2024 - Will LL finally fully acknowledge the Adult side of SL?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 156 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Just because it's "adult" and "spicy", doesn't mean it is necessarily "orgies" and "smut". But, that's just my opinion.

Yes, but a large majority of folks out there in RL would argue that fact. Especially when it is an online environment that already has a preconception of 'just a place for perverts'

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

I have a hard time imagining sex is the only reason why SL remains afloat, I mean unless people have an incredibly high sex drive and feel aroused most of the day.  Sexy on the other hand, is different, feeling sexy or attractive does not mean one wants to pursue  sex though.  

With that said, I might just have a low sex drive and am not seeing it from most people's perspective.  From my own perspective, there is more to SL than sex, it is not a motivator for me.  I do enjoy feeling attractive in SL, but not as an attempt to have sex.  There has to be more people like that, and this is not an attempt to shame anyone who does use SL for sex, I just have a hard time thinking it is all people are thinking about.  I'm sure it offers a perk, a reason for people to stay, but the sole reason?  

Sure LL should take initiative, and add a bit of spice, and I would not argue against it.  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

I have a hard time imagining sex is the only reason why SL remains afloat, I mean unless people have an incredibly high sex drive and feel aroused most of the day.  Sexy on the other hand, is different, feeling sexy or attractive does not mean one wants to pursue  sex though.  

Sexy without the potential for the sex is a waste of time, even if for most of us, sexy never ends in sex.

We could have been sexy in Sansar. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Coffee Pancake said:

To quote a redditor on this subject 

image.png.b7e54af4dd8d449f7fbfb2faeefbe9cb.png 

SL is an adult space. It has always been an adult space. All the things you're here for .. those are what the "sex driven members" do between all the "shoving... ".

Adult content is the only reason this mess exists, it and the massive supporting economy pays for everything that happens in SL, and always has.

There have been many attempts to create platforms that aren't full of adult content, and they all die empty and abandoned. Every single time.

Even LL tried it. They bet the farm on it. It died. Which is why Linden Lab was sold to new owners.

Yes I do understand that. Back when I started I tried these things myself.. I am not saying I never did and I completely get the adult side. There is already a stigma associated with SL about virtual sex and yeah it draws in users for sure who are looking for that. But after 16 years it is not something I personally am into.  Not in any way saying it is not the core of what drives SL. I was just ranting about stuff. 

And also.. it has not always been an adult place. :)  Just has had adult activities and a separate area for teens. 

Edited by SpiritSparrow Skydancer
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, SpiritSparrow Skydancer said:

Yes I do understand that. Back when I started I tried these things myself.. I am not saying I never did and I completely get the adult side.

Most of us do .. Starting with 'omg sex' and settling down to 'comfortably near sex' and doing all the other things is a very common pipeline. 

We need to put the sex first on the quiet understanding that the novelty wears off sooner or later, and we can get to building train sets or whatever else we like.

1 minute ago, SpiritSparrow Skydancer said:

There is already a stigma associated with SL about virtual sex

The stigma is self inflicted. LL wont embrace it so the topic becomes taboo.

The solution is to meet that head on. Yes. We have adult content. So does the rest of the internet. Grow up.

• Like 7

I think it’s a bit of a narrow field of view to look at adult content as exclusively sexual content. I mostly like a virtual scene to have minimal restrictions in terms of content overall, which becomes adult content. Rolling into a dance club and even if people aren’t literally having sex on the dancefloor, or the house rules are even just no outright sexual content, there’s still mentions to alcohol, swearing, nudity in some form, etc. 

I don’t want the virtual dance club to look like a middle school lock in. I want to be able to talk about taking an edible and describe things with terminology that would be all asterisks on this forum. It doesn’t have to involve virtual sex or sexual acts to be adult.

And attention to adult oriented content like that is beneficial.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

We need to put the sex first on the quiet understanding that the novelty wears off sooner or later, and we can get to building train sets or whatever else we like.

This, is a very big one.

Sure it’s super cool to look at a limitless virtual world and to your partner go “I can probably tap that in all 3 dimensions if you’re down” and then run through a virtual bucket list of online debauchery never before seen by mankind. And at the end you kinda look back like alright, that was cool, but if we can do that, do you want to try making a boat?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Most of us do .. Starting with 'omg sex' and settling down to 'comfortably near sex' and doing all the other things is a very common pipeline. 

The stigma is self inflicted. LL wont embrace it so the topic becomes taboo.

The solution is to meet that head on. Yes. We have adult content. So does the rest of the internet. Grow up.

Maybe they are developing toys with real world interaction.. like a remote control sex chair.. or or furry sex androids! Although the furry idea does not appeal to me. I might be on board with SL/rl interactive toys… oh hell that would set virtual sex on fire! 

I know there are some now but with the brilliant minds at LL….

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

So long, obviously, as it's fully open and inclusive, whatever it is.

I dont normally do two replies to one post, but your final comment caught my eye so i thought id comment.

Adult clubs are never fully open and inclusive. There are straight clubs, bi clubs, gay clubs and lesbien clubs. To expect one venue to accomodate all of these under one roof is a recipe for failure.

But hey, it was open and inclusive and thats all that mattered 😂

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
changed a word
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I dont normally do two replies to one post, but your final comment caught my eye so i thought id comment.

Adult clubs are never fully open and inclusive. There are straight clubs, bi clubs, gay clubs and lesbien clubs. To expect one venue to accomodate all of these under one roof is a recipe for failure.

But hey, it was open and inclusive and thats all that mattered 😂

I think you're correct. And that's going to be a problem, isn't it?

Can you imagine the furor if LL opened a sex club that was exclusively for one sexual orientation, or another?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Let's face it, if all this does amount to an adult club it won't last a year. Nobody wants corporate sex.

It's genuinely hard to imagine what this could mean though since SL is this weird little corner of the Internet that is philosophically stuck in the 90s and I mean that in a genuinely good way. It's inherently adult and while publicly it doesn't discuss this it very obviously does not restrict it in platform.

There's a widespread understanding and acceptance amongst users that adult content exists and it's just... fine. Nobody is getting too outraged over it, you choose to participate or not for the most part as well. It's not overly visible but you do need to accept you might see the odd little bit of friskiness when maybe you didn't intend to, no big deal.

I just don't really see what could be changing as far as Linden Lab goes, they could definitely begin to market SL as a place for adult activities I suppose? might as well, it's not like they do a whole lot of marketing otherwise and there isn't really anyone likely to get mad at their brand being associated with adult content.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

Let's face it, if all this does amount to an adult club it won't last a year. Nobody wants corporate sex.

It's genuinely hard to imagine what this could mean though since SL is this weird little corner of the Internet that is philosophically stuck in the 90s and I mean that in a genuinely good way. It's inherently adult and while publicly it doesn't discuss this it very obviously does not restrict it in platform.

There's a widespread understanding and acceptance amongst users that adult content exists and it's just... fine. Nobody is getting too outraged over it, you choose to participate or not for the most part as well. It's not overly visible but you do need to accept you might see the odd little bit of friskiness when maybe you didn't intend to, no big deal.

I just don't really see what could be changing as far as Linden Lab goes, they could definitely begin to market SL as a place for adult activities I suppose? might as well, it's not like they do a whole lot of marketing otherwise and there isn't really anyone likely to get mad at their brand being associated with adult content.

Hell, a corporate executive woman in a suit turns me on like crazy!!! So does a corporate secretary!!!

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I think you're correct. And that's going to be a problem, isn't it?

Can you imagine the furor if LL opened a sex club that was exclusively for one sexual orientation, or another?

A music/dance/sex club can be for every orientation. SL furniture isn't really all THAT exclusive. We just have to avoid animations that don't work with the scenario, and the woman may have to occasionally use a strapon. I've had bisexual threesomes in public a number of times in multiple places. It's never been an issue for anyone.  LL doesn't have to choose an orientation to cater to.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 156 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.