You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 209 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Dahlings, I need your help! Something of an emergency has arisen, and I am absolutely beside myself!

Last night, I attended a performance of Turandot by the Ahern Opera Company. It was largely satisfactory, I thought, although I felt that the singer in the role of Timur rather rushed his lines. Two years ago in Milan, while visiting with Donatella, I saw a much better produc . . .

Well, never mind that now.

Before the performance my date and I had dinner at the Bay City Yacht Club. Yes, I know, the standards there have been slipping, and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them downgraded in Michelin at some point soon, but have you tried their Dover Sole? Dahling, it's divine. And the ambiance is still unmatched. I do so love Erté and the Art Deco, don't you?

But I digress.

As I was making my way to the powder room after dinner, I passed a young woman just emerging. And she was wearing . . .

I'm sorry . . . a moment please.

. . .

Apologies, I simply had to compose myself. I'm better now.

She was wearing . . . "jeggings."

Dahlings-Blank.thumb.png.233c1637524fd9f5d0c20cb410e7a61d.png

Honestly, I feel a little soiled even using that word. In a more just world, I wouldn't even have to know what they were. But alas, O Tempora O Mores, no? I blame Millennials.

I was quite beside myself, and too shocked to even say anything. Is this what we've come to? Is this how we now treat places of style, culture, and beauty? By desecration?

Did she sneak in the delivery entrance?

Thank God I had already eaten: I doubt I could have swallowed a morsel after witnessing that.

I have of course sent a sternly worded letter to the proprietor, but the experience was so upsetting that I've decided to ask for your help also.

Can one of you very clever people, using that, you know, "code" thing that you do, produce a HUD (that is the correct word, is it not?) that automatically hides (Francesca tells me the term is "derenders") people wearing (that word again!) "jeggings"? It would be SUCH service if you did. I would be so very grateful!

And while you're at that, perhaps there are a few other items we might all do well without? "Crop tops" for one, and "tanks" (*shudder*). Maybe also "cargo pants"?

You can send a DM to my PA, Francesca. There's no rush of course, but I will be going out again on Friday night, and it would be lovely to feel secure from another such shock.

Thank you so much dahlings, you're all such dears! Mwah mwah!

Scylla

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
Francesca has corrected an error I made. "Derenders"? Learn something new every day, I've always said.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 9

Derendering might be difficult with scripts but I could make a script that would automatically hose them with a spray of water if they come too close, sort of like how some raise stubborn cats.

Could even add that psssst, psssst sound.

Edited by ValKalAstra
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

/me slinks into thread

I might not be able to write a script for you, but I know of certain individuals, ya see? These individuals, lets just call them gnomes, well they have special talents.. they make socks disappear, ya see?  I might be able to convince them to up their game to jeggings, for a price.  Now I am going out of my way doing this, ya see?  I might be able to accommodate.. your needs, but I am going to need assurance that we will be compensated in full.  This is no small time operation, this is going to require a lot of leg work, and you don't want to cross these gnomes, bad things happen to particular articles of clothing when you cross them, lets just say.. you'll never have a matching pair of socks again.

thegnomemafia.thumb.jpeg.66091b0476e7f5479f765b9f89237026.jpeg

The gnome Mafia, strikes again!

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I suppose, when standing next to one's Alt, one is always "besides one's self"!

If you find that you soil your (or your Alt's) jeggings, have you considered wearing an attractive adult diaper either under, or over the jeggings?

Dahling, I'm far too well brought-up to have even the faintest idea what you might mean.

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Dahling, I'm far too well brought-up to have even the faintest idea what you might mean.

I can tell, you are of the "highest breeding"!

Pro Tip: If you tell your "friend" to not wash their soiled jeggings, they should sell to the highest bidder.

• Confused 1

I think this is an interesting way to keep the forum alive!  We can all write little novels based on one of our SL photos!

BTW, Sylvia Plath is the artist for discussion today at The Writers Table, a group that meets at WBH, @ 11 am this morn...

We study the artist a bit and then write a poem about how it affected us.

Last meeting we studied this guy who made an art piece, a kind of shadow box,  based on a constellation.     Cassiopeia  

I found it quite interesting as I developed empathy for those long ago, so connected to the sky.

"It's not just humans who like to show their affection. So do cosmic bodies. Located in the constellation of Cassiopeia in the Perseus arm of the Milky Way galaxy and some 7,500 light-years from Earth is IC 1805, aka the Heart Nebula"

CASSIOPEIA

stories in the sky
gazing toward the vastness
wanting to know truth

i'd like to travel there
slip through time
when wonder prevailed
and our stories on the earth
were a part of the sky

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ValKalAstra said:

Derendering might be difficult with scripts but I could make a script that would automatically hose them with a spray of water if they come too close, sort of like how some raise stubborn cats.

Could even add that psssst, psssst sound.

Dahling. this is so generous of you! I knew you'd be one who would commiserate!

I do have reservations, though.

Won't water make them cling? Or worse still, shrink? They might just as well be (God forbid!) BOM, if so! 

And while I have never knowingly shared a room with damp jeggings, I can only imagine that the smell would rival that of wet dog. Not nice. Not nice at all.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I can only imagine that the smell would rival that of wet dog

Only two things that smell like wet dog are known to science, one is wet dogs, the other is ancient Goth clubs, steeped in patchcouli oil and "Cider & Black".

40 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I do have reservations, though.

Just go with the fashionable leather n fur makeover, with the clutchable pearls, and the anti jegging device, toasty warm, utterly safe, you'll wonder how you managed without it.

FashiontipsforScylla.thumb.png.9b35168f2be2eabeebb7b95d4cefd04d.png

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Only two things that smell like wet dog are known to science, one is wet dogs, the other is ancient Goth clubs, steeped in patchcouli oil and "Cider & Black".

Just go with the fashionable leather n fur makeover, with the clutchable pearls, and the anti jegging device, toasty warm, utterly safe, you'll wonder how you managed without it.

Is it a fur coat or a balloon?

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Is it a fur coat or a balloon?

Admittedly the collar on that coat is a *little* over the top, like the one Decker the Blade Runner's replicant girlfriend, wears, but on steroids. But hey that's fashion for you, right?

And it does keep the winter wind off the back of your neck.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

That is MAGNIFICENT.

Is. . . is there a person in there?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

11 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Before the performance my date and I had dinner at the Bay City Yacht Club. Yes, I know, the standards there have been slipping,

Wait, are you saying the standards are slipping - and as an example, they actually let you in?!

I almost missed it, that's a good one! 

You are a master of self-deprecating humor.  I am just a little dense sometimes.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 209 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.