Vampires in sl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 163 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 hours ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

Where is our resident vampire master when you need him? @Orwar?

Napping, it was daylight!

11 hours ago, LilithDesdemonia said:

Recently I have created a new avatar in SL for vampire activities (so I'm not new to sl) and looking for inspiration to it. My main interest is getting to know about the possibilities to live as a vampire and looking for active places for it. I hope here are some vampires or people who know more and could tell me something. I don't want to rp but I would like to know what the so called bloodlines are and know more about the family communities. As I love music I would appreciate sims to visit too. 

Feel free to give me a nudge in-world or via PM for any questions regarding Bloodlines, only thing I don't really do is the 'community' bit (why congregate with the competition?).

• Like 5

19 hours ago, Randy Pole said:

Bloodlines is a pyramid scheme designed to force people to pay L$ for content and prey upon others to gain power. You do not need Bloodlines or any other system to play the part of a vampire. Bloodlines and Progeny both have tainted names in the minds of land owners due to the unwelcome antics of some of their participants.

I was thinking about something similar to the OP's question myself just a few days back: How to go about making a vampire kit for a look for my avatar.

That came about because I was noticing how hard it is to notice the fangs option on my mesh head's teeth and then my mind started to wander because I think I watched a dozen different entire vampire TV shows during pandemic lockdown after I had "finished" Netflix... There's a LOT of vampire fiction out there, and yet the Vampire scene in SL seems so... lacking and near non-existent.

And I think Bloodlines holds most of the blame for that.

Bloodlines made having a Vampire look in SL an almost toxic thing. You'd be more accepted as a blue naked furry randomly bumping into people with a giant male-member who puts the word "yiff" into every sentence at least 3 times than as a fairly banal vampire dressed in everyday clothes and doing not much of anything...

Vampire in SL has come to mean "scumbag griefer cult-fanatic jerk".

Which is just sad.

Bloodlines ruined the entire concept of Vampires for much of SL.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Are "Nosferatu" / "Salem's Lot" style vampires common in Second Life?

You mean balding with pointy ears?

I've seen one in SL, she's 8 ft tall, and has jet engines implanted in her back, and if you ask about those replies :

"Vings? Vings are zo first millenium..."

sl_image.png?f126582f65d0793df088ace1b8c

Edited by Zalificent Corvinus
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

You mean balding with pointy ears?

Yes, and: many of this style are also characterized by particularly nasty teeth (all sharp, not just the bicuspid "fangs"). 

That addition of the "nasty, big pointy teeth" (Monty Python reference) makes them seem more "threatening" then vampires without similar teeth.

ETA: Bat Boy, just for fun.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bat_Boy_(character)

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Yes, and: many of this style are also characterized by particularly nasty teeth (all sharp, not just the bicuspid "fangs"). 

That addition of the "nasty, big pointy teeth" (Monty Python reference) makes them seem more "threatening" then vampires without similar teeth.

Mouth full of needles, yup that's her, though her habit of wearing mechanical finger blades, and hair with sensor antenna, adds to the feel too.

Nosferatu meets Cyberpunk

• Like 1

All this is making me want to buy yet another new head. *sighs and adds it to the weekend shopping list*. Well, at least this one's cheap.

Teeth aside, there's also the whole "300 years old" dusty look, and I was already buying a head I could do that with so...I guess I'm making a vampy. Two vampies, perhaps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Are "Nosferatu" / "Salem's Lot" style vampires common in Second Life?

I wouldn't say common, no.

Most vampires I see tend to be normal-looking avatars (who also frequently hang out on sunny beaches!), or the sort of people who think that imitating Jared Leto's version of the Joker and slapping 'Morningstar' into your name makes you Goth. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ardy Lay said:

Vampires do not exist.  Anyone that says otherwise is some sort of mythological creature.

I know, right? I haven't seen a single vampire in all my time for the past few centuries. I even asked my friends over at the castle and they haven't seen any either, and they have been around longer than I have.

• Haha 2

It's morbin' time! No, I didn't see the movie. The phrase was everywhere, though. 🤣

16 minutes ago, Orwar said:

...or the sort of people who think that imitating Jared Leto's version of the Joker and slapping 'Morningstar' into your name makes you Goth. 

*twitches* Is that really a thing?

21 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Most vampires I see tend to be normal-looking avatars...

Missed opportunity! 

I've seen some absolutely wicked-looking avatars fairly recently. Not necessarily vampires, but definitely belonging to the general Undead and/or creature/monster category. I rarely see them in-world outside of events, but Flickr has quite a ton of creativity on that front if you go poking through the fantasy and horror groups. Even still - finding truly unappealing and dare I say unattractive (or even horrifying, grotesque, what-the-what) avatars is a bit rare. I've seen a couple here and there (and there are heads that make this VERY easy), but they are definitely needles in the big ole dark fantasy haystack.

I make some nightmare fuel on occasion, and I know a few people who style themselves that way (one clown-lover in particular, GAH), but most people seem quite locked-in to the "must be pretty no matter what - even if I'm dead as hell" thing. Shame!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

What about this kind of vampire? He's bald, but he doesn't have pointy ears.

image.png.19510ee06b039161a34e94d9c1f9d5ee.png

I'm not sure if he's my "most favorite" vampire in "What we do in the shadows", or my "least favorite".  Lots of clips with him on TikTok..

I had recognized the actor from "Better Call Saul".

ETA: Assuming he's the same guy. Hard to tell from the picture!

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 163 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.