SecondLifeTime

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 303 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Johnnie Goff said:

SL premium accounts are available still for purchase the only one that is sold out is the Lifetime Premium Plus account.

You mean that as of today the 200 premium accounts were not sold out. That is not good news

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

If the 20 PP accounts went super fast, hopefully those at least get re-offered..

I’m hoping so - they went very fast. We were offered a spot in the Premium queue but nah - plus or bust.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

You mean that as of today the 200 premium accounts were not sold out. That is not good news

I'm beginning to wonder if they stuck to that 200 cap. On the other hand, I have to admit I pondered a while before taking the Premium, having tried for the P.Plus, so maybe others interested in Lifetime are, like me, kinda lukewarm about fronting a bunch of money in return for mere Premium. In other words, they may have sold out 200 P.Plus Lifetimes first, even for the extra grand.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Johnnie Goff said:

I decided to upgrade to the Lifetime Premium account. It made sense to me although I wished we would have gotten a similar comparable land usage amount as the original lifetime holders in 2003. They can own up to 4096 sq meter of land without incurring any tier fees.

4096 sq meter would be a reason to be Lifetime. We get a worse deal now than the original lifetime, as I see it. It is all about land impact to me. I have made Linden Homes cozy and well furnished with all sorts of decor on the 371 li budget.

But it gets tiresome, to not use furniture or flowers with higher li. If I want every room filled with all sort of decor, it has to be low land impact items all over. A 5 li lamp is out of the question, because I can use a 2 li lamp and have 3 more decorative items too. So the 5 li lamp is never going to be used in a Linden Home. And absolutely not in a 1024 sq m where I need to use li on a house too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

It is surprising, But it may be as much about the cost as it is interest. A lot of people enjoy premium or premium plus memberships but pay monthly to avoid spend a lump sum, don't they?. This is a bigger lump ... some may have wanted to make the purchase, but without advance notice, could not. 

I'm certainly grateful there wasn't a mad dash for premium as there was for PP, or I would have missed out. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

4096 sq meter would be a reason to be Lifetime. We get a worse deal now than the original lifetime, as I see it.

Oh definitely, but maybe not if risk-adjusted. Before December 22, 2003 (the end of the original Lifetime offer) the prospect of SL still being online in a month was pretty dicey.

Personally, I didn't care about the land allotment; I'm not planning on squeezing down to 4096, let alone 2048, as long as I'm still logging in at all, so that's not really a consideration. (I guess it would be if I wanted one of the new Belli homes, but honestly I'm not sure why I'm keeping my houseboat, even.)

The problem with not getting P.Plus is that it means Qie isn't going to get a standalone Homestead. I could potentially upgrade an alt to P.Plus, but that would make the lifetime Premium that Qie just bought seem… extraneous. (That, and I kinda like the idea of never having to think about texture upload fees, not that my interests are particularly texture-upload-intensive anyway.)

If there were a lot of lifetime Premiums, they might justify a Premium+Plus "booster" subscription, an annual charge for just the Plus additions to the Premium subscription. But if there really are only 200 of us (or fewer), that wouldn't seem worth the Lab's time to even define the offer.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

Oh definitely, but maybe not if risk-adjusted. Before December 22, 2003 (the end of the original Lifetime offer) the prospect of SL still being online in a month was pretty dicey.

Personally, I didn't care about the land allotment; I'm not planning on squeezing down to 4096, let alone 2048, as long as I'm still logging in at all, so that's not really a consideration. (I guess it would be if I wanted one of the new Belli homes, but honestly I'm not sure why I'm keeping my houseboat, even.)

The problem with not getting P.Plus is that it means Qie isn't going to get a standalone Homestead. I could potentially upgrade an alt to P.Plus, but that would make the lifetime Premium that Qie just bought seem… extraneous. (That, and I kinda like the idea of never having to think about texture upload fees, not that my interests are particularly texture-upload-intensive anyway.)

If there were a lot of lifetime Premiums, they might justify a Premium+Plus "booster" subscription, an annual charge for just the Plus additions to the Premium subscription. But if there really are only 200 of us (or fewer), that wouldn't seem worth the Lab's time to even define the offer.

They should provide this "plus booster" even more if the group is a handful. That means only a handful of people believe in/and support SL's future. They're VIPs - treat them like it.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Argent Stonecutter said:

We don't know the status of the 200. I made my ticket a week ago, and it just went through. All 200 could be committed and just dribbling out because they're doing the upgrades manually.

Or somehow, they decided to extend more of the 200 Lifetime but not the 20 LifetimePlus..

44 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

I don't see ticket categories for either "Request SecondLifetime" types any more so I took that to mean they are now closed.

It still there you need to click account and then you will see request SecondLifetime Premium account. The only one sold out is the lifetime premium plus the lifetime premium is still available.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Johnnie Goff said:

It still there you need to click account and then you will see request SecondLifetime Premium account. The only one sold out is the lifetime premium plus the lifetime premium is still available.

Ahh, yes I made a mistake.  I see the Premium Lifetime account request now.

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, AzureWaves said:

They should provide this "plus booster" even more if the group is a handful. That means only a handful of people believe in/and support SL's future. They're VIPs - treat them like it.

I like the plus booster concept.

But, I can't agree that only a handful of people believe in/and support SL's future. While purchasing a lifetime membership implies such support, NOT purchasing a lifetime membership does not mean there is a lack of support.

There are many factors that would prevent someone from purchasing a lifetime membership even if they are an SL enthusiast: lack of disposable income sufficient to cover the cost, lack of awareness of this offer, no desire to downgrade to Premium, full enjoyment of SL without any membership, I could probably go on. 

As to LTMs being treated like VIPs.....yes please!!!

(Ugh...I used the word "that" twice...I'm trying to ween myself off of it's usage)

• Like 1

I got mine and to be honest, the waiting 7 years to benefit was not the case. I feel instantly great, my regular annual was due at the end of this month so that was going out already, and I now know i don't have to even account for that in future, it is done. So while a larger amount went out than usual, it was money I had. If you have the funds, do it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Argent Stonecutter said:

It went through. I got my first account an early 18th birthday present. I'll see next Tuesday if it's getting the right stipend but the support Linden said it should be the legacy amount.

LOL:

Next billing renewal date:

Good for you!!

Still waffling a little over taking an alt to lifetime Premium and keep Fauve P+. Since the first 2048 P+ regions have landed, I will likely want to keep one of those (current or future theme) and still be able to play GOH with an additional 1024 or 512 Linden home. Many do. Lifetime Premium pays for itself in 7.5 years vs yearly membership fee if I counted correctly. I’ve been here over 15 years and I’ll likely be in SL until they wheel me out, or SL itself turns out the lights whichever comes first, haha. I’m betting on both of those scenarios being well more than enough to make it financially viable. I do like the idea of staying another 22+ years and paying 1/3 of the cost overall. Maybe I’ll do it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Fauve Aeon said:

Maybe I’ll do it.

Any decision yet?  I'm on the edge of my seat!

15 hours ago, Island Granville said:

Island uncrosses toes. Can dance again.

Are these crossed toes, by any chance, on the same foot?  That would be quite a ... talent?

I happened to notice Premium LTMs are still available for request.  Doesn't the offer expire on July 11?  

Edited by BelleBax

May I say that Premium LTM is not a success if it's not sold 200 yet? I belive it is because nothing is added to it - no more land, no increase in stipend, and people prefer to pay annually instead. Because they have the freedom to quit paying Premium or take a break from SL.

All that Premium LTM offer, also comes with Premium.

I can be wrong if LL quietly removed the limit, and have sold thousands.

That 20 people bought Premium Plus, well that is not so surprising. It was only twenty, so if that number was not filled, it would be strange. It must be at least 20 persons in SL that have money to spend on SL in one big payment.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Gabriele Graves said:

I have to say I was disappointed with the offer.  20 years ago the Charter accounts were offered 4096 tier free for their money.  These offers didn't feel like progress to me considering how much Mainland we are always hearing about going to waste.

A fair assessment. Kudos to anyone who has found a mainland parcel and turned it into their own slice of paradise. Most of what I see these days are barren wastelands peppered with neon signs and helicopter pads....and asethetically disturbing, terminally vacant structures. I can't say I'd be excited to claim 4096 sqm of that even if it were included in LTMs. But.... I'd like the option.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 303 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.