Are we ever gonna be able to hide account age?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 235 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

This is how Midnoot feels about alts.  Even though he made an alt to talk on the forum.  This is why he won't make an alt.

On 2/11/2024 at 4:05 PM, Midnoot said:

Instead of spreading my essence across second life like voldemort's horcruxes, i'mma stick to the one account. Easier to keep up with, not as much explaining to do to my friends, less deception, etc. I know most of second life feels no obligation to alert their friends of their secret presence on an alt, but to me, it feels dirty :p.

I've seen the light . I must do what everyone else has done and create 46 alts per year.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Clem Marques said:

Speak for yourself.

4 minutes ago, Clem Marques said:

Speak for yourself.

1a769f8fe6f5e6af885f8a21d3b54445.jpg

I have been taught to suspect the shadiest possible outcome

Edited by Midnoot

49 minutes ago, PixelBerry said:

Why do people automatically think the worst of people, assuming it is for a shady reason?

Because we're read all their other posts in all their other threads.

Because we know what answers they gave to the following question.

39 minutes ago, Clem Marques said:

Why don't people who have issues with their accounts being old just make a new alt?

They have answered this, with multiple rant posts, complaining about "filthy alts", and how they refuse to talk to noobs, because they claim ALL noobs are "filthy alts" or "filthy bots", here to claim "filthy freebies".

They have already boasted of how old their Super Secret Main account is, and thus how superior they feel they are to us "mere noobs" who have been here less than a decade and a half.

The ONLY reason I can see to want to hide their rez date is, they want to prey on younger accounts in some way.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Because we're read all their other posts in all their other threads.

Because we know what answers they gave to the following question.

They have answered this, with multiple rant posts, complaining about "filthy alts", and how they refuse to talk to noobs, because they claim ALL noobs are "filthy alts" or "filthy bots", here to claim "filthy freebies".

They have already boasted of how old their Super Secret Main account is, and thus how superior they feel they are to us "mere noobs" who have been here less than a decade and a half.

The ONLY reason I can see to want to hide their rez date is, they want to prey on younger accounts in some way.

I didn't say I don't talk to newbies . I said I don't talk to them as if they're new.

Yes. Ofcourse . The negative example of why I want my age hidden on the very first post must certainly be why I myself want it . So that I can be the predator . V:

2 hours ago, Midnoot said:

Exactly.  It's a choice . Not something that anyone is forced to participate. But Ohno, it'll enable us suspicious deviants to do suspicious deviant things !

This right here, so many people are like that, but it's only because they've been burned before.

Thing is, most people in SL seem to prefer pseudonymity (or at least be okay with it), and then some want it to be total anonymity. Just like how some wish they could stop people camming on them all the time, or tracking when they're online even if blocked.

I have no real answers for people who have bad experiences online on a consistent basis, and have come to distrust even the relatively safe interactions that can be had on platforms like ours. I know that even their experiences are real, and in their place I would probably tend to feel the same as they do.

At the same time, being casual about it all and not letting anything be a deal-breaker for your own SL is probably the best defense against all forms of buttholery. It's not about being all tough and hardbitten, at least not for everyone. Having a Second Life (as distinct from just owning a Second Life account) is an art form.

It's what we make of it. Literally.

Just because you can catch more flies with rotting fish entrails than you can with honey doesn't mean you'll like having flies all over you and smelling like rotting fish entrails.

It takes a special kind of person to like that.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Anyway, it's SL, just have fun with it and stuff. Who cares what anyone thinks, anyway?

EDIT: And on the who-gives-a-fart note, if a person wants to use true DILLIGAF energy at its maximum power, remember it's counterintuitive. You have to really not GAF, not just act like it. they're different, and everyone insinctively can feel the difference.

Real DILLIGAF force wielding is subtle.

*gestures in benediction and vanishes in a poof of stinky smoke*

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Midnoot said:

So that I can be the predator

SL has different kinds of predators.

One of the more annoying is the "Time-Leech", the people who constantly look for "chat hangouts" where they can DEMAND other people talk about the Time Leech's favourite pointless topic. They have this sense of entitlement, that tells them they have a RIGHT to other peoples time.

"I went to nude orgy beach, and said 'Hi guys, lets have a debate on the importance of hegelian dialectic' and they all ignored ME, they are obviously filthy AFK alt-bots!"

There was one frequent Time-Leech around here, who once complained that when they had parked their avatar in a club, AFK, alt-tabbed out, playing "NyteFart Ripped Off Teens Royal" in another window, NONE of the "good looking female avatars" entering the club, bothered to IM them and ask for a 90 min intellectual debate as a prelude to offering the Time-Leech free SLex. That infamous failed Time-Leech idiot actually demanded that LL should do *something* about that "problem"

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Iunno if it'd really work, I mean, when I was new, aside from making friends with another newbie just to learn stuff with, I kind of assumed anyone else who was new might be an alt. I was accused of being one so frequently that it sort of became a thing with me, too.

That, and a good 80% of the people who've ever tried anything really badly dodgy with me have tended to be people with very obviously older accounts, sometimes even "upstanding" and respected members of their respective communities.

I see no real discrimination from anyone based on my age these days, but then maybe it's just because nobody who'd mess with me can hang where I live inworld for long after doing so.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

SL has different kinds of predators.

One of the more annoying is the "Time-Leech", the people who constantly look for "chat hangouts" where they can DEMAND other people talk about the Time Leech's favourite pointless topic. They have this sense of entitlement, that tells them they have a RIGHT to other peoples time.

"I went to nude orgy beach, and said 'Hi guys, lets have a debate on the importance of hegelian dialectic' and they all ignored ME, they are obviously filthy AFK alt-bots!"

There was one frequent Time-Leech around here, who once complained that when they had parked their avatar in a club, AFK, alt-tabbed out, playing "NyteFart Ripped Off Teens Royal" in another window, NONE of the "good looking female avatars" entering the club, bothered to IM them and ask for a 90 min intellectual debate as a prelude to offering the Time-Leech free SLex. That infamous failed Time-Leech idiot actually demanded that LL should do *something* about that "problem"

Im not sure what you're on about once again lol. It's like you're talking to someone else  .

If you're referring to one of my posts which I can barely remember at this point , I did search for active places.  I didn't demand anyone talk to me . In fact I'm more of an observer than a participant . If youre referring to ims .I simply like to be around the hot spots  and chat in [local] but here you go, making up some story about me even being remotely interested in women lol.  or even doing that thing which I never do , which is demand someone give me their time.  If anything I'm one of the people who log without saying a word and couldn't give a care of other people do it as well. I understand they have lives to live and that I'm not some super important , respect demanding , etiquette preaching bat or anything like that o:..

Edited by Midnoot
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, JUSTUS Palianta said:

Midnoot did you ever consider that no one talks in local chat anymore and it has nothing to do with your avatars age or you.  A lot of people are talking on discord while they are in SL.  

Well yeah , usually a group of friends will be in Discord.  I'm one of them  but only when people log on . Not my entire time online lol. Are you saying local chat has been abandoned? °`°

1 hour ago, Midnoot said:

Im not sure what you're on about once again lol.

That tends to happen when you don't listen to anyone who doesn't agree with you.

making up some story about me even being remotely interested in women lol.

Ah, assuming every tale of entitlement on the forums MUST be about YOU. Guess what, the Nytefart player wasn't you, unless you are secretly their alt, of course.

That infamous Time-Leecher was famous for claiming they were entitled to other people's time because "SL is supposed to be a Social Platform".

If youre referring to ims .I simply like to be around the hot spots  and chat in [local]

I said nothing about IMs, I mentioned people who THINK they are entitled to have OTHER people chat to them.

I'm not some super important , respect demanding

And yet, you assume that a reference to a well known forum poster who was doing their "social platform" over-entitled ranting LONG before you made your new alt, MUST be a reference to YOU.

etiquette preaching bat

Just as well you don't "demand respect" since you'd get back exactly what you give. NONE.

You talk utter tripe, then scream that anyone who disagrees with you is "malicious" and a "bat" and has "PTSD", etc.

15 minutes ago, Midnoot said:

Are you saying local chat has been abandoned?

I'd certainly expect it to be abandoned near some people.

Local chat's been on the decline ever since LL introduced aa new chat interface, "CHUI", which pretended that local chat was another IM, rather than having it's own window. The default viewer setting for "chat toasts", floaty screen obscuring chat bubbles scrolling up the screen, that fade before you can finish reading them, and no ability to scroll back up, didn't help either.

It's all too common to see people with "I don't follow local chat, feel free to IM me" or similar sentiments, in their profiles.

Ironic since most of the people most likely to have that, are the same people least likely to read anyone else's profiles. I actually had to create a group tag that reads "Man Hating Dy*e" to deter the more perssistent ones who didn't read "No guys I won't date you" in my profile.

It's like you're talking to someone else  .

Of course I am.

That is, to everyone else in the thread. It's been obvious since your first post on the forum, that there's no point in talking to you, as you dismiss any disagreement as "malicious assassination by boomer normie bats with PTSD".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Midnoot said:

Well yeah , usually a group of friends will be in Discord.  I'm one of them  but only when people log on . Not my entire time online lol. Are you saying local chat has been abandoned? °`°

They tried to abandon it years ago, but I kept showing up everywhere and ruining it by getting people to talk to me in local.

Now it is simply tolerated.

Edit: Mostly tolerated.

Edit: At least by all of the really cool people.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 7

13 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

They tried to abandon it years ago, but I kept showing up everywhere and ruining it by getting people to talk to me in local.

Now it is simply tolerated.

Edit: Mostly tolerated.

Edit: At least by all of the really cool people.

Keep up the good work :3

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

That tends to happen when you don't listen to anyone who doesn't agree with you.

Ah, assuming every tale of entitlement on the forums MUST be about YOU. Guess what, the Nytefart player wasn't you, unless you are secretly their alt, of course.

That infamous Time-Leecher was famous for claiming they were entitled to other people's time because "SL is supposed to be a Social Platform".

I said nothing about IMs, I mentioned people who THINK they are entitled to have OTHER people chat to them.

And yet, you assume that a reference to a well known forum poster who was doing their "social platform" over-entitled ranting LONG before you made your new alt, MUST be a reference to YOU.

Just as well you don't "demand respect" since you'd get back exactly what you give. NONE.

You talk utter tripe, then scream that anyone who disagrees with you is "malicious" and a "bat" and has "PTSD", etc.

I'd certainly expect it to be abandoned near some people.

Local chat's been on the decline ever since LL introduced aa new chat interface, "CHUI", which pretended that local chat was another IM, rather than having it's own window. The default viewer setting for "chat toasts", floaty screen obscuring chat bubbles scrolling up the screen, that fade before you can finish reading them, and no ability to scroll back up, didn't help either.

It's all too common to see people with "I don't follow local chat, feel free to IM me" or similar sentiments, in their profiles.

Ironic since most of the people most likely to have that, are the same people least likely to read anyone else's profiles. I actually had to create a group tag that reads "Man Hating Dy*e" to deter the more perssistent ones who didn't read "No guys I won't date you" in my profile.

Of course I am.

That is, to everyone else in the thread. It's been obvious since your first post on the forum, that there's no point in talking to you, as you dismiss any disagreement as "malicious assassination by boomer normie bats with PTSD".

So you're pretty much speaking in posts from previous topics as usual ? It's almost like a language that people had to have been around during the time of those posts and read those posts,  to even get. Every time you post °`° ....

But yeah , the stuff about the local chat ui being trash is true .

Edited by Midnoot

2 hours ago, Midnoot said:

Im not sure what you're on about once again lol. It's like you're talking to someone else  .

If you're referring to one of my posts which I can barely remember at this point ,

Any of your posts are less than two months old.

Theresa Tennyson smiles and offers applesauce and nice blankets.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I wanted to respond to this, but it would be completely off topic.  Also, I hope I'm reading it wrong.  The bolded  parts are what I wanted to address, then thought better of it.

I just decided maybe you didn't mean it the way it came off and I am giving you the benefit of the doubt. 

Men face a lot of ageism. For example, in the gay community, 30 is "too old".

8 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

The only thing they can do is GUESS that you're over 30 on your 17 yrs old account.  Whoopie!

oh i wish!, sadly one of those numbers is way higher... i'm 18 yrs 3 months in SL !

Thay makes me 32 in RL? wow... thank you
:)

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 235 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.