I've actually made a male alt

Subscribedd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 343 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've managed to make a male alt, specifically for Flickr if i ever find the motivation to get back into it. I've been trying to find men's hair styles and it's a bit hard. I get it, I tried Truth, no. Match, Stealthic, Doux, all the fun stuff. But there has to be a few male stores?

• Like 4

I have hairs from both Stealthic and Doux, but for a fairly long while now I've been wearing Dura for 99% of the time. Men's hair is in a similar state to menswear, I find, not much variation and most stuff that isn't within a very slim style that works for 'everyone', the quality tends to be .. Not the best. 

• Like 5

Though I'm not a fan of the flat look, you can consider looking into BoM hairbases from places like addon+, Volkstone, Nexus, and Mister Razzor.

ETA: Looking at my profile picture, I just remembered Exile. They have decent stuff there.

Edited by Eddy Vortex
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Subscribedd said:

I've managed to make a male alt, specifically for Flickr if i ever find the motivation to get back into it. I've been trying to find men's hair styles and it's a bit hard. I get it, I tried Truth, no. Match, Stealthic, Doux, all the fun stuff. But there has to be a few male stores?

what are you looking for because all those stores have nice mens hair.

• Like 1

On 7/24/2023 at 2:04 PM, Hunny Bunny said:

Just stick them in a hoodie, they don't even need hair or make them some kind of robot cyberninja and you don't need a head just a weird helmet thing.

That's what I do sometimes, especially with my younger male alt. Or I let him run about as a cheap avatar character, usually as an older anime guy or other strange thing, toaster, whatever. This is why I love the MP... so many cool, cheap things that masquerade as avatars!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

In addition to the stores mentioned above, the latest Magika hair have been rigged for men. Truly a godsend for those who like longer hair on male avatars. 

Unfortunately, there just aren't many stores that make regular masculine hairstyles. Vango has some as well, but they are a bit older. A lot of guys just wear a hairbase and call it a day.

Might not be for everyone, but some female styles look pretty good on male avatars, especially shorter unrigged ones like bobs. Never hurts to try a demo.

Edited by Sissi Slacker
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 343 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.