Do you have to have Premium Vip Create on SL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 135 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

57 minutes ago, RyaAlora said:

Do you have to have VIP Premium to create on SL??? 

If so what leve do you need ?

Absolutely not! There are a great many creators, merchants, artists, and sim designers who are "basic" accounts.

In fact, other than the ability to buy mainland parcels for stores or whatever, the only real advantage I can think of for creators in Premium Plus is free uploads of textures, sound, and animation files.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RyaAlora said:

Do you have to have VIP Premium to create on SL??? 

If so what leve do you need ?

You don't need to have any subscriptiont to premiums. ( as said a few times already :)  )

but, yes there is a but

when you create things in mesh and have to upload it, you have to pay a fee for that, the same when you upload your own textures.
For some creators a subscription can be interesting for the perks comming with a premium level.

• Like 1

If you've ever even had a card attached long enough to buy a few dollars' worth of L$, all the creator stuff is open to you, like uploading mesh (even rigged). Iunremember what all is open if you have a never-monied account, but you certainly don't need Premium to build and create on any level you want. As for building with things already inworld, as far as I know there are no restrictions whatsoever. Probably because it's what SL was originally designed for, and all.

Premium membership does have perks, like cheaper uploads, etc., but it's not necessary.

Scripting requires passing a short quiz, if I recall correctly, but even the 'possum in my yard could pass that quiz, with a minimum of study. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 135 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.