Freebies for your Avi

Trinity Blakewell

I am sure you know about the big giveaway that Lelutka has: 12 Days of Christmas.

https://www.seraphimsl.com/2023/12/09/lelutkas-12-days-of-christmas-has-arrived-first-class/

But if you follow Seraphim, you see only a male skin and a hairbase as gifts. It is added a female skin too. Just so you know the Seraphim page is not updated.

I post here in case you are done picking up gifts, and do not follow the thread about 12 Days of Christmas. I posted there first.

noelia_001.png

I personally prefer the gift skins from last year, still available as group gifts. Walk toward the body skin section:

noelia_002.png.497a0729676d111be8019a9d40eea2dc.png

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

In the 12 Days of Christmas thread I have reminded people that it is more group gifts to find. Here are 2 skins that I like. Avi-Glam and Amara Beauty had to move this years gift to another region due to lag.

But in the original Mainstore location, you find the Jonas skin from Avi-Glam male skins and the Raven skin from Amara Beauty. It is also lipsticks for EvoX and a gift skin for Lelutka, not EvoX. Amara Beauty has free body skins. It is several boxes placed among the regular priced skins. Skins for Maitreya, Legacy, Belleza, even Slink, all in the same box.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Hell Fire/215/196/22

noelia_003.png

noelia_004.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Bakaboo has several group gifts with free group join; Bakaboo store and L'Homme. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Royal Blue/96/69/1199

Bakaboo group: secondlife:///app/group/11a172b8-c139-2b06-6149-0dbeb8727b2d/about

L'Homme Magazine SL: secondlife:///app/group/bbb3ae61-39ea-8674-8b3e-9a99867b911a/about

Fatpacks are available to buy if you want more colors.

bakaboo_001.thumb.jpg.dc1d8cd8a265a60c67ae9483de65e26b.jpg

bakaboo_002.thumb.jpg.02df44ba227812dbdd14eca0156f2d21.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WINGSDG currently has 4 hairstyles (2 for men and 2 for women) in their group notices. Take the pack called "Replace the packaging box" (the other 2 notices are the same but it seems there might have been issues with their box). The group is free to join:

secondlife:///app/group/87a55dc4-e4b4-8bf2-a994-6ec20c858190/about

There are also free group gifts at the store for men and women: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/The Sign/187/126/23

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the silence on my part since the first of the year. My own freebie hunting has been curtailed since there's not a lot in the pipeline for LaraX yet. But I did want to bring up the Snowbound Hunt (see gallery here and teleport to the event here). Put on by the same people that do Spookzilla, so items are not free but very low $L - typically like $L5 - $L25, I think.  The event is all in one place, so if you use firestorm and do area search, then look at the 1 LI items that are not owned by the region/event manager, you can usually track down a lot of the items.  I typically make a list of the brands/items I want to locate.

• Thanks 1

Lucybody are giving away a second body, Valentina, on their MM board (free group needed). Unlike Atenea, this one comes with BOM enabled, and I'm assuming it's a Valentine special so only available for a limited time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Sooo... my Valentina got delivered, and this MM version doesn't appear to be BOM out of the box, though the L$250 Atenea fix works fine. Instead, it comes with the Atenea alpha huds and some random BOM underwear, lol. No instructions on how to enable BOM either, so I suppose they are just assuming everyone who grabs this body already has Atenea.

Which is disappointing, but then the first rule of free is don't complain about free, however poorly labelled it might be.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sparkle Bunny said:

Sooo... my Valentina got delivered, and this MM version doesn't appear to be BOM out of the box, though the L$250 Atenea fix works fine. Instead, it comes with the Atenea alpha huds and some random BOM underwear, lol. No instructions on how to enable BOM either, so I suppose they are just assuming everyone who grabs this body already has Atenea.

Which is disappointing, but then the first rule of free is don't complain about free, however poorly labelled it might be.

Atenea & Valentina use the same Shape, HUDs, & clothing. I put them in the same folder & deleted the duplicate items. Atenea has a lower ARC, but Valentina has a v.30 HUD & supposedly fits the V, (which I don't own anyway). They're both great bodies for free. 🙂

On 1/26/2024 at 12:45 PM, Sparkle Bunny said:

Lucybody are giving away a second body, Valentina, on their MM board (free group needed). Unlike Atenea, this one comes with BOM enabled, and I'm assuming it's a Valentine special so only available for a limited time.

Is this body also compatible with Maitreya clothing, or is it a Great Value brand attempt at another body?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

Is this body also compatible with Maitreya clothing, or is it a Great Value brand attempt at another body?

It is a "Great Value" brand that fits Maitreya mesh clothing, but doesn't work with the Maitreya autohide script. Someone on the forums found that Atenea is slightly smaller than Lara classic, so it fits inside Maitreya sized mesh. Apparently it didn't fit perfectly with the V attachment made for Lara though, but Valentina does. The bodies have a higher ARC & different HUDs than Maiteya bodies, but they are still very good for the price - free, plus $L 250 for a BOM applier - especially when one considers all the free Maitreya Lara clothes that fit them.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Persephone Emerald said:

It is a "Great Value" brand that fits Maitreya mesh clothing, but doesn't work with the Maitreya autohide script. Someone on the forums found that Atenea is slightly smaller than Lara classic, so it fits inside Maitreya sized mesh. Apparently it didn't fit perfectly with the V attachment made for Lara though, but Valentina does. The bodies have a higher ARC & different HUDs than Maiteya bodies, but they are still very good for the price - free, plus $L 250 for a BOM applier - especially when one considers all the free Maitreya Lara clothes that fit them.

I went and slapped the Midnight Madness for this one. I have the Atenea, and have made some freebie/cheapie avatars with it for when I hang out at the Mentor Plaza. It never hurts to have another good low-cost body to recommend to the rookies. 

• Like 1