Mysterious Bot Circles on Mainland? What are they doing?

Goblin Waifu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 159 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I recently bought property on mainland and am seeing these avatar circles along the beach (Sims: Jagiello, Magimoto, Maginn, Exland, Milandreya, Stanier) They're all a bit over 5 years old, and just stand in a spaced out circle staring at eachother. Does anyone know what they are doing? 

avcircles.png

If I had to pick one of the common answers to this question, I would say they are playing a game via a scripted object and placement is to stay out of everybody else's way.  I hear Tiny Empires is a good game and has events where teams of players interact with each other.  I would guess these "fairy circles" of avatars appear to participate in the events.

1 hour ago, Goblin Waifu said:

No these are bots, they are all the same age and either invisible or noob bodied with no profile.

Tiny Empires is apparently a game where having a bunch of alts playing with you is advantageous, so TE players make a group of alts, all at the same time, and stand them in a circle, to play the TE game.

This question has been asked AND answered dozens of times. Also, don't assume alts are all bots just because you have NO idea what they are doing or why.

It's only a small step from assuming everyone is a bot to filing fraudulent AR's against everyone for being a bot, and that clogs the in-tray at Governance, and means REAL AR's get delayed.

• Like 3

It's unclear to me why it would much matter if they were bots. I mean, of all the things bots can do, good or bad, I'm thinking standing around in small circles on Linden water homesteads is pretty innocuous.

It is, however, pretty important they keep the circles "small", meaning low numbers of avatars relative to the max capacity of the region. I have waterfront next to a Linden water homestead with an agent limit of 25 that used to fill with these "crop rings" of Tiny Empire alts such that the whole region was impassable by even a single avatar in a rowboat. It took several rounds of interaction with Governance and Support to get the count reduced and restore the region to its intended navigability, but it did eventually happen.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Qie Niangao said:

It's unclear to me why it would much matter if they were bots. I mean, of all the things bots can do, good or bad, I'm thinking standing around in small circles on Linden water homesteads is pretty innocuous.

Yes, sure..but what if they're praying to invoke the Bot God?? We're DOOMED, I tell you. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/15/2023 at 12:00 AM, Prokofy Neva said:

Sometimes I see Tiny Empires takes this form. I don't know why they need to do this. Camping the spawn...or something? Not sure.

I think the circle is the optimum size and shape for all the avatars to be within whisper distance of all the others.  Each ring will have one "real" player and a bunch of "subjects", all doing trade deals and suchlike with each other. It's nearly always 11 or 12.

What surprises me though, is that there are so many people/bots still playing it after all these years.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 159 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.