deserted Gorean sims and combat in my time zone

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 335 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Yet that's been happening this entire thread, or at least celebrating they already left.

Is there any group that you wouldn't celebrate being gone from the platform. Say maybe, Nazi RP or Slave RP or would you welcome those people with open arms if they flooded the platform? After all Nazi RPers don't RP all the time and I'm sure they are lovely to socialize with. Please don't say it's obvious that we wouldn't tolerate those types of people because that is the same way I feel about GOR Rpers.  People can tolerate and accept things that they want, however you seem to want to villainize anyone that doesn't think like you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It doesn't matter what any of us say, we've been labelled as Gor-hating, witch-hunting scum and it's all our fault they left.  Yep, even the supporters, those of us who actually enjoy some of it and those who've never even heard of it.

Of course there's a certain individual that excludes themselves from any blame and is above all reproach.

Seems legit. /s

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Maybe but those comments had a fair amount of likes.

The problem with liking a post is that someone might like a part of it, all of it or just that someone is able to articulate themselves coherently and are adding to a discussion.  It doesn't always mean they agree with the sentiment 100%

• Like 2

Just now, Arielle Popstar said:

But hey, you and a few others are still here posting so at least the community is communing and that's what it is all about!

Except the OP, she hasn't returned since posting. Probably found a Master who is keeping her busy inworld doing slave stuff.

Just now, Istelathis said:

Who needs cable, when we have the forums, right?  I just wish every post came with its own theme music, dramatic shifts, laugh tracks, and horror tracks.

We need but one ..

And to think we haven't summoned Amina Sopwith yet .. :D

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

And just like a soap when the drama reaches a certain level, the topic is ended (closed) and you'll have to wait for the next topic to see the next thrilling episode.

Well, the wonderful thing is that ANY thread can be magically conveniently converted into this topic!

• Haha 3

50 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Did anyone mention Conan.

Did anyone even bother to google "conan exiles gor"

No, of course not.

Go on, it's easy ..

That's not sl, the thread asked what happened to GOR in sl. What happened to most of GOR in sl, is people left it. Like many things, it outlived its fresh by date and people moved on. Some went other places, none of those I knew did, but some others I'm sure did. You did mention conan, so why would anyone else need to? Maybe people didn't know that's where they went, so they didn't need to bring it up.

I am glad some of the things associated with it have died down or stopped entirely. But that doesn't mean I'm necessarily glad some people left sl to go GOR somewhere else, unless they were troublemakers. There definitely was a time when male avs in GOR were as obnoxious, if not more so than bloodlines players. There were female avs too, but male avs by and large took the cake. I wasn't here as long as you, and I left for a while, but I did join sl in 2009. Both GOR and bloodlines were massively popular then, and both were equally obnoxious to the point that sim owners had to restrict their access. It wasn't just intolerance it was a case of too many bad apples too often so cut them off in the orchard before they hit the basket. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Casidy Silvercloud said:

That's not sl, the thread asked what happened to GOR in sl. What happened to most of GOR in sl, is people left it. Like many things, it outlived its fresh by date and people moved on. Some went other places, none of those I knew did, but some others I'm sure did. You did mention conan, so why would anyone else need to? Maybe people didn't know that's where they went, so they didn't need to bring it up.

I am glad some of the things associated with it have died down or stopped entirely. But that doesn't mean I'm necessarily glad some people left sl to go GOR somewhere else, unless they were troublemakers. There definitely was a time when male avs in GOR were as obnoxious, if not more so than bloodlines players. There were female avs too, but male avs by and large took the cake. I wasn't here as long as you, and I left for a while, but I did join sl in 2009. Both GOR and bloodlines were massively popular then, and both were equally obnoxious to the point that sim owners had to restrict their access. It wasn't just intolerance it was a case of too many bad apples too often so cut them off in the orchard before they hit the basket. 

And yet that was when SL was more active and having a better retention rate. The bots the GOR masters were replaced with are liked even less.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

And yet that was when SL was more active and having a better retention rate. The bots the GOR masters were replaced with are liked even less.

I would much rather sl be less active then have to continually deal with the bs GOR male avs were dishing out left and right. Maybe others didn't and don't care about that or never experienced the absolute douchebaggery of it all, but I did. Obviously others did too. I would feel the same about ANY group of people, male or female, that went around treating people the way so many people in GOR did. Does that mean everyone who was in it was a bad person? Of course it doesn't, but I won't be sad that it's no longer around. Clubs, stores, nature sims, museums, who knows how many places, didn't just ban bloodlines, biting, GOR, etc. because they were behaving themselves in public, lmao. 

It would be nice for sl to be more active, no doubt, but I don't think making GOR super active like it used to be is the route anyone should take to get it there. Not that I do have answers, because I don't, lol. People stopped participating in it for their own reasons, and there could be many of them. I know why my friends stopped. I don't know, or care, why others did. I do know that plenty of people who used to be into GOR are still in sl though, so I doubt GOR slowing to a crawl or less has affected concurrency as much as some want people to think. Breedables aren't as popular as they once were and there were definitely way more people into that(still are, for the ones still around), but it hasn't killed concurrency either. Lots of things contribute to that. 

Edited by Casidy Silvercloud
weird nsfw typo lol
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Casidy Silvercloud said:

That's not sl, the thread asked what happened to GOR in sl. What happened to most of GOR in sl, is people left it.

yes. and I'm telling you where the vast bulk of that sub culture went. They all went to conan & discord. It took a few months to get everyone a copy of the game, which in online terms is basically over night.

Gor was huge in SL, not just for the population, but land associated with it. Now it's just the Gor hub and a few people trying to avoid playing actual games.

People really love to equate the stereotypical "wandering Gorean Master away from Gor" with the rest of Gor which didn't wander and tended to move at a different pace to the wider SL. The joke used to be that real Gorean men didn't know about AO's yet.

3 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

yes. and I'm telling you where the vast bulk of that sub culture went. They all went to conan & discord. It took a few months to get everyone a copy of the game, which in online terms is basically over night

I was responding to you asking if anyone had looked it up or mentioned conan. No one did, because you did. I don't know why you expect everyone else to know where all the GOR people went. It was pretty clear everyone didn't, and doesn't.

4 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Gor was huge in SL, not just for the population, but land associated with it. Now it's just the Gor hub and a few people trying to avoid playing actual games.

You mean like tons of other sims that have come and gone over the years? Most of my old lms lead to either nowhere, or new places now. Some of them used to span 5+ sims, but they're long gone. ***** happens

5 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

People really love to equate the stereotypical "wandering Gorean Master away from Gor" with the rest of Gor which didn't wander and tended to move at a different pace to the wider SL. The joke used to be that real Gorean men didn't know about AO's yet.

They associate that because they behaved that way, end of. I don't care what they did on their own lands, in their own homes, on sims they were welcome. I care how they behaved off them, and that was so atrocious so frequently that they had to be told to GTFO. Shrugs.

Why defend the very idiots that got GOR the crap rep it had, and still has in some cases? Those misbehaving wanderers are part of the reason so many left GOR (either to go somewhere else, or completely). 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Casidy Silvercloud said:

I would much rather sl be less active then have to continually deal with the bs GOR male avs were dishing out left and right. Maybe others didn't and don't care about that or never experienced the absolute douchebaggery of it all, but I did. Obviously others did too. I would feel the same about ANY group of people, male or female, that went around treating people the way so many people in GOR did. Does that mean everyone who was in it was a bad person? Of course it doesn't, but I won't be sad that it's no longer around. Clubs, stores, nature sims, museums, who knows how many places, didn't just ban bloodlines, biting, GOR, etc. because they were behaving themselves in public, lmao.

It's a ROLEPLAY .. like acting, but entirely improvised.

In order for one person to roleplay treating someone else badly, that other person has to be roleplaying too. In on the game, and participating by choice.

Roleplayers tend to stay in character and that doesn't go down well in the wider SL because people can't tell what's real and what isn't.

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 335 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.