Who sells modifiable hair these days?

Stephanie Misfit

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 143 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A quick search turned up a lot of results for hairpieces to go with hoods, but theyre all marked no-mod, far as i can tell. Doesn't mean the meshes are no-mod though, usually it's just the scripts inside that make it look that way. And demos do no good in this area, cos they're always no-mod. A LOT of "no-mod" hair is actually modifiable, in my experience.

Hmm. Maybe just take a chance and see if you can find a decent looking one, and see if you can mod it. Not optimal, but it could work.

If I was better at making hair, I'd just make you some.

Rowan probably knows, though. I'm sure you'll have it sorted quickly once she shows up.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

Looking to fit some hair under a hood, need to know who sells modifiable hair. Thanks.

Truth has a past group gift that is made especially for a hood. It's a long hairstyle. It's on their wall with past group gifts (bottom right corner of the wall if I remember correctly). I think you can resize it. It even comes with an optional hood.

Dura has a short hairpiece for hoods they made back in 2019 for a collaboration with Gabriel. Not sure if it's still available though. And no.match has one too with a short braid called No Valentine. You can resize them.

Edited by EmmaAsht0n
Added information and no.match's hairstyle name
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Sintiklia has some hairstyles with loose bangs. I belive they have group gift hairs with bangs that is unrigged.

Stealthic and Doux too. Magika has group gift bangs, and a lot of hairs with bangs.

No one of these are mod, but they are unrigged, and that helps. They can be resized via script and have a lot of colors in the HUD and a RGB system.

Raven Bell has hair you can mod, but you can not move unrigged hair. I have seen their ads, with longer hair under. They sell hat hair and hood hair.

Obsidian Hood Hair @ SAMHAIN

Raven Bell also sell a pack of thin hair strands, that you can use to the front and sides of the hood. They are moveable and resizeable. (Not all parts, some long strands are rigged) Several different pieces, and you can duplicate them and add many. Combine with a hairbase.

Wisp Pieces @ Hair Fair 2022

Magikas "Blair", it is a very good hat hair. No wisps or curls on top. It may work for a hood, may not.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Truth sold this hair a week or two ago. You do not have to use the knitted hat, only the hair, The hair is voluminous, and I found it worked poorly with a hood. It does ot work at all with a tight fit hood.

It may work with a very loose hood. Of course no modify. 😪

TRUTH Cozy

Doux "Ryancita" is a sleek hair where you can turn off the head scarf.

DOUX NEWS @Kustom9!

I am sorry that I post so much no modify hair, but I only know of No Match and Raven Bell that is modify. We are stuck with rigged hair these days, short pixie cuts works, if they are not rigged. They can be moved, but the hair is in one piece. We can always edit by resizer script in the hair and move unrigged hair.

For long hair, it is hopeless because it is rigged.

I was working with a group gift hair from. No Match that had a hat. I could turn the hat transparent, but that did not matter. I could make all of the hair transparent, but not parts of it. So it was modify, but it was not helping me put it under a hood. For that, I would need only visible hair at the ears. I could not not edit a part, like the back and crown of the head. It was one solid object.

But No Match has hundreds of hairs. You may find something that works.

Hoods are so hard to use with hair. If you have a hood that is loose with volume and open in front, we may be lucky and have a sleak long hair under. For tight fitted hoods and hoods that are closed under the chin, we basically have no other option than bangs.

Modulus%20-%20Bangs%20Set%201%20-%20Adve

Last options, hair pieces, group gift from Dura.

phone_001.thumb.png.c569b5c074f34daf6a76c19975993a11.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ETA: I forgot they updated all their hairs when the priority list came out,so the newer hairs might not be.. I'll have a look and see if what I typed below is still how things are.. thye may have changed things in the updated.. I'll cross things out if the updated hairs aren't.

I believe Monso does. You can rez it on the ground and edit linked parts and the textures and colors, things like that..

you can resize it but it's more the corner axis stretching and not the xyz axis stretching..

The hair say's no mod, but you can do a good bit of modding with it on the ground or wearing it..

If you have hair from them before the update those are mod, but their updated hair they took the options away.. I'm just glad I have the older hairs as well still..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If hair is rigged but still texture modifiable, you may be able to make parts of it temporarily invisible by selecting pieces of it and setting them to 100% Transparent. When you want to show the rest of the hair again, set it to 0% transparent. I often do this with strands of hair that cover the eyes, not to mention tenting hair to exactly the shade I want.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

If hair is rigged but still texture modifiable, you may be able to make parts of it temporarily invisible by selecting pieces of it and setting them to 100% Transparent. When you want to show the rest of the hair again, set it to 0% transparent. I often do this with strands of hair that cover the eyes, not to mention tenting hair to exactly the shade I want.

Totally this, I forgot about this. Heck, one of my most usual hairstyles has an invisible baseball cap on it, and I never even think about it.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 143 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.