Monster Airport Ocupping Common Spaces: Motru Airfield [SLMA] - TyTista SonFevre, Motru - Gaeta V

Freyja Vanlager

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 295 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

During last days residents of the northern area of Gaeta V watch with horror how this monstrosity rises up, hiding the sun and spoiling the environment. They have built a flying airport that extends above Route 7 even occupying areas of neighboring parcels using the "attach objects to their parcel" technique.

The saddest thing is that one of those responsible for this attack against the environment (perhaps even against the rules of SL) is the ambassador of Belliseria in Gaeta. (Edited the name because someone tell me that I can't write names in the forum. )

We believe that it is disrespectful from the BBB to send us a diplomat who destroys our land. We'd like to know if there is something we can do to recover the beauty our land and to ask the owners to rebuild their airport in order to be integrated in the environment and not the way this is today.MonsterAirport_001.thumb.png.45be71956f69f8efa804714018bdfa69.png

Edited by Freyja Vanlager
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

I am not really a flier in SL, I spend most of my time on boats.

I do have a small airstrip at a little over 300m height above mainland, so it doesn't cause a problem for neighbours or get drawn on the world map. If someone complained about shadow it was casting I would be open to moving it, but neighbours either have their own airstrips or on one side it is start of their stack of skybox rentals. 

I would personally think keep airstrips either on the ground next to open water or at least 300m up in the air. The area it is in to some extent dictates what is appropriate, along North Satori a lot of the regions are full sim airstrips on top of airports.. That works better than that displayed in the example.

If I was a neighbour for that I too would not be happy.

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Freyja Vanlager said:

We believe that it is disrespectful from the BBB to send us a diplomat who destroys our land. We'd like to know if there is something we can do to recover the beauty our land and to ask the owners to rebuild their airport in order to be integrated in the environment and not the way this is today.

Unfortunately, there is almost nothing you can do about Vehicle Vagrant Induced Planning Blight. If their eyesore extends over YOUR parcel, you can return that part of their build, before you do, it's worth filling an Abuse Report. Govenence won't do a damn thing about encroachment on YOUR land, they leave that to you, but it establishes a chain of evidence, if every one of your neighbours whose land is being encroached on files an AR before returning the offending  objects, thats a paper trail.

Make sure you also check for and AR any encroachment on Abandoned Land or LLDWP land, such as roads, protected waterways etc., as Governence might take action on those.

As for the BBB, it's a Belicosian organisation dedicated to promoting Bellicosia, and destroying mainland, so it's no surprise that their "Ambassador" deliberately sabotages your area. It's all part of their sordid plan.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

The post made me curious, so I came by to take a look. What I saw was a partially built airport with the creator (who is not a BBB ambassador btw) actively working on it while I was there. When builds are in process, they can look pretty stark but still turn out to be nice when completed. So personally, I will wait until it is finished to draw my conclusion.

If you feel this build is breaking SL rules, such as overlapping on your property or blocking public access land, I suggest you AR it and let the Linden Governance team decide if it is an issue.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Freyja Vanlager said:

During last days residents of the northern area of Gaeta V watch with horror how this monstrosity rises up, hiding the sun and spoiling the environment. They have built a flying airport that extends above Route 7 even occupying areas of neighboring parcels using the "attach objects to their parcel" technique.

The saddest thing is that one of those responsible for this attack against the environment (perhaps even against the rules of SL) is the ambassador of Belliseria in Gaeta. (Edited the name because someone tell me that I can't write names in the forum. )

We believe that it is disrespectful from the BBB to send us a diplomat who destroys our land. We'd like to know if there is something we can do to recover the beauty our land and to ask the owners to rebuild their airport in order to be integrated in the environment and not the way this is today.MonsterAirport_001.thumb.png.45be71956f69f8efa804714018bdfa69.png

4 hours ago, Freyja Vanlager said:

People hide behind these screens thinking they can call out whom they please. Well, look around SL. if my build is so hideous in its unfinished state, wait until its finished and in the meantime call the finished hideous sites out around sl. The only continent you won't find hideous builds is in Bellisseria. So, kick rocks why don't you?  I've been here how long and how many times have you known my build to look like this in its finished state? Or seen people working on their land in length to build something nice?  We own 3.25 regions. Have a look at those before you start your behind the screen judging of whom you decide to. We've spent tons of money to beautify our regions, but if you'd gone through any of this, you'd know it takes time and if you'd taken the time to do your investigation before you blindly criticize, especially when the property across the street looks like crap and has for years. You're deciding to personally attack me and my wife when you've ordained yourself as the know all. Well opinions are what you are, everyone has one. If you don't understand that phrase, think about what you are and figure it out while you're sitting behind our screen feeling proud of yourself. All of you are hypocrites. 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Tamara Adored said:

One of the owners of the property has that she is the Bellesserian Ambassador to Gaeta I & V in their profile. They might not be the one putting buildings up but they are certainly a part of the build project.

Is that like, "Karen, HOA President"?

1 hour ago, Tyson Lefevre said:

People hide behind these screens thinking they can call out whom they please. Well, look around SL. if my build is so hideous in its unfinished state, wait until its finished and in the meantime call the finished hideous sites out around sl. The only continent you won't find hideous builds is in Bellisseria. So, kick rocks why don't you?  I've been here how long and how many times have you known my build to look like this in its finished state? Or seen people working on their land in length to build something nice?  We own 3.25 regions. Have a look at those before you start your behind the screen judging of whom you decide to. We've spent tons of money to beautify our regions, but if you'd gone through any of this, you'd know it takes time and if you'd taken the time to do your investigation before you blindly criticize, especially when the property across the street looks like crap and has for years. You're deciding to personally attack me and my wife when you've ordained yourself as the know all. Well opinions are what you are, everyone has one. If you don't understand that phrase, think about what you are and figure it out while you're sitting behind our screen feeling proud of yourself. All of you are hypocrites. 

Well, everybody can read. The explanation is "we spent tons of money and we have 3.25 regions so more or less we can do whatever we want". Even hide the sun forever to neighboring plots and build on top of Route 7. Apparently money gives the power to do whatever they want. But no, we will fight everything necessary and we will take the case to LL to see the sun on our plots again. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Rufferta said:

That eyesore is quite obviously encroaching on LLDWP owned protected road, and people should Abuse Report it, until Governence comes out and deletes it.

Claiming that it's an unfinished eyesore, and that it will look fab when it's done, simply don't stand up to scrutiny. Airports are ALWAYS ugly as sin, always, that''s why people hate living next to them.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• Moles

If you have reason to believe that you have witnessed a violation of the TOS or the Community Standards, the way to handle it is with an Abuse Report. If not, but you are upset by something that another resident has done, talk it out between you. It is rarely appropriate to bring your complaint to the forums, where it can very quickly degenerate into a shouting match. And if you are a bystander, please try to avoid throwing extra fuel onto the fire.   

Edited by Dyna Mole
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 295 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.