjust elements of their lara such as fingernails, or foot position, or alpha cuts, to need it handy, and are technically clued up enough to know that taking it off and putting it on and taking it off and putting it on, causes MORE lag than just leaving it on.

Definitions... Definitions are important.

In the UK, the age of consent is 16. perhaps you'd like to ban people from the UK using SL, or stop people travelling here in RL.

We can drink booze at 18 too, instead of 21.

So have you.

1; They may, but I make all these adjustments before going anywhere, so there's no need to be taking on and off to begin with.

2; This was in relation to the ban on certain "activates" going on including child avatars in said activities, apparently LL only banned them do to being forced and not like like because to show a child in such an act is wrong, at least according to some people apparently, The statement you quoted had nothing to do with age of consent.

3; That fact you think such of me is fine by me, because you have as well with your body shaming troll attitude. :)

Edited by MissSweetViolet
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

This belief was common in Medieval Europe, along with the belief that witches kept them in a box in their homes. It was once explained to me that the actual fear was that witches could make men unable to perform sexually. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Zalificent Corvinus said:

If you want to try and insult me, TRY and get it right.

It's an "Arrogant Fake Child Anti-Adult-Activities Griefer" shaming attitude.

It's called depicting a child in an impropriate situation, and thank you for letting me know your a perverted psychopath too. :)

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 139 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.