Ban lines - a proposal

AmeliaJ08

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 324 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I'm pretty sure this was discussed in another thread recently, but if you have anything on your property with adult animations, there are 3 conditions that must be met,

1) the item must be behind a barrier (closed door, windows with shades dawn, etc)

2) you must have it set so people outside the property cannot see what you are doing  by camming in,

and

3) the property access must be set to a group that is invite only.

If you look at about land, it tells you, setting "group access only" will create ban lines.

So lets not blame individuals for following the rules, blame LL for making the rule.

😁

Only # 1 is true.  I wonder where you get these ideas?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I can only go by what the rules say in the wiki, You can feel free to follow the rules or ignore them

What does "behind closed doors" mean?

Adult activity on Moderate land must be conducted "behind closed doors," meaning that you must make every reasonable effort to ensure that the parcel is private. This means:

I think I understand your confusion here. You seem to be inferring that all of these conditions need to be met, rather than just choosing one or two of them, in order for the "behind closed doors" clause to be met.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I think I understand your confusion here. You seem to be inferring that all of these conditions need to be met, rather than just choosing one of them, in order for the "behind closed doors" clause to be met.

So does this mean you essentially can have a adult pool in your backyard/frontyard in Bellisseria and as long as you Hide avatars (turn off avatar visibility) for the parcel you can do adult activities?

Edited by Sam1 Bellisserian

Just now, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

So does this mean you essentially can have a adult pool in your backyard/frontyard in Bellisseria and as long as you Hide avatars (turn off avatar visibility) for the parcel you can do adult activities?

I hope so.

I have my front door open, so I hope that doesn't mean I can't have adult animations in my furniture.

9 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I think I understand your confusion here. You seem to be inferring that all of these conditions need to be met, rather than just choosing one or two of them, in order for the "behind closed doors" clause to be met.

Sorry it doesn't say choose any two, it says all THREE conditions should be met. Of course, you can choose in interpret it as you wish

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

No, it should be inside your home.

This is what it says about adult activity in the maturity guidelines...

Linden Lab will conduct proactive monitoring and rely on abuse reports that identify adult content or conduct that is promoted or advertised publicly. Where adult content or conduct on a region is publicly advertised or promoted, that region must be designated as Adult (or such content must be removed). We will re-designate such regions if adult content is not removed.

They're not concerned with adult activity in your home on Moderate land...at all.   Someone could file an AR, sure. Will LL do anything?  As Abnor said, probably circular file it.  And laugh.

When they created Zindra, they didn't expect everyone who had a sex bed on Moderate land to !I've there.  They expected businesses that promoted and advertised adult content to move there.  That is where the confusion started.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rowan Amore said:

Linden Lab will conduct proactive monitoring and rely on abuse reports that identify adult content or conduct that is promoted or advertised publicly. Where adult content or conduct on a region is publicly advertised or promoted, that region must be designated as Adult (or such content must be removed). We will re-designate such regions if adult content is not removed.

They're not concerned with adult activity in your home on Moderate land...at all.   Someone could file an AR, sure. Will LL do anything?  As Abnor said, probably circular file it.  And laugh.

When they created Zindra, they didn't expect everyone who had a sex bed on Moderate land to !I've there.  They expected businesses that promoted and advertised adult content to move there.  That is where the confusion started.  

I thought so but every time this topic comes up it is misinterpreted by many people. :)

• Like 2

Just now, Rowan Amore said:

They certainly are concerned, that why the created that entry in the Wiki.

If LL doesn't expect all three conditions to be met, then LL needs to change the wiki to be in line with what LL expects of residents regarding adult items on moderate land.

• Haha 3

I thought so but every time this topic comes up it is misinterpreted by many people. :)

Surely the wiki is the final word. The wiki makes it quite clear. Why is anyone questioning it?

I'm not saying LL cares, or will punish anyone, but the rules are there.

• Haha 1

The wiki was last edited in 2011 before Belli was introduced.  The subject comes up now and then and the response from LL is always the same.  Yes, you can have sex furniture behind closed doors.  Yes, if you make every reasonable effort to keep it private, LL will be fine with it.  

• Like 1

Just now, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Surely the wiki is the final word. The wiki makes it quite clear. Why is anyone questioning it?

I'm not saying LL cares, or will punish anyone, but the rules are there.

Because we received a definite answer from @Abnor Mole on this very topic.

All this aside this is really off topic for this thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

The wiki was last edited in 2011 before Belli was introduced.  The subject comes up now and then and the response from LL is always the same.  Yes, you can have sex furniture behind closed doors.  Yes, if you make every reasonable effort to keep it private, LL will be fine with it.  

So, if the wiki is outdated, where is a current up to date list of all LL rules and regulations?

And what exactly is a "reasonable effort"?

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
added a line
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:
21 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Sorry it doesn't say choose any two, it says all THREE conditions should be met. Of course, you can choose in interpret it as you wish

Actually, it doesn't say "ALL THREE".  It doesn't say "SOME" either. It's quite ambiguous, so yes, it should probably be clarified. It sounds like that's what @Abnor Mole was trying to do.

Edited by Rolig Loon
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I prefer to see ban lines rather than get tp'd home from those orbz that give you only a few seconds to get off a private property because sometimes I am a bit slow at realizing that I have stepped foot on to private property. Especially if exploring around secondlife. I once tried to fly a helicoptor and i crashed into someone's roof and the person had an orb and it tp'd me home it did. I didn't even have enough time to get the helicoptor out of that person's roof either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, BilliJo Aldrin said:

So, if the wiki is outdated, where is a current up to date list of all LL rules and regulations?

The knowledge base which only addresses adult content that is promoted/searchable must be in an adult area.  It actually doesn't address at all the behind closed door policy.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I can only go by what the rules say in the wiki, You can feel free to follow the rules or ignore them

What does "behind closed doors" mean?

Adult activity on Moderate land must be conducted "behind closed doors," meaning that you must make every reasonable effort to ensure that the parcel is private. This means:

You don't have to do all of those things. As long as you do at least one of them on moderate land, you're fine. It's been that way since they changed the ratings.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

You don't have to do all of those things. As long as you do at least one of them on moderate land, you're fine. It's been that way since they changed the ratings.

Seems to me it's intentionally ambiguous, and every attempt I've seen to get it pinned down has gotten responses couched in "almost answers" such as "make every reasonable attempt". That obviously means all three (if you emphasize "every") and surely means any of the above (if you emphasize "reasonable") and that's fine with me. Folks who want to be very safe can buy Zindra land and be sure without needing to split these hairs. Others can choose M-rated land and pick whatever level of vigilance they think is necessary and (don't tell anybody because they'll have to deny it) whatever they choose will be Just Fine as long as they do something—probably.

Personally, my main disappointment with all this is that there's no scripted way to turn on and off parcel privacy, such as when another script starts and stops doing "Adult" stuff. Until that's available, the feature is really more damaging than valuable.

37 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

tummy talkers

i have actually never experienced these, I have heard of them. Do they make actual sound? I leave my speakers turned off, I suspect if i didn't I would have a whole new list of annoying things,

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 324 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.